main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I*RIDE*TROLLEY ~ Orlando (International Drive) Transportation

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala081499, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Hello Friends,

I thought this may help some of you with transportation to and from the OCC.

http://www.iridetrolley.com

Great passes and VERY affordable.

Fares and Passes:

Trolley Fares - How much Does it Cost?

Taking an I?RIDE Trolley is one of the most convenient and least expensive ways to explore the International Drive Resort Area.

Cash Fares

Single fare is $1.25
    Senior citizen (65 and over) fare is $0.25 per ride
    KIDS RIDE FREE (age 12 and under when accompanied by a paying adult)
    Exact change is required
    Drivers do not carry cash

Unlimited Rides Passes

If you think you'll be riding the I?RIDE Trolleys more than once or twice, it makes sense to consider an Unlimited Rides Pass. They're available as follows:

One Day Pass: $4.00 per person
    Three Day Pass: $6.00 per person
    Five Day Pass: $8.00 per person
    Seven Day Pass: $10.00 per person
    Fourteen Day Pass: $17.00 per person

Transfers are Free!
    Passes are consecutive day use.

Trolley transfers are FREE and a transfer coupon is not required if you have an Unlimited Ride Pass. With cash fare just ask your Trolley driver for a transfer coupon when you board the trolley.

Passes are available at over 100 locations within the International Drive Resort Area and from the I?RIDE sales office. Click here for a complete list of locations where you can purchase I?RIDE Trolley Unlimited Ride Passes. Passes not sold on Trolleys.

Discounts available on purchases of 100 passes or more. Advance purchase is required and discounts are only available through the I?RIDE sales office at info@IRideTrolley.com.

2. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    Wow, that is cheap. I almost considered not going because of the price of renting a car or even taking a taxi, but this really helps. Thanks!

3. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    You are very welcome!

I was doing alot of research ever since the announcement and came across a great deal of things. I will continue to list as I have the time....lol.

Huggles!

4. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    How well are they equiped for those with disabilities?

5. tomkluger

tomkluger Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2009
    I have used the I-Ride on numerous occasions whilst on holiday in Orlando and they are well equipped for those with disabilities. They have a lift for those in wheelchairs.

6. Robonino

Robonino Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2009
    I'll be using this bad boy; can't beat it.

7. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    This looks like the ideal way to get around town. I will definitely be purchasing my unlimited rides pass online when we get there.

If you check out Google Maps, you can actually see where the stops are in front of the convention center, both south bound and north bound.

The other option is the free shuttle provided by the convention. Here is the latest schedule on StarWarsCelebration.com. While this service is free, and the frequency appears to be 20 minutes just like the iRide Trolley, it doesn't run all day. Service times look to be 7:30am - 11:30am in the mornings, and then 5:00pm - 9:00pm in the evenings (4:00pm - 8:00pm on Sunday). You'll notice that there's a big gap there from 11:30 - 5:00 each day where it doesn't run, so if you need to leave in the middle of the day, you'll probably end up taking the trolley anyway.

8. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    I've posted this on other threads that I purchased the 7-day unlimited pass for $10.00.
    It appears to me that it will be the best way to travel up and down International Drive and Universal Blvd.
    Keep in mind that I bought the pass on-line. I'll show the driver my receipt, and he gives me the pass.
    Now someone from Florida can correct me but I believe that I read somewhere that the drivers don't/can't make change.

9. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Excellent! My hotel is on International Drive 4 miles away from the convention center. I was wondering if there was a stop somewhere by my hotel. Thanks!

10. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Awesome. I'll make sure to buy a seven day pass in the next few days.:)

11. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Is it cheeper to buy your pass online versus getting it at your hotel (if they sell it)?

I think I'm going to get the 5 day pass (Wednesday-Sunday I'll be there). I'll need it for the TF.N party. It looks like I can walk on a back road to get to the convention center from my hotel, but I'll figure that out when I get there on Wednesday.

12. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    I sent in for a free brochure of the International Drive Official Visitors Guide. It included the route for the I*Ride Trolley. It stated on the map: "Exact fare is required. Drivers do not carry cash."

I'm going to do what you do and prepay for my pass before I go on my trip. I have a very strong feeling that I will use the trolley more than the shuttle.

13. EnviousSerious-Rue

May 4, 2009
    Personally, I would contact the hotel before hand to see how much they charge for the I*Ride Trolley.
    Do you know for sure if your hotel sells the pass?

14. EnviousSerious-Rue

May 4, 2009
    Folks, this is how anal I am.
    I went to Google Maps and put in the address of OCCC.
    I moved the "little man icon/locator" over to International Drive for a virtual 360 look at the area. I cursored the arrow going North all the way to Wet N' Wild, looking from side to side at the stores, restaurants, hotels etc., simply to familiarize myself with the surroundings.
    This indeed worked for me![face_dancing]

15. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Did anyone find out the answer to this?

16. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    I'd say to call your hotel directly to find out. Some hotels might not offer it or have different prices.

17. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Bought myself a 5 day pass today. But then I saw this over on rebelscum:

http://www.rebelscum.com/prec5-events.asp

Free shuttle between OCCC and most hotels? Curious.

18. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    You didn't know about that? :-(

19. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    'fraid not. Only spent $8 on the i-ride though. At least I'll have options. :)

20. Jedifan256

Jedifan256 Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2010
    Well since both run about every 20 mins or so, it give you 2 options. The convention shuttle only runs in the morning and then later in the evening. I plan on buying an I-Ride pass too.

21. ksomm814

ksomm814 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    I bought a 5 day pass too just to give my sister an option if she wants to go back to the hotel when the shuttle isn't running.

22. EnviousSerious-Rue

May 4, 2009
    I like options.
    Have purchased unlimited pass. If the FREE shuttle services is too crowded, then, I use I*Ride Trolley.

23. Rogue501st

Rogue501st Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 9, 2010
    I was hoping this would be the answer to the limited times of the hotel shuttle service. The trolley runs 8:00am - 10:30pm. This doesn't help to get in line early on Saturday or to stay late to watch the movies (not attending any parties). It is good for returning to the hotel in the middle of the day when the shuttle isn't running or leaving the complex to grab lunch/dinner. So I guess I'll have to plan on driving my car from the hotel on the days I want to stay late. Kind of a bummer.

24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm just wondering how much I might need transportation. My hotel is within a mile of the convention center (as is, presumably, the location of the TFN party?) so I intend to just walk back and forth when needed.

And I'm not going to any Disney places while I'm there because I'll be joining some family at Disney after the convention on Monday.

Is there anything beyond a mile or two walk that I might need to plan for?

25. Rogue501st

Rogue501st Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 9, 2010
    Quest - If you are willing to walk a mile or two, then you shouldn't need to worry about the trolley. I'll have a 7-year-old with me, so walking to eat after standing and walking all day at the convention center isn't an option for me. Plus, it will be hot and humid. I've decided to go ahead and get a pass. It is cheap enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.