main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga I, Rebel (Hal Horn survives to join the Rebellion, AU, Author's Note 02/11/07)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawan lunetta, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I dunno guys. She logged in today but hasn't posted since July...I know RL has been a priority (she mentioned that a ways back) so we might be in for a loooong wait.

2. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Hey, everyone. I know you've all been waiting for a new post for months, but you need to cut down the upping. If you want to talk about the story, that's fine, but posting just to kick this to the top of page 1 - especially multiple times in one week - is pushing a lot of other stories down.

Also, please don't reply just to acknowledge this post. It defeats the purpose of acknowledgement. ;)

3. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Well I am for one glad everyone is upping. If they weren't I probably would never have found this story. It took me a little bit, but I have been reading in between LSAT prep, an internship and class. Finally finished. Normally, I wouldn't have started with a story so far devloped. However, Corran and Hal Horn are probably two out of my three favorite EU characters, and there just aren't that many Hal stories to satsify. Additionally, this AU has been circulating my mind the past few weeks since I just re-read the X-Wing series.

Overall, I think your story is incredibly well written. My three favorite aspects: (1) I like how you capture the characters' personality as they were in the early rebellion and not how they were fifteen years down the line. Too many writers use the character's mind sets of the later books because they are, lets face it, more recent and easiest to call to mind. (2) I like how major plot events and facts run parallel to your story. Makes it seem more familiar than many other AUs. (3) I like how you characterize the Corellian Jedi as an order apart from the traditional Coruscanti Jedi, their often rivalous (I hope thats a word)relationship. It gives Hal more depth. He always seemed a traditionalist to me and an adherent to the Jedi code of conduct; he just follows another one. I am glad you included the Corellians dedication to family and their semi isolation from individuals outside their immediate circle. I think this illuminates the difficulty in consolidating the Jedi in the NJO and post NJO eras. Even the old republic jedi split into different orders, particularly in the older worlds. Luke tries to re-establish an order with individuals from various cultures, the consequence is rifts.

In summation, great AU. I look foward to reading many of your other stories.

4. Jedi_Master_Mouf

Jedi_Master_Mouf Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    UP, is it okay to do that now that its been almost a month since the last post in the thread?

5. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    I just completed a mass reread and let me say it is just as good the second time as it is the first. I hope all is well with our author. I'd like to see more from her in the future.

6. LostBook

LostBook Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2003
    Just finished reading this all the way through and I really, really, really hope it updates soon! I've been mainly reading before-the-saga, so this was an awesome change for me. The X-Wing books are some of my favourite star wars novels, and I loved "I, Jedi"- "I, Rebel" is so far like a combination of those books plus the original trilogy! I just hope it gets updated again soon- this is like the third story I have started reading only to discover it hasn't been updated in months... maybe I should start only reading fics that are complete :oops:

Anyways, truly great fic, I love Hal, and please update soon ! [face_praying]

7. Jedi_Master_Mouf

May 4, 2004
    it seems the fics I like the most end up dying unfinished. 'tis very sad.

8. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    Don't say that yet, Luney's had a break on this before, then she resurfaced for a few months and gave us another 6-8 chapters...

I refuse to let this die. (So hurry up and post, Luney! ;) )

9. Jedi_Master_Mouf

May 4, 2004
    well I haven't given up yet either, just commenting on how a lot of the best stuff seems to go unfinished, and I'm quite afraid this one will go in that direction.

10. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    I too am afraid, and I haven't waited nearly as long as the rest of you.

11. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Still arround and still looking for more. . . kinda went back on my whole awol promise . . .but this will be further up in my recent posts now for me to check on it :D

:: pokes the Luney::

12. Jedi_Master_Mouf

May 4, 2004
  13. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Luney's having a lot of RL stuff going on, so she hasn't been able to be around much. I AM bugging her about it, though. ;)

14. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    I am sorry, I thought I had posted a note on this story as I had on the other! I am grateful for all of your support and continued interest, but I can't honestly say when\if it will be updated again. I am trying to enter the big bad world of publishing, and have been concentrating solely on original works. Sometimes I still get ideas for this, but I try not to. I am very sorry, eventually it could be finished, but at the moment, it isn't looking like it. :)

15. timbo72

timbo72 Jedi Master

Mar 12, 2002
    Good luck Luney! If you do get an original work published let us know, ok? It'd probably be worth a few bucks. :)

16. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    Yes, I definately wish you good luck with that! [:D][face_good_luck]

And hey, we can still live in hope for this story. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.