main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "I Promise" A very short fanfic about Darth Vader and Leia. AU. finished 2-1-06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RyooNaberrie, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyooNaberrie

RyooNaberrie Jedi Master star 1

Feb 1, 2006
    This was my first fanfic, I wrote it about 5 years ago. I hope you enjoy it!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    DARTH VADER'S POV

I walk the halls accompanied by two guards who have just told me that they have finally captured Princess Leia Organa of the Rebels. This is good news, very good news.

"One more corner , my Lord." speaks the guard on my left.

I'm beginning to get very irritated with this useless life-form, thinking I can't do anything for myself.

We turn the last corner to see yet another useless guard holding a hooded white figure by the arm.

"Remove your hoodings, Princess." I command her. I can see her sway on the spot.

"Never," she replies surprisingly calmly, and I grow quite curious of the young rebel.

"Very well, your Highness. I guess I shall have to do it for you." My gloved hands glide towards her hood as I slowly lift the hood past her lips, past her nose.... I suddenly jerk the hood back over her face yet again, and turn to the pathetic fools watching.

"Leave us!" I see them growing more and more confused, "NOW!!!" They scramble away at my command. I'm left alone with this beautiful creature.

"Padme?" I ask her as soft as my electronic voice can muster. She makes no effort to answer me. "Padme, darling, I know it is you. Just please lower your hood, my love." This catches the figure off-guard.

"My love?!" She screams as she quickly tears down the hood to look at me. "Your love?! I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea as to what you're talking about, Vader, and I'm not entirely sure I want to know."

"Padme?" I ask her again, my heart sinking as she calls me by that hideous name.

She suddenly grips my shoulders very tightly with anger, "I am not Padme, Vader! To be honest, I don't even know who Padme is-" I interrupt her.

"But you look exactly like her though.." I trail off, while what's left off my human brain tries to decifer what she has told me.

"My Padme was pregnant all those years ago, but the child supposedly didn't survive..., " I mutter to myself, before realization hit me so hard, I almost fell over in my suit. "You are my daughter, Leia," I tell the Princess in amazement.

Leia stared at me in shock before bursting out, "I AM NOT! My father is Bail Organa and my mother was, well, I really didn't know my mother, but-" I suddenly interrupted her again.

"Have you ever felt like they aren't your true parents? That you are not biologically theirs?" I question her with urgency, while pushing her thoughts.

"If I have, I certainly wouldn't tell the Dark Lord, of all people!" She screams at me, with hate shining in her mere words.

"But you know it to be true, my Leia. In the back of your mind, you do," I tell her quietly.

My daughter looked defeated. My daughter. It feels so strange to know that a part of me and a part of Padme is here- alive.

"Come, my child," I beckon to Leia, who looks exactly like my beloved Padme except for the eyes- my mother's eyes.

Then I did something only my previously known self would have done- I hugged her.

And at this very moment, I could've sworn I felt your presence here with us, Padme. A presence that resides in your daughter.

In our daughter.

And as I look into her eyes that are filled with heartfelt tears, I weep on the inside because you are not here to share this wonderful moment with us. With merely our daughter here with me, I have finally found my redemption to the light. And I promise, my love, that I will keep her safe from harm at all costs- even if the price is my own life.

I've never yet broken a promise- and this one won't be any different. I promise this time, my dear Padme. I truly promise.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    I hoped that wasn't too AU for you!

~Ryoo

2. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Aww...quite sweet.

My daughter looked defeated. My daughter. It feels so strange to know that a part of me and a part of Padme is here- alive.

Yes...leia was always quite the daddy's girl ( in that "I take no crap from anyone" way).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.