main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL I see some dreamers here!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by IndigoAG, Jan 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IndigoAG

IndigoAG Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2002
    It's about time I got on this board! I have been viewing these post over the shoulder of my business partner and I have seen a lot of interesting activity the last few days.

I am very enticed by the spreading word of banding together as artists to make something better than the sum of the individuals. This is most exciting to me, particularly, because it has been what I have dreamed of doing for quite some time. I have been working independently as a visual artist in hopes that the vision of george lucas's first post company (ILM) would show it's face on the east coast.

About five years ago I began my journey, and created a Production company called Indigo Productions. I don't know why, but the color indigo always intriged me, and is a often forgotten color of the visual spectrum. I discovered that there were other companies doing other type of production work with that name. So hence, I had to come up with a new name.

I was seeing a lot of other companies forming around me, all based on peoples names, the John Q. Doe Productions, or Billy Bob Multimedia. These all displeased me, because I saw that these people were thinking that they are the most important thing. But I have always believed in teamwork, so I formed the Indigo Artist Guild.
    This is not a company per say, because the ownership is in all members who wish to work together. This membership roster may change over time, because anyone is free to join or leave as they choose.
    Together, my partner and I have gone through a lot in our learning experiences, and we would like to share and grow with as many people as possible. I believe that ther eis enough talent in the Orlando area to warrent such a unity, to avoid having to go to hollywood to find work. I believe the independent market is not the only thing Orlando has to offer.

How many dreamers are there here?

2. Rogue428

Rogue428 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2001
    Well...I'm a Lovecraft fan...so dreamer can be kind of a dirty word. :)

But if you mean dreamer in the non-threatening-to-take-over-the-world type. Sure you can count me.

Sounds like you have a lot of experience. Welcome!

3. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    How is it that world domination always comes up?

4. IndigoAG

IndigoAG Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2002
    I am sorry my message was interpreted as such. I only stated my dreams of collaboration. I am not asking for everybody to join me and my company. I have no problem joining somebody else group. I just want to be a part of a large group of collaborative artist. My company name or someone elses, it doesn't matter. It's the people that matter.

5. COPAZIE

COPAZIE Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2000
    Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain... IndigoAG is my roomate. Together we founded the Indigo Artist Guild. He's a great editor, and compositor. I've seen the kind of work he can do...

... unfortunatley, he's not likely to pick up on alot of the cultural references made in these posts. He thought you guys, actually misinterpreted his message. I knew instantly that you were just messing with him.

As a result, I have been appointed as the Sci-Fi liason for the Guild. So essentially I'll be translating Sci-Fi to English, English to Sci-Fi... maybe a little Wookie...

6. Lumwyrm

Lumwyrm Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    RrroooooowwwwaaarrrRRRoooooooaaaawwwwarrr! Rrrooo Waaaarrrh!

7. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    I only dream big...just ask those that know me

8. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    I don't dream.
    I plot, plan, forage, stage, build then choose to execute.
    As for everyone else of course we are dreamers. Why would this be our raging passion if this wasn't?
    Welcome to the neighborhood.
    Show up for the meeting in Feb to strut your stuff. We are having a Fan Film Festival.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.