main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

" I see dead people." The Sixth Sense Disscusion thread.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by black_saber, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    What was the Far most Creepist scene of all?

Mine would be when the dead lady was at Cole Kitchen screaming.

The other would be a dead little girl was throwing up Posion.

That movie made me :eek: and it made me feel :(

2. darkcide

darkcide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    I liked the birthday party scene with the closet,"I didn't steal the master's horse!"

3. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I liked the movie,but it isnt as great or scary as people boast.Shaylam's Signs is way better than his Sixth Sense

4. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Disagree with you. I did not even like The village.

5. darkcide

Jun 17, 2003
    I like all of Night's films,but Sixth Sense is still the best IMO.

6. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Not a good horror film, but a very good suspense film. I remember I freaked out a little bit when they showed the kid who said he found his dad's gun.

I will admit that Haley Joel Osment puts on the best performance ever by a kid.

7. darkcide

Jun 17, 2003
    There is one thing about this movie I never figured out. Did the kid know the doctor was a ghost?

8. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I also thought the scene of a naked man in his Underwear at Dr. Malcoms house was creepy. That naked guy also saw dead people and faced Similar issues like Cole did.

9. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    Yeah, I think so

10. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    this is a really cool movie and it took me forever to see it (couple months ago). although, i did guess the twist at the end. i think the creepiest part was probably the little girl throwing up the poison, but the one w/ the woman yelling in the kitchen was good too.

11. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Yes, Cole knew he was a ghost, he sort of tried to hint to the Dr. that he was dead too.

12. JODA_YASKIEWICZ

JODA_YASKIEWICZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2005
    any of the scenes that had children in them were creepy. however i felt this movie wasn't all that creepy and very predictable. and the kid definitely knew the doctor was dead....it just took the doctor forever to figure it out.

13. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    What about the scene were the Dr. awaits for Cole at his living room. Cole's mom said that someone was waiting for him, right?

14. darkcide

Jun 17, 2003
    No. She never said that. When Cole came home she was just sitting there across from Malcolm like they were both waiting for Cole to come home,but she was really alone.

15. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Oh, I see now. I assumed she could see the Dr. and that she knew he was waiting for Cole. It's been long since the last time I watched it, next time I'll pay more attention to that scene.

16. Lurking_Around

Lurking_Around Jedi Knight star 6

May 26, 2002
    I like this movie, but I'm probably one of the few (if not the only one) who enjoyed 'Unbreakable' more than any other M Night movie. *shrug*

The kid was great though, and the twist was awesome.

17. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    I personally thought M. Night Shyamalan should have gone with the alternative ending. Even though he wanted it to end happier, I was very moved by that speech that Willis gives on the wedding tape. A perfect example of Willis' acting abilities, and Shyamalan's genius as a writer.

EDIT:

I like this movie, but I'm probably one of the few (if not the only one) who enjoyed 'Unbreakable' more than any other M Night movie. *shrug*

I agree actually. I love "Unbreakable." It's just so unique. "The Sixth Sense" was incredible when it came out. One of the only "Oh my God" twists I've seen. Right up there with Vader's revelation in "The Empire Strikes Back." Unfortunately, "The Sixth Sense" got ripped off with a string of PG-13, ghost-related horror movies ("The Others" comes to mind) the next year. "Unbreakable" still feels unique in it's mood and story.

Still, my favorite ending is "Signs." While it's not a twist or a revelation in the same sense as "The Sixth Sense" or "Unbreakable", everything does happen in that last five minutes. And I think it was the most moving ending.

18. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    I remember seeing this film with my mom after school. I like all of M Night's films. I really can't think of one that I like more, because I think they are all great. I really liked The Village and didn't understand why so many hated it.

19. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    Like Unbreakable, I think the Village will be looked more highly upon as time goes by.

20. Lurking_Around

Lurking_Around Jedi Knight star 6

May 26, 2002
    'The Village' was OK, but after 'Unbreakable' it's so hard for me not to make the inevitable comparison (same with 'Signs', though I enjoyed 'The Village' more). My love for 'Unbreakable' is such that it's even in my top ten list of movies (probably #6 or #7). I do feel that 'Sixth Sense' is better than 'The Village'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.