main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I still have trouble seeing Anakin become what he will.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by BobaFrank, Jun 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yesenia

Yesenia Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2003
    I think that person has been reading into it a little too much, as it seems rather fruitless to make Tarkin think he is in charge.

2. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    I just upped my older thread on a very similar topic.

3. George15

George15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 4, 2002
    "I know we've seen Anakin kill the Tuskens but in some way I felt he was justified."

Of course it was justified,but ruthlessly killing all the women and children is so heinous and deplorable that it goes beyond the realm of justification and enters the realm of being superfluous killings.That's what makes his acts so wicked,that he takes her death out on parties who had no part to play in his mother's death.

"I don't know, I was just wondering when you all see DV in his evilness is it hard for you to imagine its really Anakin under there?"

Actually I(like obi)consider Anakin dead psychologically.His vader side(hate anger agression fear)has totally consumed him.So until ROTJ Anakin is just a prisoner of his own mind,until he overcomes his evil side and takes control,thus reestablishing himself as the dominating force.

4. DellowFelegate

DellowFelegate Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    I think everyone on this thread should reread rpeugh's post on page 1; I feel it neatly sums up the issue. I believe George wanted his trilogies to mirror one another in many ways. It is therefore entirely appropriate that Vader appears in Anakin (PT)at the same rate, and to the same degree, that Anakin reappears in Vader (OT).

I like George's decision to have Anakin fall from a fully virtuous state rather than being born a 'bad seed'. It drives home a central point of the saga--that our virtue or iniquity results from our choices.

5. qui-gon-kim

qui-gon-kim Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    Throughout the new trilogy Anakin listens to no one, is very headstrong and isn't much into the lore of the force. However, throughout the original trilogy Vader is constantly obeying the commands of others, (ie Tarkin and Palpatine). Is this to be completely explained as being a slave to the dark side?

Um, did you happen to forget that Anakin was Watto's slave in TPM? I'd say that explains Vader's subserviance in the OT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.