main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I registered just to ask this!!!.........

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Mothman_, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mothman_

Mothman_ Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2005
    and since I cannot make a new thread on the Ep.3 forum to ask it and my searches havent yielded a similar question I though I would use this "Hello" to see what you think:

GL's script being "law" and all, I propose a what if scenario just for kicks and maybe , if this wasn't mentioned in the millions of posts already made it may get a chance to see life on the Ep.3!!! forum..

so here gos..

What was the Jedi's biggest mistake?

I propose that the biggest mistake made by the Jedi was this; when Anakin was requested to sit on the Council but yet was not granted "Master".

I agree with the suspicions by the council but why make Anakin suffer for it? had they shown that they could trust Anakin and made him a "Master" an equal!!!, Anakin would have been compelled to act in defense of the Council when he later faced Palpatine as he revealed his true name and nature as a Sith Lord. Had Anakin been "Master" Anakin when Palpatine reveled himself I think Anakin would have either threw down with him or immediatley called the Jedi to back him up. Also, what a slap in the face it was to be allowed to sit on the council yet denied "master" then be asked to spy for those very people...

btw, I am new here so, "Hi!"

2. SerpentGirl

SerpentGirl Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2005
    There's actually a mistake in your theory there. The reason Anakin wanted to keep Palpatine alive was because he wanted to learn the power of cheating death so he could 'save' Padme. So basicly, that probably wouldn't have made a difference if he were a master or not.

But anyways... Hello!

3. Mothman_

Mothman_ Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2005
    I realise this, what I m saying is is it possible that being a "Master" could have had enough weight to pull Anakin in another direction, it is the one thing he wanted almost as badly as wanting to save Padme and perhaps being a "master" would have belayed his fear of her dying, that as a "Master" he may be able to save her as he was not a "Master" and unable to save his mother. IMO.

4. SerpentGirl

May 29, 2005
    I pretty much don't think that would have changed anything. Anakin was probably more in love with Padme than with being a master... so I still think we would have the same outcome.

5. pucifur27

pucifur27 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2005
    Okay, okay. Stop the bickering.
    I'll end this now: Anakin was never a master.
    I really don't know if this "what if" thread is gonna work out . . . . . . . oh well.

On a lighter note:
    Welcome to the boards, Mothman!

6. SerpentGirl

May 29, 2005
    Bickering? Whoa... slow down there. lol If you got bickering from me, I didn't mean it to sound that way.

Lookie! I even got a smiley face to show it! :D

7. Darien_SabreHawkke

Darien_SabreHawkke Jedi Youngling star 3

May 29, 2005
    in the long run we can speculate till our little ears turn all sorts of pretty shades of blue, but umm it was all kinda predetermined a long long time ago =-)

8. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    The reason Anakin was so upset about not being a Master was that there were a large number of holocrons in the Jedi archives that only Masters were allowed to access. This was never stated in the movies, but it is in the novelization.

Had he been given his Mastership its still unclear if he would have found the answers he was looking for. It may very well have turned out that he wouldn't have and still served Sidious to get the power he needed.

I think the biggest mistake was not agreeing to help Anakin. Most of the Jedi had already suspected that Anakin was the father of Padme's children but it was aa sort of "don't ask, don't tell" policy. If they would have gotten it out in the open and been accepting of it, I think that would have done a lot to save him from the dark side.

9. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Maybe he would have changed his way if they would have given him some more responsible tasks, if he would have get the feeling that they trust him and his knowledges and belonging to them.

But who knows. ;)

Btw as you said this topic belongs more to the RotS board. Temporarely the option "post new topic" is turned on. Please take some time and go through the threads there first and if you can't find anything that fits to your question, you can wait until the option is turned on again or ask a Mod to post it for you. :)
    And reading the sticky there would be a good thing, too. :)

But nevertheless enjoy the discussion and your stay. :)

See you around. :)

10. Jedi_Kkruhk88

Jedi_Kkruhk88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2004
    in the long run we can speculate till our little ears turn all sorts of pretty shades of blue, but umm it was all kinda predetermined a long long time ago =-)

I agree

11. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Welcome to the boards Mothman_, have fun!

12. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    Welcome Mothman_.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.