main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga I Saw a Rainbow Yesterday: songfic viggy ::PLEASE READ::

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by little_miss_jedi, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. little_miss_jedi

little_miss_jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2005
    Title: I Saw A Rainbow Yesterday
    Author: little_miss_jedi
    Genre: songfic
    Disclaimer: I own nothing. Characters to George Lucas and lyrics of this song, Waterfall, to Paulini. I know I have not used the entire song but it was just TOO LONG!

?I saw a rainbow yesterday,
    But too many storms have come and gone,
    Leaving a trace of not one God given ray.?

The girl sat at the edge of the cliff. It wasn?t a natural one and it wasn?t very tall, only ten foot. The waterfall sent water spilling into the small lake below. She remembered the days when she had waded into the middle of the lake and stood directly underneath the waterfall. The water spilling over her had washed her cares away...

The girl didn?t feel like getting wet today.

?You say my life is ten shades of grey,
    I pray that all ten fade away,
    Seldom praise him for the sunny days.?

Something was wrong. The girl looked up, her piercing green eyes betraying her fierce intelligence. Her hand flew instinctively to her belt, where a weapon rested. She smiled wryly at this. The Clone Wars did that to you, warrior or no warrior.

?And like his promise is true,
    Only my faith can undo,
    The many chances I blew,
    To bring my life to anew...?

She blinked, almost as if this would clear her clouded, distracted mind. Her hand dropped to her side again and her fingers closed around a smooth pebble.

You didn?t find anything so smooth and pure in this galaxy any more.

?Clear blue and unconditional skies,
    You dried the tears from my eyes,
    No more lonely cries.?

There it was again. That feeling of utter terror, of betrayal.

Then the evil that consumed everything.

Well, the girl thought resignedly. So much some quiet relaxation time. She stood up cautiously and nimbly made her way down the man-made cliff. Her hand rested on her weapon once again.

Others rushed past her as she made her way down the corridors. Some were her age, some younger, some older. She wondered what they were running from but when she asked nobody said anything.

Or if they did, she didn?t hear it. She crept forward, fear flooding through her. What could possibly make them run away like this, she wondered as she slipped into the main hall.

Had her mouth been open she would have screamed. Dozens of bodies littered the floors. Most were still young, barely ten.

Dead. All gone. Her eyes widened as she spotted a particular teenager lying a few metres away. She hurried over, recognising the youth.

There was no question the teenager was dead, his face was white, his hands were cold and the girl couldn?t find a pulse no matter how hard she searched. His own weapon remained in a loose grip. The girl smiled. He?d gone down fighting.

There was still a small smile on that boy?s lips.

Suddenly, the girl stiffened. There was someone behind her. She didn?t need to be psychic to know it was the being responsible for this mass murder.

Slowly she stood and turned around. She recognised the face. How could she have not? It had only been in the Holonet every day for the past three years.

Anakin Skywalker.

Skywalker?s blue blade was held high above his head. He hadn?t even broken a sweat.

The girl glanced out the window briefly. There was nothing to be seen except for the metallic grey skies and tall skyscrapers of Coruscant. Where was that rainbow she?d seen recently? It hadn?t been that long ago.

Then, the girl thought sadly as she met Skywalker?s gaze, maybe it wasn?t real.

So the girl ignited her own lightsaber and held the orange blade high above her head. She too would not go down without a fight, just like a Jedi should.

That rainbow...

?I saw a rainbow yesterday,
    But too many storms have come and gone,
    Leaving a trace of not one God given ray...?

Maybe she?d just dreamed it.

2. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    :_| :_| :_|

This was so beautifully written and tragic!

Loved the incorporation of the song, it was so touching and sadly appropriate..

Excellent viggy!

Where was that rainbow she?d seen recently? It hadn?t been that long ago.

Then, the girl thought sadly as she met Skywalker?s gaze, maybe it wasn?t real.

*sniff*

3. rb657062

rb657062 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    This is the best 'Jedi purge' viggy I've read yet. The girl and that beautiful poem and the rainbow... How sweet! and sad! :_| :_|

You should write more.

- Rachel

4. little_miss_jedi

Aug 6, 2005
    thanku so much for the kind words!

will try and write more. :)

5. JediMindTrick000

JediMindTrick000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2004
    Wow, that was awesome! You are a fantastic writer little miss jedi! I'm not sure if I know that song or not, but it didn't matter. It all tied together beautifully. Well done!

6. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Wow! This was really, really good! There were enough lyrics to add to the story, without overwhelming it or taking it over.

The last line was perfect - very haunting.

=D=

7. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    You have done a remarkable job with this. The imagery was fantastic.

I look forward to more of your work! :)

8. little_miss_jedi

Aug 6, 2005
    jedimindtrick, you probably wont have recognised the song because a) I only used about a third of it and b) because it isn't a really great song, one of the extras on an album and I just like the lyrics.

thankyou once again for reading and i hope I don't disappoint.

-flick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.