main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST I still don't think the leaked synopsis is 100% legit

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Corvus, Oct 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Or at least it is missing huge chunks of info.

Let's nitpick the "'official synopsis" found right here on this board.

Exterior Night-Space/Savannah A lightsaber tumbles through space, crashes towards the ground.

By Savannah I assume you mean a desert. Jakku doesn't seem to have any plants.

• Finn walks alone and puts on some Poe’s clothes.
    Errr okay. So Finn can't get Poe out of the wreckage, but can totally strip him and steal his clothes. And Poe is not in his Pilot suit apparently. Also Finn and Rey don't come back to get him out. When we saw Finn after the crash still in stormie armor an imperial probe was already nearby. How the hell did the imperials not find the unconscious and butt naked Poe? How did he get rescued exactly? And why is a member of the new big three offscreen for like half of the movie?
    • After they escape BB-8 reveals what he’s carrying and they go to meet Maz Kanata on Takodana, the green planet.
    Now my problem is that all the synopsises imply that the green planet is the same one as the one with the rebel base. Maybe even the one Luke is hiding at. This can't be true as the Rebel (resistance, okay) base is on Yavin IV by the looks of it. Plus the First Order can totally shoot at Takodana all the way from Starkiller base. Why not shoot the resistance base if its on the same planet? Doesn't make any sense.
    • Finn and Leia meet. She wants to know everything he knows about The First Order. We are then introduced to See-Threepio and Artoo-Detoo.
    Ehmm, we totally saw them in scenes before this one. R2 in a flashback and 3PO when Han and Leia reunite.
    • The Resistance cannot decipher the puzzle to find Luke Skywalker, everyone overlooks the droids as potential puzzle solvers.
    What puzzle? I'm pretty sure it's not in the lightsaber as Luke totally lost it at the end of TESB. Also this is the first time any sort of puzzle is mentioned.
    • We see how the Starkiller weapon fires.
    Is this when we finall see it destroying solar systems? It has a gun that is big enough to use death stars as bullets. It needs to, ya know kill a star.
    • General Hux, down at the Starkiller control room, calls for the Array to be activated.
    Wait, another superweapon? Isn't one enough?
    • 340 EXT NIGHT EVIL CASTLE – PARADE GROUND (SNOW) General Hux watches in horror as the Parade Ground falls away.
    Okay, so the base is exploding. Judging by the visual we got of it on the poster, the planet should be cracking in half just about now. With Finn, Rey and Chewie still on the surface. Okaaaaaay. So how fast is the planet falling appart? How long is there air to breath?
    • C-3PO, R2-D2, and BB-8 take the lightsaber to the map room. There they use it to solve the puzzle.
    Okay, so the puzzle and the saber are indeed two separate things. Who made the puzzle? Where did it come from? Why can the lightsaber solve it if it wasn't in Luke's posession when he disappeared?
    • It’s Luke Skywalker.
    • The End.
    Ah yes, here it is. The alleged 30 second of Luke Skywalker. Let's assume that the Flashbacks don't count and this is supposed to be 30 seconds long. Unfortunately his voiceover for the second teaser would almost completely fill that 30 seconds. I think this 30 seconds might be closer to two or three minutes. Granted that's still not very long, but sounds better already.
    Most of this is really just nitpicking, but the whole puzzle thing, Poe's story, the number of planets and the ammount of Luke in the film is very suspicious.

Wildcatbarry and lovelikewinter like this.
  2. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
  3. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    The locked synopsis more like

4. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    So much 'nope' in the OP, not to mention it has all been discussed elsewhere.

5. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    A lot of people do not believe the rumored synopsis. Mainly fans who dislike something about the plot. Luke´s cameo, Rey´s parentage...

TurboPGT likes this.
  6. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    In B 4 LOCK [face_dancing]

7. Solo-Skywalker

Solo-Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2014
    lock in 3...2..1

Darth_Bertie likes this.
  8. TurboPGT

TurboPGT Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 15, 2015

This. I choose not to believe the synopsis, because I don't like it. It is probably accurate though.

9. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    This has all been discussed elsewhere. Please post in the relevant thread instead of making a brand new one each time you have a thought. Join the existing discussions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.