main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Stand Alone -- a VERY short story inside of Obi-Wan's mind shortly after events of Episode III

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Ben_Max, Feb 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Max

Ben_Max Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2001
    This is a story that I'm still working on. What I want to come out of this story is something that's kind of dark and a little depressing. Obi-Wan taking responsibility for what's happened. I want to make sure that it doesn't come across that Obi-Wan is wallowing in self-pity. If that's coming across too much, I'd like to know. So, here it is:

No matter what I do?

I turn my head to the right?I turn my head to the left?I close my eyes?I still see their faces. Forever burned into my mind.

Anakin?How you must?ve hated me, when I separated you from Amidala. At the time I believed that it wasn?t my fault. It wasn?t my code, and I couldn?t understand why you didn?t see that. I?ve grown to realize that I was in the wrong about that one. And it wasn?t my first mistake in life.

The look of pain in your eyes as I cut off your hand when you forced me into battle. The look of fear and anger as you locked eyes with me as you fell into the molten pit. The lust for vengeance as you crawled inch by inch out of the pit with a dark cindered body and the heart to go with it. Determined to destroy me the next you meet your old master.

Amidala?The look of great pain in your eyes after the duel with Anakin when I walked up to you and handed you Anakin?s lightsaber. I didn?t have to say anything. You just knew. Anakin Skywalker was gone. You looked like you were going to faint when you grabbed hold of me and clung to my chest. I wished that I was as wise as Master Yoda and could say something inspiring to help. I wished that I could have been more of an emotional man for you. But I couldn?t. I did all that I could. Just held you.

I was with you when you were in labor. I was there to deliver your children for you. I?ll never forget what you told me as you held a child in each of your arms. ?If Anakin could help create something this perfect, then there had to be some good left in him.? I wish I could believe that.

Yoda?I should have listened to you, Master Yoda. You told me that you sensed that there would be danger during his training. I don't know what it was that prevented me from seeing the dark side growing inside him.

Qui-Gon?I failed you, Qui-Gon. You trusted me to train the boy and I couldn?t do it. I failed to do something that you and Yoda had both been able to do for me. I failed you and I failed the entire Jedi Order.

Leia?I was there when you were born. I held you in my arms and saw the same strength and power in your eyes that I saw in Amidala?s. I remember the sad look you had in your eyes as I picked up Luke to take him away. The quiet sob, as you tried to cling to your brother?s arm. Somehow, you knew he wouldn?t be coming back. The Force was very strong with you.

Luke?When I held you and you looked up at me, somehow you knew that I wasn?t your father. There was a look in your eyes that so innocently asked me, ?Where?s my father?? As I tried to carry you away to your new home, and Leia began to cry, you just looked at her and almost immediately, she stopped crying. You two could communicate before you could even talk. Your eyes told her that this had to be done and that one day, they would reunite again. You really were the son of ?the Chosen One.?

All the pain that has been thrust upon the galaxy. The extinction of the Jedi Order and the children at the Temple...destroyed for wanting to grow in ways that made them special from others. It's all because of me.

If only I had been a better teacher to Anakin.

If only I had better taught him the consequences of the dark side.

If only I hadn't been so sure that I could do as fine a job training Anakin as Yoda and Qui-Gon had done with me.

But all the ?If only?s? in the galaxy won?t change a thing. It's all too late for that now. Master Yoda and I?the last of the Jedi?have only one option left. Isolation. To ride for twenty years the line between survival and extinction in hopes that Vader and his Master can be destroyed by the only ones who will have the power. His children.

In this new

2. Princess_Tranquility

Princess_Tranquility Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2002
    Very nice I liked it! So basic, so truthful. You didn't cut corners got straight to his feelings, like you said in the title. It was well written and I hope to see more work from you. Keep it up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.