main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga I, Rebel (Hal Horn survives to join the Rebellion, ROTJ AU Updated 04/29)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawan lunetta, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Disclaimer: I do not own SW, any recognizeable characters and places are not mine. Also I had to change some history to make this story work with the prequels as well. There's so little done with Hal I've basically taken what I could from a short story I read with him once. And, yes, I do have a thing about doing play offs of I, Jedi. ;)

Title: I, Rebel

Characters: Hal Horn, Corran Horn, Leia, Han, Luke and the Rogues

Timeframe: ESB merging with ROTJ

Introduction: This is a story that I started about four years ago, but real life prevented me from finishing it. I was rereading it the other night after not looking at it for years, and got kind of upset with where it ended. So I decided to finish it! There will be some minor revisions, and I have no idea if any of my readers are still around, but I am working on the end of it now!

2. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Chapter One

It seemed an anticlimactic end to Wedge Antilles' smuggling and rebel career. I had spent so many years chasing him, in a way I was a little depressed as I answered the call. One of our newest recruits to Corsec, Adson Iving, had broken up a bar brawl downtown, and identified one of the brawlers to be Wedge Antilles. I was skeptical, to say the least. Catching the infamous smuggler and rebel pilot would certainly be one way to start your career with a bang, but I was fairly certain he was jumping the blaster.

Still, any suspicious rebel activity was worth investigating, and no officer knew Wedge Antilles better than me.

The alleged rebels were being held in the Comet's Tail cantina. I entered the Comet carefully, noting upturned tables and piles of glass being cleaned up by maintenance droids. Adson was there to greet me, looking very pleased with himself. "Antilles is being held in the back," he informed me, starting to lead the way. "We're holding his friends as well."

I nodded. "You sure it's him?"

"Of course," Adson replied as we reached the room where they were being held. Two of the cantina's guards stood outside the door, and I cocked an eyebrow at Adson.

"You think you've got Antilles and you've only set two guards?"

Adson snorted. "He's too drunk to get anywhere."

I wanted to hit my head against the wall. "Could very well be an act." I palmed the door open, and immediately began scanning the room. The rebels were all young men, looking to be in their early twenties. One, a baby faced brunette, sporting a black eye and split lip, glared defiantly at me and sat back against the bench, folding his arms. I guessed him to be the instigator, but it wasn't his defiant glare that annoyed me. I turned to Adson. "Looks like he could use an icepack, Iving."

"Sir, he's a rebel," Adson said, sounding surprised.

"Allegedly," I reminded the kid. "And that doesn't make him any less sentient. See if they have any at the bar for him."

The young man glared harder at me, and I turned my attention to the man seated next to him. His companion was blonde, with a dour expression on his face, his eyes rolled up toward the ceiling like he feared it might fall on him.

Before he left for the ice, Adson felt the need to goad Antilles. "Perhaps you remember Captain Hal Horn?" He asked, rather smug.

I looked immediately toward where he was looking, recognizing Antilles instantly. His brown eyes were far too clear to be as drunk as Adson thought, (I fear for the future of Corsec). Still, he clumsily spread his hands and his speech was slurred. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Antilles turned his gaze to me, and what I saw in his eyes caused me to pause. I detected distinct relief there, shadowed only slightly with fear. I wondered if I'd grown soft in my age. Most smugglers were certainly not happy to see me, particularly if I were there to positively identify them. Then another, darker thought crossed my mind. Was he relieved to see me because I was, perhaps, one of the last just men working for Corsec?

Movement next to him caught my eye, as the man sitting next to him shifted his weight on the bench. My blood ran cold. The young man's hair was dyed a deep brown, and though he now had a well trimmed goatee, he was unmistakably my son, Corran. Noticing he had my attention, he snapped his posture upright, and I felt my heart sink in my chest. There had to be a million reasons why my son would be cavorting around with rebels, but all of them would have to lead to one conclusion: he was one of them.

Now you may find my response to be somewhat unprofessional, but I have given up so much for a government that I do not believe in, hoping to at least keep my own home-world safe. My life and well being are worth the cost, but my son's, however, is not.

Miraculously, I managed to find my voice, and raise an eyebrow to Adson. "That's not Antilles."

Adson choked. "What?

3. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yay - you're back and posting. [face_dancing]

Just bookmarking this so I can read it later. :)

4. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    You're back!!!!!!!!!!! Nice reboot you have, so far. Loved how Hal slipped the Rebels away. And Corran's right - as usual, one must take a stand against corruption.

Put me on the PM list, please.

5. Alonna_Reese

Alonna_Reese Jedi Knight

Jul 5, 2008
    I stumbled onto the unfinished version of this story about six months ago and thought it was a disappointment that such a great story was unfinished. I'll be looking forward to finally finding out the ending.

6. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Alright. Definitely glad that you're going to try and finish it. Also, can I be added to your PM list?

7. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Oh, I do remember this story! I'm glad it's back... with the added/altered parts being More Han, right? :p

Keep on posting this time! [face_dancing]

8. KirneySlane22

KirneySlane22 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2003
    I'm glad to see that this story is finally going to finished. Loved it the first time I read it, I'm sure the same will be true this time around.

Kir

9. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Tahi:

Yay - you're back and posting.

Just bookmarking this so I can read it later.
    Glad to have you here!

ZebulaNebula:

You're back!!!!!!!!!!! Nice reboot you have, so far. Loved how Hal slipped the Rebels away. And Corran's right - as usual, one must take a stand against corruption. Hey, you're still here! Awesome! Thank so much for coming back!

Put me on the PM list, please. Certainly!

Alonna_Reese:

I stumbled onto the unfinished version of this story about six months ago and thought it was a disappointment that such a great story was unfinished. I'll be looking forward to finally finding out the ending. Oh wow, you must have had to dig far to find it! I am glad you read it! Thank you for commenting!

MiralukaJedi:

Alright. Definitely glad that you're going to try and finish it. Also, can I be added to your PM list? Did you used to read this as well? I love your Nejaa story! Funny how we chose completely different Halcyons to affect the OT...and during different movies as well! (I think this one was inspired while discussing Corran Horn characterization with Jesina Dries and how he might have changed if Hal had lived. I'd had a lot of fun writing a young Valin for a short story, and thought that this would be a fun AU. :))

And sure to the PM list. :)

PonyTricks:

Oh, I do remember this story! I'm glad it's back... with the added/altered parts being More Han, right? Umm...you want me to place interludes of Han's thoughts while he's in carbonite? ;) But I can tell you this: If Corran Horn is going to be flying with Rogue Squadron for the Death Star run....where do you think Hal would be? ;)

Keep on posting this time! I shall!

KirneySlane22:

I'm glad to see that this story is finally going to finished. Loved it the first time I read it, I'm sure the same will be true this time around.

Kir
    I hope so too! Thank you for coming back!

Chapter Two

I have often told Corran that if you cannot recognize the person in the mirror, it is time to step back and see when you stopped being yourself. That night, I was almost afraid to look. I didn't want to think about how far I was going to have to look back. For almost two decades, I have been using another name, completely ignoring a heritage that has shaped my entire life. I have stood by while a war for the soul of the galaxy was being fought.

Valin Halcyon would never have done that.

Master Yoda was fond of advising against recklessness and impatience, but in truth, Jedi were far more reckless than the average sentient. We took more risks because we were better able to survive them. The Council thought that the Corellians were the worst in this regard, and I can't say I disagree. There's little sense in caution where odds do not exist for you. If Nyche hadn't been pregnant with Corran during the purges, I imagine I would have been one of Vader's victims by now.

Or a leader in the Rebellion.

I'd had a hard time adjusting to civilian life. Even though I started working for Corsec, it was tough not taking the most dangerous missions because of my Rookie status. Corran's birth curbed my reckless streak even more, until I found myself settled into an almost normal life.

Almost.

I missed my father terribly, and could not follow in his footsteps by training my own son in the Jedi ways. I certainly did my best to keep him from dark side emotions but there was so much more I longed to teach him. Now, for the first time in years, I found myself entertaining thoughts of training him. Of course, the only way to do that would be to join the Rebellion.

The risks in not only joining the Rebellion, and perhaps once again embracing the Jedi ways, were great.

But sometimes life isn't worth living without taking certain risks.

I took a deep breath and faced the mirror, raising my eyebrow at my reflection. There was

10. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Very nice to read it again. Good work!

11. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    Umm...you want me to place interludes of Han's thoughts while he's in carbonite? - Hey, this is AU! You said so yourself! Han doesn't HAVE to be frozen in carbonite in an AU! :p

That said, this was another good post. :)

12. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    YAY! [face_dancing]

I'm so happy to see both you and this story back on the boards! It's been such a long time since I read this 'fic that I'm glad you're posting from the beginning again because now I can catch up all over again.

I have missed thee, fair Luney :* [face_love]

13. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Okay - made it back.

I looked immediately toward where he was looking, recognizing Antilles instantly. His brown eyes were far too clear to be as drunk as Adson thought, (I fear for the future of Corsec).
    Heh heh. That's our Wedge - although there again he never was a brilliant actor. ;)

Movement next to him caught my eye, as the man sitting next to him shifted his weight on the bench. My blood ran cold. The young man's hair was dyed a deep brown, and though he now had a well trimmed goatee, he was unmistakably my son, Corran. Noticing he had my attention, he snapped his posture upright, and I felt my heart sink in my chest. There had to be a million reasons why my son would be cavorting around with rebels, but all of them would have to lead to one conclusion: he was one of them.
    Gah - bet that gave poor old Hal a jolt.

I like Hal's reasoning about his politics. There is always a cost.

"For one thing, Antilles is a couple centimeters shorter," I said, jabbing my thumb at Antilles. "And a hell of a lot smarter."
    :D Awesome.

I loved that apology idea.

I'd been admittedly disappointed when I learned that Corran wished to quit Corsec in order to join the navy. But after I'd been shot last year, nearly dying from it, and the perps walked free, he'd lost his faith in the system.
    Great little tweak to "history" there. I much prefer your version.

There comes a time in every parent's life where you find yourself searching desperately for the child you raised, only to find them forever replaced by the man standing in front of you.
    Oooh - loved that bit. The complications he expresses ring true, too.

Everything I have done for the Empire, I have done for my family.

And now the most important person in my life had turned away from it, and everything I do for the Empire now would hurt him.

Life is horribly complicated!!! But this is what happens in war.

I'm loving Hal. [face_love]

Chapter 2

I missed my father terribly, and could not follow in his footsteps by training my own son in the Jedi ways. I certainly did my best to keep him from dark side emotions but there was so much more I longed to teach him. Now, for the first time in years, I found myself entertaining thoughts of training him. Of course, the only way to do that would be to join the Rebellion.
    I love the way you write Hal's conflict.

And, with that simple act, I knew I'd sealed my fate.
    That little scene made me quite teary. Hal is such a kind, caring man.

Antilles shrugged. "Making sure we have everything before waking the men."

I smiled slightly, a little surprised. Don't get me wrong, I could tell he was a good kid when chasing him, just...misguided. Now it seemed the Rebellion was making a leader out of him, and a great one, too. I tilted my head. "They obviously respect you as Commander."

"I do my best," Antilles answered, looking down at the datapad, his cheeks flushing. "They respect that."

Oooh - my Wedge. [face_love]

"My son doesn't respect just anyone."

"No, he doesn't." Antilles smirked a little. "Can't imagine where he got that from."

I laughed, somewhat awkwardly. This was an interesting situation I'd found myself in, exchanging pleasantries with Wedge Antilles. "Breakfast with Wedge Antilles...what's next? Sabaac with Han Solo?"

Antilles grinned. "You'd lose."

Oh boy - your dialogue is perfection. :)

I love the way Wedge has Han and Leia sussed.

Tycho shoved him out of the way, taking a hit in his stomach. The remaining trooper took off, shouting into his comlink for backup. Corran and I dashed down the ramp to aid Janson, who was running forward half supporting, half carrying Tycho.

"How bad is it?" I demanded, noticing that Tycho was covering his wound with his hand.

Tycho shook his head. "Not bad...we have to hurry."

Noooo - not Tycho. Typical - men being heroes. Grrrr :mad:

Great place to end!! But now I'll worry all week about Tycho. [face_worried]

Did I say how good it is to have you back? [face_h

14. jedipati

jedipati Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    I remember this- I don't think I ever commented on it. It's good to know that you're going to finish it.

Could you put me on the PM list?

15. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    I remember reading your previous rendition of this story and I'm looking forward to see what you do with this. Here's to the next chapter

16. Fanficfan

Fanficfan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    Normally I'm not much of a fan of 1st person stories, but I'm rather interested in reading more of Hal Horn, plus you write 1st person pretty well. Keep up the good stuff, can't wait to see where this goes.
    Also, if you have a PM list, can I be on it? Please?
    Fanficfan

17. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    MiralukaJedi:

Very nice to read it again. Good work! THank you very much!

PonyTricks:

Umm...you want me to place interludes of Han's thoughts while he's in carbonite? - Hey, this is AU! You said so yourself! Han doesn't HAVE to be frozen in carbonite in an AU! This is true, Han doesn't HAVE to be frozen...but he is. *winces* But once he's unfrozen, he's there! ;) (And I understand your wanting Han...I would be dying for my dear sweet Lukie!)

That said, this was another good post. Thank you!

Inara:

YAY!

I'm so happy to see both you and this story back on the boards! It's been such a long time since I read this 'fic that I'm glad you're posting from the beginning again because now I can catch up all over again.

I have missed thee, fair Luney
    Thank you for coming back to read! I have missed thee, fairer Inara!

Tahi:

Okay - made it back. Yay!

I looked immediately toward where he was looking, recognizing Antilles instantly. His brown eyes were far too clear to be as drunk as Adson thought, (I fear for the future of Corsec).
    Heh heh. That's our Wedge - although there again he never was a brilliant actor.
    lol! This is true.

Gah - bet that gave poor old Hal a jolt.
    It certainly did!

I like Hal's reasoning about his politics. There is always a cost. Thank you! This is true. And as a Horn, he must think everything through...carefully.

"For one thing, Antilles is a couple centimeters shorter," I said, jabbing my thumb at Antilles. "And a hell of a lot smarter."
    Awesome.
    Hehehe thank you!

I loved that apology idea. Thank you!

I'd been admittedly disappointed when I learned that Corran wished to quit Corsec in order to join the navy. But after I'd been shot last year, nearly dying from it, and the perps walked free, he'd lost his faith in the system.
    Great little tweak to "history" there. I much prefer your version.
    Thank you! Me too. ;)

There comes a time in every parent's life where you find yourself searching desperately for the child you raised, only to find them forever replaced by the man standing in front of you.
    Oooh - loved that bit. The complications he expresses ring true, too.
    Thank you!

Everything I have done for the Empire, I have done for my family.

And now the most important person in my life had turned away from it, and everything I do for the Empire now would hurt him.
    Life is horribly complicated!!! But this is what happens in war.
    This is true.

I'm loving Hal. Good! Me too. ;)

Chapter 2

I love the way you write Hal's conflict.
    Thank you!

And, with that simple act, I knew I'd sealed my fate.
    That little scene made me quite teary. Hal is such a kind, caring man.
    Thank you! And, yes, he is. That was the overall impression I got from him when I read Stackpole's and Zahn's short novels... that he was just...nice. :)

"I do my best," Antilles answered, looking down at the datapad, his cheeks flushing. "They respect that."
    Oooh - my Wedge.
    That's right!

Antilles grinned. "You'd lose."
    Oh bo

18. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Here is Chapter Three!

Chapter Three

My father liked to tell me that when the Force speaks to you, it is a gentle whisper or nudge. Apparently, if you wait a couple decades to actively use it again, it delivers swift kicks to the butt instead. At least, that's what I was feeling when I entered the cabin to check on Tycho Celchu, and was informed of his grave condition. Hobbie had run a medisensor over him, discovering that the bolt had grazed his stomach and kidneys, and damaged his pancreas. We were days away from where the rebel fleet was assembled, (I was not informed of the actual location for security reasons) and it was dangerous to leave hyperspace short of your destination. I helped Hobbie start a nutrient drip and administer painkillers, but I had the feeling that the young man would not make it to the Fleet.

Hobbie was acting perhaps a little too professional, as though attempting to detach himself from the situation. I'd seen it in many Corsec detectives. Sometimes it seemed that the worse the situation, the more calm they managed to be. I, however, could sense the deep worry Hobbie held for his friend, and his frustration in not being able to help him. Janson peeked his head into the cabin once, to inquire after Tycho, and at Hobbie's answer, he'd turned pale and left the room, muttering an excuse under his breath. I was certain the man must be feeling rather guilty because Tycho had taken the shot for him.

It didn't take Antilles long to come in after me, probably having noticed Hobbie's prolonged absence. He folded his arms after entering the cabin, leaning against the wall. "How is he doing?"

"He's in bad shape," Hobbie answered, unable to look up and meet his commander's eyes.

I rested my hand on the young man?s shoulder. "He'll be fine."

Hobbie stepped away from me, probably upset that I was trying to encourage false hopes. When Corran was a teenager, he used to grumble about my being too optimistic, but what I had been unable to tell him was that it was one of my defenses against the Darkside of the Force. If your thoughts dwell in darkness, then it is likely that your soul will soon follow.

Antilles arched an eyebrow. "Will he make it to the base?"

"Not without bacta," Hobbie answered softly. "I've put patches on his wound, but it isn't enough."

His assessment was true, but what Hobbie didn't know was that though often slower, a Jedi Healing trance often worked just as well as bacta, if not better. I had not intended to reveal myself as a Jedi yet. I wasn't ready. But, I could hardly let the man die simply because I was too afraid to act. If this was the Force's way of letting me know it was time to start being a Jedi again, I was getting the message loud and clear.

Antilles had stiffened just slightly at Hobbie's words, but he obviously wished to retain his own professionalism as well, and had been trying to keep himself distant from his men. I was only able to tell how deeply it was affecting him by the look in his eyes and sense in the Force. "There's always another way."

Hobbie looked at me in disbelief. "Right."

Antilles merely watched me carefully, obviously confused. I certainly wasn't a surgeon, and that perhaps to them, was the only other way. I cleared my throat, nodding to both men. "Excuse me," I said, then left the cabin, going off in search for my son.

Truth was, I am just a little out of practice when it comes to using the Force. Years ago, I may have been able to pull off a healing trance on the young man without overtaxing myself too greatly, but I harbored no illusions that I would be able to now. I was going to need my son's help in this matter, which meant it was time I told him the truth about his heritage.

A couple of years ago, I made a recording about it, because should I have died before being able to tell him, I wanted him to hear it from me. The holorecording, however, was safely hidden away inside Corran's droid, Whistler, and I didn't have time to c

19. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Very nice. Can't wait for more. :D

20. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    Boy, won't Luke be surprised when he finds out there is yet another Jedi Knight still alive. Unless Luke won't be meeting Hal Horn anytime soon, since he SHOULD be busy elsewhere, doing something very, very important.

21. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Hey, two for one! Sorry I missed the last update ... my internet chose an awkward moment to conk out on me. Hal's right ... taking your own advice isn't exactly easy ... especially with self-examination. I chuckled at his 'saber test ... it would be awkward, but thankfully, those things are built to last. Ouch ... poor Tycho ... man, he's had it tough. That was quite an awkward revelation, but I suppose it's for the best if it helps Tycho. Looks like they're doing an OK job of putting him in the trance ... especially since Hal's out of practice, and Corran's a complete rookie.

22. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Thank goodness Hal was there! Or else my darling Tycho would be no more, and we can't have that, not even in an AU!

I gotta feel for Corran - in a single moment, he was told that his identity and sense of self - really his entire life - was a lie. But kudos to him for keeping calm about the situation and trusting his dad to continue in the moment of crisis.

Plus, just how awesome is Hal? :*

23. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    MiralukaJedi:

Very nice. Can't wait for more. Thank you!

PonyTricks:

Boy, won't Luke be surprised when he finds out there is yet another Jedi Knight still alive. Unless Luke won't be meeting Hal Horn anytime soon, since he SHOULD be busy elsewhere, doing something very, very important. Lukie would be quite surprised! And what is this very very important thing he should be doing? ;)

ZebulaNebula:

Hey, two for one! Sorry I missed the last update ... my internet chose an awkward moment to conk out on me. Hal's right ... taking your own advice isn't exactly easy ... especially with self-examination. I chuckled at his 'saber test ... it would be awkward, but thankfully, those things are built to last.[/i] This is true!

Ouch ... poor Tycho ... man, he's had it tough. That was quite an awkward revelation, but I suppose it's for the best if it helps Tycho. Looks like they're doing an OK job of putting him in the trance ... especially since Hal's out of practice, and Corran's a complete rookie. Very true! Thank you for reading!

Inara:

Thank goodness Hal was there! Or else my darling Tycho would be no more, and we can't have that, not even in an AU! That would just not be good!

I gotta feel for Corran - in a single moment, he was told that his identity and sense of self - really his entire life - was a lie. But kudos to him for keeping calm about the situation and trusting his dad to continue in the moment of crisis. This is true. He's not a happy camper right now, but he'll just have to get over it...

Plus, just how awesome is Hal? lol! I'd date him. ;)

24. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    but what I had been unable to tell him was that it was one of my defenses against the Darkside of the Force. If your thoughts dwell in darkness, then it is likely that your soul will soon follow.
    That is SO true and real. :)

I had not intended to reveal myself as a Jedi yet. I wasn't ready. But, I could hardly let the man die simply because I was too afraid to act. If this was the Force's way of letting me know it was time to start being a Jedi again, I was getting the message loud and clear.
    I loved this. Always the dilemma isn't there - the things that force one's hand?

I like the way you wrote in that bit about the message in Whistler (from I, Jedi). :)

"No wonder he tried to keep it from us. Wedge would never have gone to hyperspace if he had known." He curled his fingers into a fist. "Sithspit."
    But that's Tycho for you. Damned hero instinct!!!

What a relief that Corran didn't go off on a rant. It proves he has his friend's best interests at heart. However - I bet he'll let Hal have it later. :eek:

Thank goodness also that Wedge is familiar with Jedi techniques. :) It's kind of touching that Hal finds it so hard to believe Wedge's readiness to accept that he's a Jedi. Of course he won't realise that Wedge is used to Jedi and their mysterious ways having been so close to Luke. Poor Hal - but it's kind of sweet.

While Corran worked on clearing his mind, a process which could theoretically take weeks
    :D

And to top it off, as though coming out of a daze, Hobbie asked me, "Did you just say Jedi Knight?"
    Ha - that is SO Hobbie. Great ending. :)

25. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    but what I had been unable to tell him was that it was one of my defenses against the Darkside of the Force. If your thoughts dwell in darkness, then it is likely that your soul will soon follow.
    That is SO true and real. :) [/i] Thank you! I was quite proud of that line.

I had not intended to reveal myself as a Jedi yet. I wasn't ready. But, I could hardly let the man die simply because I was too afraid to act. If this was the Force's way of letting me know it was time to start being a Jedi again, I was getting the message loud and clear.
    I loved this. Always the dilemma isn't there - the things that force one's hand?
    This is true!

I like the way you wrote in that bit about the message in Whistler (from I, Jedi). :) Thank you!

"No wonder he tried to keep it from us. Wedge would never have gone to hyperspace if he had known." He curled his fingers into a fist. "Sithspit."
    But that's Tycho for you. Damned hero instinct!!!
    I know it!

What a relief that Corran didn't go off on a rant. It proves he has his friend's best interests at heart. However - I bet he'll let Hal have it later. :eek: Naturally! ;)

Thank goodness also that Wedge is familiar with Jedi techniques. :) It's kind of touching that Hal finds it so hard to believe Wedge's readiness to accept that he's a Jedi. Of course he won't realise that Wedge is used to Jedi and their mysterious ways having been so close to Luke. Poor Hal - but it's kind of sweet. Hehhee thank you :)

While Corran worked on clearing his mind, a process which could theoretically take weeks
    :D

And to top it off, as though coming out of a daze, Hobbie asked me, "Did you just say Jedi Knight?"
    Ha - that is SO Hobbie. Great ending. :)
    Thank you!

Here is Chapter Four!

Chapter Four

It was late by the time I finished with Tycho, and I was more exhausted then I'd been in years. I left him in the care of Hobbie, who'd set up a cot in the room. Despite the fact that I had told him I was a Jedi Knight, he had little faith in that which he could not see, and I feared he would not leave his friend's side until he could be certain that he would be well. Regardless of the late hour, I headed toward Corran's cabin, wondering if he was still awake. I was surprised to hear my own voice coming through the door, and realized that he must have found the recording I'd made for him five years ago.

"I am making this recording for you, Corran, because there are things you should know. Being in Corsec can be dangerous and I don't want anything to happen to me that would prevent you from learning about our family. I hope and trust right now that we're sitting together watching this, laughing at how young I looked when I recorded it. If not, I want you to know I love you and have always been very proud of you."

Well, we weren't sitting together, and since it'd only been five years, I could hardly have looked that much younger. At least, though, I was still alive to tell him first before he saw it. Although that blaster wound in the cantina had nearly stopped that. It wasn't an experience I'd care to repeat. Yes, Corsec life was dangerous, but the life of a Jedi was even more so. Particularly in these troubled times.

From the room, my message continued.

This will sound like a wild tale, but it is all true. Your grandfather, Rostek Horn, is really your step grandfather. As you know, he partnered with a Jedi before the Clone Wars, and that Jedi died serving away from Corellia, right after the Clone Wars. That Jedi, Nejaa Halcyon, was my father. He served as my Master and Knighted me just before he went away, promising to hold the ceremony when he returned. I was all of twenty years old when he died, and Rostek Horn saw to it that my mother, my wife and I, wanted for nothing. My mother and Rostek fell in love and married, and Rostek claimed me as his own son. More importantly, when the Empire began to hunt down Jedi and their familie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.