main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I really dont think Anakin is gone 4 good

Discussion in 'Literature' started by shamroc829, Jan 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shamroc829

shamroc829 Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    Hey, maybe this has been posted b4 but i dunno cause im new here so bear with me. When i started reading Star by Star i knew one of the main charaters would be killed off. I actually thought it would be Jacen not Anakin. Personally I dont think Anakin Solo is gone for good. Yeah, Yeah i know it migt sound stupid but it just doesnt make sence to kill him off! Theres many reasons i think he'll be back, for one Anakin's charater is a lot more devoloped then a lot of the other perople in the series. Obviously they were planning to have him as the major charaters when the enevatble happens...when luke, leia, mara, and Han go to the happy hunting grounds. I have no clue how it will happen but i really believe we will see anakin again.

2. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    That would, frankly, suck. It's cheesy and stupid. He's dead, let's leave him that way. Maybe him returning in spirit form a la Anakin(Skywalker), Ben, and Yoda.

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Have you ever had Barbeque chicken?

4. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    He's dead. At most you might get Anakin in blue.

5. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    Theres many reasons i think he'll be back, for one Anakin's charater is a lot more devoloped then a lot of the other perople in the series.

That's exactly why it was time for him to die. Characters are only interesting if they can grow. Anakin has reached the limit of his power- were he to become any stronger in the Force, he would have been invincible, and that would just make things boring.

6. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    cooked on good ol fashioned hickory logs?

7. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    barbeque chicken is good yes i have had it.

8. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
  9. VeGeX

VeGeX Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2001
    Roast turkey kicks bbq chicken :p

10. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Well, what ever you choose to put on the Bar-b, :D, it's all the same, ;).

11. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    That was random... Since we are on random, I saw an airplane once. :)

12. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Oh, I can surely say my thoughts have a point compared to yours, ;).

13. Risste

Risste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2001
    I love novels and series where the authors create and develope romance in order to simply destroy it a book later. That's my favorite. For goodness sake, the only romance I can relate to in the GFFA is Anakin/ Tahiri!

Luke and Mara are like fifty. When they snuggle, my skin crawls. Same with H/L.

Jacen the philosopher and Tenel Ka the abrupt have one of the most annoying relationships i have ever seen written.

Corran and Mirax are getting along in years as well...

For the sake of nondisgusting romance in the GFFA, I pray that Anakin makes a return.

Gandolf is "gone" at the end of FotR, do you think it would be cheesy if he made some sort of "miraculous return?"

Mara made a miraculous recovery from her illness during Rebirth. Was that cheesy?

Honestly, to say that a return would be cheesy is to say that the entire idea of rebirth, of a "second coming", of ressurection and redemption is "cheesy."

If you think only a ressurrection of Anakin would be cheesy, ok. But the idea of a main character destined to escape the sure and invinsible grip of death, goes back to the Greeks, the Romans. It is found in the Bible, and even in the greatest stories of modern times.

To dismiss an integral part of classic and modern literature, folklore and storytelling by simply calling it "cheesy" and leaving it at that seems rather dismissive. Perhaps someone could expand on this for me?

14. Elite_Guard

Elite_Guard Jedi Master star 2

Oct 7, 2001
    because they hold on so long i think its time to friggin let go... thats why they killed him. and besides it let the twins to take separate paths which proves the yuuzhan vong theory on twins

The Yin and the Yang
    or the twin Vong gods

Jaina is the dark now and jacen is the light

15. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    Seeing that Gandalf was really a Maia spirit, Jesus was the Son of God, and Mara was just plain sick, it would be tasteless to bring back Anakin. He is mortal.

16. Gotterdammerung

Gotterdammerung Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Not really. He seems above everything, so more of a demi-god. I'm not opposed to him dying, but he was one of the best surviving EU characters and it leaves a lot of loose ends.

17. Elite_Guard

Oct 7, 2001
    Jaina and Jacen are the demi-gods if their are any... Anakin has seen the true force but has not lived to tell about it... which may or may not be a good thing . Maybe the Jedi aren't ready for the truth

18. Gotterdammerung

Jan 7, 2002
    Jaina, possibly. Jacen hasn't really done that much recently, not even in SbS. The truth is that someone needs to open a can of Luke on the Vong.

19. Elite_Guard

Oct 7, 2001
    you'd think he could do it himself

20. Gotterdammerung

Jan 7, 2002
    Nah, that's what he's got Mara for.

21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    We have to think here.

When Anakin died (I have not read SBS yet), it was for the good and for the bad. Reasons:
    (A) Anakin could never be as powerful as Luke or Mara (If he did, then it would really have been pointless to have the OT. Luke Skywalker will always be number 1. No matter what.

(B) It makes a rift in the twins

(C) It makes us really see that no one even Anakin can live for ever

What do you guys think?

22. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    this is the most original thread i have seen in a long time... ;)

23. Elite_Guard

Oct 7, 2001
    except for one thing

1) Before anakin died he was more powerful than any Jedi ever, he could even feel the Vong through teh force.

24. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    that wasn't him. That was his lightsabre

25. Elite_Guard

Oct 7, 2001
    but it wasnt the faint feeling of the vong from the lambent it was just as clear as sensing another human with the force

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.