main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I remember she was very beautiful but very sad...

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by ArianTeutonican, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArianTeutonican

ArianTeutonican Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    OK... So leia gets scooped out of Padme like a sweet ball of vanilla ice cream and then Padme goes "There's another Sky....wal.....ker" NO she just flat croaks.

Then eveybody gets whisked away to Tattoine and Alderan. In "Return of the Jedi" Luke says Hey Leia, What was Mom like? and she responds as if she knew her mother for a very brief time... this pisses me off.

So I guess Padme digs her way out of the Naboovian crypt and makes a pilgrimage to Alderan to explain to Leia why she is lily white and her adoptive Parents are a "bit on the Dark-side"

I am upset!

2. Thumperider

Thumperider Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2005
    We always thought that Luke and Leia's mother went with Leia to Alderaan, perhaps to die a short time later. I would have thought that G.L. would at least give the kids a chance to bond with mom before she kicked the bucket. That would have made her death and their subsequent separation all the more poinient. But what then? We just leave dear old Mom hanging in the breeze!? I am upset too!!!!!!!

3. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Personally? I'm of the opinion that the Organas never really explained to Leia that she was really adopted and that the woman she remembers was Bail's first wife. It would've been as risky for Leia to know as it was for Luke.

When Bail talks about how he and his wife always wanted a little girl, he looks kinda sad. I kinda went with that and assumed that his wife had either physical or mental problems that interfered with their having children.

4. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Or, little force sensitive kiddies in the womb could sense mom hiding in the shadows to meet their secret husband... [face_thinking] Just a thought.

5. ari_stormset

ari_stormset Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2005
    ...running along these same lines, did anyone notice that Leia could not have met "General Kenobi"?

If he went with Luke to Tatooine--and presumably stayed there to be a good little guardian--then how would she have memories of him, either?

She sent the original message in R2-D2 to him by name, if I remember correctly. Specifically, "Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope."

Peace~ Ari.

6. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    She also makes mention that he helped her father during the Clone Wars. I think it was more of trying to find a friend of her fathers with a notable reputation rather than her knowing Kenobi. I never took it to mean that she knew him or had memories of him, only that he had been aquainted with her father at one time.

7. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I agree, she may have been told stories of Kenobi from Bail and sought him out in their time of need... She describes her memories of her mother as mostly feelings, she was sad and hiding which Padme was and did.

8. Tay_Mreal

Tay_Mreal Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2005
    There are alot of unexplained occurrences between the 4-6 and 1-3. This all started out as one big story that GL split up becuase it was just way to long and of course with alterations and updates, things were bound to get 'lost'. That's what has made the SW name the juggarnaut that it is. The books, games, comics etc..fill in the gaps.

As far as Leia's remembering of her mother, she never mentioned that was 'adopted'. So I would just as less assume that she was under the impressions that she was a blood related organa. Obi-Wan was a general during the latter stages of the Clone Wars and he assisted Organa heavily during his escape from Coruscant. Even trusting him with a Skywalker child. Leia joined the rebellion probably becuase her 'father' did and subsequently learned of the Empire's roots and the clone wars (Luke mentioned them as well when he first met Ben so it was a far reaching war and 'legend'). It was probably then that she learned of 'General Kenobi'. Not realizing that it was he who brought her to safety. When she talked with Luke about her 'memories' of her mother, perhaps she was referring to Organa, not Padme...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.