main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends I, Tahiri Veila (post-FOTJ, Tahiri, Ben/Vestara, Antilles & Horn siblings) Chapter 15 11/9

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by rebel_cheese, Jul 21, 2011.

1. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    I've been here since before I started college. Man it's been a long time. I hope you stay in the mood to read this story though! :D

Is the horrible death coming? [face_mischief]

We'll soon see. Maybe the horrible death isn't who you think. [face_devil]

Post in just a few minutes.

2. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    Seven

I charge past Ben and Vestara, and I slice another Mandalorian warrior in half just for emphasis. They do train their blasters on me, and, running as fast as I possibly could, charged down the exterior hallway, and four or five begin pursuing me. That's four or five the others won't have to deal with.

They're fast. They've turned on their jetpacks and are faster than even an ex-Jedi who is using the Force to augment her speed. Granted, it might be that I'm out of practice or that my legs are this close to becoming jelly, but I don't remember Mandalorians moving this fast before.

I jump on the wall, and quickly position myself before gravity can take over. I leap and rush the first Mandalorian in the air and cut her down, right through the head, taking some of her shoulders out as well.

I land and my legs buckle out from under me. Yeah, they're done. I somersault and scramble to my feet, only to get kicked in the rear and sent flying into the wall I had just leapt off of. My lightsaber falls from my hands and falls onto the ground.

A red-armored Mandalorian is responsible for this. He spins me around and puts his blaster to my chin, and his left food stomps on my lightsaber. "Any last words?"

I hear a girl's voice to the right, with a slight Adumari lilt. "Leave her alone!"

I look, and a Mandalorian cries out as he eats a deflected blaster bolt directly to his exposed skull. Another Mando, clearly a woman dressed in a gray/yellow armor blend, simply fires a trapping mechanism, and Aster is suddenly tied up by a rope top to bottom. She foolishly tries to move, and falls flat on her face.

Before the female Mando can enjoy her triumph, I hear a hissing noise from above, and here comes Murasov. The female Mando just does the same thing, except Murasov is in mid-air, so Murasov winds up hitting the ground hard. Murasov slides into Aster and both roll several feet before winding up a tangled mess.

They were only able to take out one Mando between the two of them, and could've been killed if the female Mando wasn't so clearly holding back. But they've given me one thing.

A distraction. Just a little, the red-armored Mando has taken his attention off of me to watch the female Mando kick Aster and Murasov in the proverbial exhaust port. And his left foot doesn't have as good of a grip on my lightsaber as he thinks.

I draw on the Force, and the lightsaber shoots out from under his foot. He cries out as he stumbles, and the lightsaber comes into my right hand.

"I'm not letting you have any last words."

Snap-hiss.

I've stabbed him right through the heart. His scream is muffled by his air supply being totally cut off, as well as blood rushing into his throat and spewing the inside of the helmet. Even with the darkened visor, I can see liquid hitting the inside, giving the visor different shades of black.

The female Mando spins around. "Ghes! No!" she shrieks.

There's only two Mandos left, a male in a burgandy color and the woman. The male suddenly throws his rifle away and draws knives. "Mirta, you need to move, now!" the male yells.

Mirta? Wait, the woman is Mirta? Mirta Gev, the one who threatened us when we were stuck in the office building?

Too late to think about that. The male Mandalorian is the biggest idiot I've ever see. Does he have any chance at all by rushing me with knives? It'll take all of two seconds for me to cut him down.

But then Mirta moves as well, and then I realize the plan.

The male's sacrificing himself. I stab him, and then Mirta kills me one way or another. But if I keep my attention on Mirta and concentrate on her, the male Mando is going to stab me right through the back.

It's a no-win situation.

I have no choice. I have to take the bait, and hope I can react to Mirta's attack in time, she looks like she's going to be rushing me too, she's thrown away her rifle and drawn knives as well. Maybe I can cut them both down.

I step towards the male Mando as he enters my range, and step aside just enough for his knive

3. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    So... Tahiri has the Empire, Sith and Mandalorians out for her blood. *Grabs Tahiri and tosses her into the protective custody of Benjamin Sisko on Deep Space Nine*. There. No one will try anything. :p

Great post, there. Very nice bit with Mirta, there. Somewhat... scary, actually. Good plan by Tahiri. Well, good start of a plan.

4. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    *hands Gul Dukat's phone number to Mirta* Well... almost no one. :p

Well, heading to the Temple is a start, I suppose, but there is the whole fact that it's a rather public place and the Empire is likely to find out she's there before too long. I think Tahiri might want to move along quickly.

5. bender42

bender42 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2010
    I like how she fights the Mandalorians (Who want to kill her) to save the head of the Empire (which now wants to kill her) Jag Fel is an ungrateful brat.

6. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    Yeah, things don't look so good for Tahiri right now. :p And, fittingly, a lot of this Tahiri brought on herself, though the Mandalorians are by pure circumstance, how was she supposed to know who Mirta's husband was?

Mirta will not stop until Tahiri is dead, that much is certain. The moment the Mandalorians are free, the hunt will begin. Now whether Boba Fett will feel like it is another story, but Mirta definitely will. And she has the capability to kill Tahiri. Tahiri is going to need an epic plan or a lot of lucky breaks to get out of this one. :p

I wish I could get the Deep Space Nine reference. But I'm not much of a Trekkie. Probably explains a lot . . .

Yeah . . . Mirta could probably kill any Jedi not named Luke Skywalker or Kyle Katarn given the right circumstances.

Oh yeah, Tahiri is in trouble. It's not just the Temple, all of Coruscant is rather public (well, the parts that aren't Vongbrush). The Empire will definitely pick up on Tahiri's presence. The question is how far ahead Tahiri can stay ahead of them while she tries to get past the Sith and Mando problems.

Are you so sure that Jag Fel is the brat here? [face_mischief] Some characters probably feel a lot differently about that . . .

Thanks for reading, everybody!

The update on September 5th will not be a chapter, but rather a brief change of perspective that throws an interesting wrinkle into things and hints at what will develop for Tahiri next. Chapter 8 will be September 12th.

7. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    great updates :D

Tahiri seems to be in a lot of trouble :p ;) she was pretty busy to alienate everyone around her, nobody seems really happy to have her around or so it seems [face_thinking] 8-}

the chat with GM Skywalker might be interesting

8. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    Yeah, Tahiri's nothing but a troublemaker. :p A lot of it she brought on herself (which she has acknowledged) but the Sith being after her hasn't gone into detail yet and the Mando thing is by accident, just Tahiri fighting to survive and killing the wrong Mando. But when you're already wanted dead by a serious faction (Imperials), getting more enemies on your plate just makes things more difficult.

The chat will be interesting, I can guarantee that much. [face_mischief]

Chapter Eight is next week! Until then, enjoy the first interlude. :)

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Interlude 1

Her master was not happy.

"So, you failed in your mission, Scylla. And here I promoted you because you claimed you were competent, and yet you have proven twice that all you are good for is taking casualties."

"I'm sorry, my master," Scylla replied. In truth, she was angry, with both herself and at her master. Darth Thanatos didn't understand what Scylla was going through. Thanatos never emerged into the field. She was content to stay . . . wherever she was. Thanatos enjoyed hiding as much as the old Darth Plagueis.

Thanatos sighed. "Though, in hindsight, the second attempt can be attributed to bad luck. I will not punish you for chance."

"Thank you, my master."

How it pained Scylla to kiss up to Thanatos day in and day out. She felt like a slave licking her master's boots. But without Thanatos, Scylla would have no purpose, no identity. Thanatos, who emerged seemingly from the blue after the destruction of the Lost Tribe, was giving all of these wayward, confused Sith a purpose again. A reason to live. And most importantly, plenty of targets to bring vengeance down upon.

Thanatos was clearly a humanoid, but she wore a hood and a mask to obscure her features. There was no way to tell what species Thanatos was.

One thing for sure, though was that Thanatos was a Sith as advertised. Scylla had seen Thanatos in person only once, and that one time, Thanatos had easily cut down the three Sith who dared to question her legitimacy. Tore through them all in thirty seconds. The woman had serious skill, and that was to be respected.

Still, Thanatos was a mystery. The voice she used could be a fake one, it seemed unnaturally husky and broken. And she let no one see even a glimpse of her skin, eyes, or hair. What was she so afraid about?

No matter. Scylla had a feeling she'd find out soon. She had her eyes on Thanatos' job. She just needed to get better first so she could not only stand a chance, but overwhelm the Sith.

Thanatos, after a moment of silence, begins to speak. "The Veila woman is but a minor annoyance, Scylla. I am giving to you Greipnir and Chiral and their teams. The three of you are going to plan a coordinated strike on the Coruscant system."

"Coruscant?" Scylla asks.

"There is an even more important target than the Veila woman. One who can change the dynamic between Jedi and Sith. This target . . . must be eliminated at all costs. All other objectives and targets are secondary compared to this one target."

"Who is this target?"

Thanatos told Scylla so.

And then Scylla broke out into a wide smile. This would be simple. And easy. A mercy kill upon an unlucky soul whose destiny ran too contrarian to the plans of the Sith.

She would do what Thanatos desired. This way, Scylla would prove herself, once and for all, and perhaps serve at Thanatos' side.

Serve . . . until it was time to wrest control.

Treachery was the way of the Sith, after all.

"It will be done, my master," Scylla said, and she disconnected the visual.

It was time to ensure an endless Sith dynasty to be remembered for the eons to follow.

And it would all

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Hmm... Allana? Methinks it's her.

Nice little snippet. Is Thanatos an OC or Krayt?

10. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    Yet again, I'm agreeing with Striker: Allana's going to be the target. I was tempted to name Ben, but he's practically a full Knight now and thus a bit far from being a mercy kill.

11. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    No comment on Allana. Take that for what you will.

Thanatos is described as female in the snippet. Unless Krayt has something for sex-change operations I don't think Krayt's the bad guy here. :p

So yeah, Thanatos is an OC . . . or is she? [face_mischief]

Okay, I'll admit it. The target is Allana. It's pretty obvious, Allana's even in my DP. :p

Ben WOULD be a tough kill, especially after his demonstrations of ability earlier in the fic. Plus the Sith have no way of knowing that Ben's going to head back to Coruscant. Well, unless Thanatos is omnipotent, but not even the Emperor was capable of that, so it wouldn't be Ben anyway.

The main plot of the story is beginning. Starting September 12th, Arelia will be in the rearview mirror, and Tahiri will have to face the consequences of her actions on Coruscant itself.

12. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    I have altered the DP to accommodate the new revelation that Myri is a member of Wraith Squadron. Thankfully, this happens just as I was about to begin writing Myri's part of the story, and believe it or not the change is mostly cosmetic: Myri was going to be a badass either way.

But I'll look to give Face Loran a cameo if I can fit it in. :D

13. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004

That was really interesting ...
    and this Darth Thanatos seems really dangerous but this has to be really proven yet (on page ;) )

14. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    Oh, she IS dangerous, just in ways you don't expect. [face_mischief]

Thanks for reading!

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Eight

I haven't been on the Jade Shadow for a long time. Seeing it stretched out before me brought a strong, sentimental feeling that makes my chest ache and tears appear in my eyes. What a beautiful ship. What battles it has fought and survived. And what people have flown her time and time again.

"You like it?" Ben asks me.

I smile at him. "Yeah. I love it."

Vestara sighs as she walks up to the entrance. "To me, a ship's a ship. Other than Ship."

"Huh?" I have no idea of what Vestara is talking about.

"Sentient Sith ship encased in the dark side that happened to be called 'Ship'," Ben replies. "Long story."

This sounds so ridiculous to me, but considering this galaxy, anything is possible.

"Yeah, and I had to blow Ship up," Vestara says. "I liked the stupid thing. But Ship serves whoever is strongest on the dark side. And Ship did what Ship is supposed to do."

Now it's Valin's turn to be befuddled. "What the heck are you talking about?"

Vestara just sighs. "Come on, get your sister onboard. We need to get out of here before Tahiri's blood feud begins haunting her."

Valin groans. "Tahiri, what did you do now?"

I try so hard to stop it, but I can't resist a sheepish, innocent grin that is totally inappropriate. "I really made Boba Fett's granddaughter mad."

"That it?" Valin actually breathes a sigh of relief. "I thought you made the Sith mad, not Boba Fett and his people. Boba Fett we can handle."

Ben can't mask his surprise. "You really think so?"

"As long as they don't ambush us, yeah, sure," Valin says. "But what they did to Jys shows what happens if they catch us off guard. We can't underestimate them. They can kill us."

"You think?" Jysella moans from her stretcher, currently being supported by two exhausted Jedi apprentices by the names of Aster Nightflare and Mursov Suhara. l had learned their last names from Valin on the way here.

"This sucks," Aster groans.

"Drop my sister and it's refresher duty for life," Valin warns.

"Please don't threaten me, Master Horn."

"I'm not your Master, I'm just a temp!"

"But I want you to be my Master."

"You have any idea of how wrong that sounds coming from your mouth?" Valin groans.

"I do, I do! Pick me!" Vestara says, doing her best little kid impression and jumping up and down like one.

"I already know what you think," Valin says in total exasperation. "And I never want to hear that voice again."

Vestara puts on a pouting face that I assume is a joke. "What? I could make a good voice actress for a holotoon. Admit it!"

"It's freaky hearing a little kid voice coming from your mouth," Valin says, raising an eyebrow.

"You're just denying your true feelings for the underaged," Vestara says haughtily.

Mercifully, Jysella speaks up from the stretcher. "I swear to the Force that I'm going to go dark side on all of you if I don't get inside the Jade Shadow this instant."

Aster lets out a "Meep!" and begins charging forward.

Her Barabel friend, Mursov, is caught off guard and can barely keep up. "Aster, wait! Thiz one iz not ready! Pleaze!"

"I don't want to see Jys go dark side! She's scary enough already!" Aster pleads as they both vanish inside the Shadow.

After that amusing spectacle, it's a complete mood whiplash to suddenly see Valin get right in front of Vestara's face, and he's furious.

"You make a joke like that again, and I swear I'm going to get you thrown from the Order," Valin growls. "You are not as funny as you think you are. Remember that."

Vestara raises her hands in frustration. "I get it. I'll watch my mouth, okay? Sorry."

Valin just looks away from her. "I shouldn't even be bothering with this."

15. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    it wouldn't be the Jade Shadow would trouble not follow :p ;)
    will they ever arrive at their destination :p

great update

16. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Ooh, Vestara... You write her as someone I occasionally don't wanna smack upside the head with the Sunday edition of the New York Times, which is probably the best it'll get for me. :p And so Tahiri has an epiphany. A good one, too. As for Mirta... I hope she gets ganked. ;)

17. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    It's Star Wars law for the Jade Shadow to encounter trouble no matter where it goes.

Yes, they will make it to their destination. Next chapter.

Glad you liked it!

I'll take that as a compliment. XD However, Vestara will be leaving for a while so hopefully she won't drive you or anyone else insane for much longer. XD

Tahiri's epiphany hasn't arrived yet. She's merely come up with a plan. Epiphanies will happen later. [face_mischief]

We will soon see about Mirta, won't we? [face_devil]

Chapter Nine will be posted on Monday as usual.

18. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    Nine

I never expected to see Coruscant's endless waves of buildings and lights again. When I got off this planet, I was done, or so I thought. I was going to serve Jagged Fel and the Imperials in an effort to atone for what I had done, and face my inevitable death sentence like a responsible adult.

I've given some thought as to how I want my death to be handled, even though I've never written a will. But I want to be cremated, and my ashes scattered over the Jedi academy that they've constructed in the Hapes Cluster on Shedu Maad.

That's where they have the memorial to Anakin Solo, of course, but I've seen that academy. Of course, that's because I almost blew it up and Ben talked me out of it, but that's another story. It's becoming beautiful. So connected with life.

I want my ashes to help the life there continue to grow. And, in some odd way, I can live on in the foliage that surrounded the Academy, and be connected to Anakin's spirit somehow.

It'll also connect me to that academy forever, as forgiveness for nearly ending so many lives at once. A lot of children, and a lot of Masters.

But now I actually have to dictate this in a will. And who will bother reading it, much less enact it? It's much more likely that my body will be tossed down a garbage chute somewhere and crushed, like the rest of the scum of the galaxy. That's what I am now. I'm just something that needs to be scrubbed away.

And that's pathetic. I was better off taking the fair trial and dying. But we were go again, back to the fear . . .

Somehow, my will to live is just that strong.

We hove over the landing pad, and the Jade Shadow sets down comfortably in one of the spots, without squishing some unlucky rodder. Ben turns and smiles at me. "See? I'm a good pilot."

"Just wait until your father finds a dent somewhere," Vestara sayd.

Ben groans. "None of those impacts were strong enough to create one."

I hear Syal Antilles on the com. "All right, you guys good?"

Ben, grateful that this particular conversation was postponed, grabbed the com. "Yes we are. Thank you very much, Rogue Leader."

"No problem. Good job on Arelia. Until we meet again. Over and out."

"Yeah, over and out," Ben says.

He hits the landing ramp button, and leans back in his chair. "Vestara and I need to meet with my father. Do you want to come along or wait for a minute?"

I should probably go with and get it over with, but the problem is that I still haven't come up with anything to say to the Grand Master. Especially if Luke isn't pleased to see me at all, though I guess that would make my decision up really fast.

But I need more time. "You guys go ahead first. I just want to take a look around. Nostalgia."

Ben nods. "I get it. Well, Vestara, let's go."

Vestara sighs. "Yeah, I know. Your father isn't gonna be happy about me losing it again."

"At least you only lost it once," Ben says. "It's all right. Dad's confident in you. He knows you can become a good Jedi."

Vestara smiles, it's warm and surprisingly gentle, even with the scar by her lips exaggering it a little. "Thank you, Ben."

They want to kiss each other so badly, and the thing holding them back is me. They're still too embarrassed to kiss each other in front of someone. Not that I should care. Young love is young love.

"Come on, we should go," I say, and I turn and walk out of the cockpit. It'll be nice to get some air . . . real air, without people trying to kill me.

I look down, at my bare feet. It's hard for me to do this, but I can't go outside barefoot. As far as I know, I'm the only barefoot Jedi who's been in the new Jedi Order. If I go out without footwear I'll be giving myself away. I don't want anyone but Luke knowing I'm here yet.

I grab them out of my sack and put them on, but I don't tie the laces. I just can't bring myself to. At least this way my feet can still breathe a little, even though they feel so constricted.

By the time I've put the boots on, Ben and Vestara are walking past me. "Come on," Vesta

19. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    And Jaina stumbles forward and oops, the story's over! :p I kid, I kid! Drop the Encyclopedia Britannica! [face_laugh] Ah, Tahiri. She is SO lost, here. :( *Hugs* Malinza, coolness. :) She's with the Man, man! Okay, I'm sorry. I'll be good. Well, I'll try.

Kenth... *Angry grunt* Yeah. I'll leave that kriff-up alone-for now.

20. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    Well, that was certainly a... strong reaction from Jaina. I'm guessing she never bought the whole redemption thing... or something. Luke, at least, seems fairly reasonable. Now why do I get the feeling that rebel-turned-senator Malinza is going to be making more than just a cameo here...

*facepalm*

21. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    Yeah, story's over. If it was April 1st anyway. :p Anyway, Tahiri's not really lost as she can't find a person in the colossal Temple . . . you have to wonder how anyone can find anybody in there.

I've always liked Malinza, I'm happy I found a way to fit her in. :)

Kenth . . . yeah, that was a mess-up. I tried not to let my personal feelings get in there and have Tahiri view it the way she might, considering her experiences and emotions and lack of knowledge about Kenth's death. I hope I succeeded in that.

Jaina has a very different reason to be attacking Tahiri. Chapter 10 will explain that. And yes, Luke is going to be more reasonable here, Tahiri hasn't offended him the way she's offended Jaina (and she offended Jaina BIG TIME). Plus Luke is a more reasonable person anyway.

Yeah, Malinza's with the man. :p She is in the DP for a reason, she is not a cameo appearance though it'll appear that way at first.

I have a surprise for you guys tomorrow. It'll be a pleasant one. :)

22. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    Ten

I'm scared.

I can feel the heat of the lightsaber just inches away from my nose. The ozone radiating from the blade makes it difficult to breathe, I almost feel like I'm choking. I can't take my eyes off its brilliant violet glow. All it'll take is a slight jab forward and I'm dead.

Jaina's fury has not abated. Her anger is something sustained, and has been in her for a long time. Probably has been harboring it since I fled the Imperials soon after Abeloth's defeat.

"You humiliated him," Jaina says. "You humiliated my husband, right after you won his trust."

"I didn't want to die," I manage to say, despite my throat choking up from the fear rampaging inside me and from the ozone.

"I can see the fear in you, Tahiri," Jaina says. "Your fear rules you. It controls your actions. You're just waiting to fall to the dark side again. Admit it, Tahiri."

"Jaina, enough," Luke says, sagely.

"No, Uncle Luke," Jaina says. "This is between me and Tahiri."

Now Luke doesn't sound like an old man. His voice is firm and steady, very unmuch like my trembling, shaking body. "Jaina, I said enough. Put your lightsaber away this instant."

"Why should I, Uncle Luke? She is a galactic fugitive from justice! Just be glad that the Jedi Order hasn't been harboring her yet!" Jaina says.

I hear a blaster being cued up, and suddenly Bartus, the man who has been so suspicious of me, puts a pistol next to Jaina's head. "You freeze immediately-"

As Bartus speaks, Jaina moves her lightsaber down and to my left, and then slashes upwards. Suddenly, the blaster pistol is sliced in half, leaving Bartus with a useless piece of rubber and metal in his right hand.

Bartus barely has time to gasp in surprise before Jaina does a side kick, strengthened by the Force. The big man is sent flying out of the room and I hear a distant crash.

Note to non-Force-sensitives: do not start a fight with Jaina Solo. You will not win.

I can't fight her in this cramped room. Malinza is too close, and she's defenseless. Luke can defend himself from any errant blows, but I don't want to risk him or anyone else getting injured in this space.

I have no choice. I have to run.

Jaina is still somewhat distracted by dealing with Bartus, but she reacts quickly. She grabs my right hand and throws me out of the room, and I crash to the floor and slide across it a few feet, stopping right in front of Bartus, who's buried in the stone wall, clearly unconscious and probably really hurt.

As I try to recover, I sense the swirling anger in the Force, and it's coming right at me.

I barely roll out of the way in time to avoid Jaina's lightsaber as she has leapt into the air and was coming down blade-first. The result is that her blade only strikes the duracrete.

I backpedal as Jaina recovers from her near miss and begins to charge me. She is fast. Extraordinarily fast. Her title "Sword of the Jedi" is definitely not for nothing. And she's going for the kill, or at least for maiming me.

Wouldn't it be something if Jaina cuts me down in the middle of the Temple?

I draw my own lightsaber and ignite it, just in time to block Jaina as she tries to lunge forward. I deflect her but she's too agile for me to counter, she just backs off a couple of steps, and assumes a defensive stance. She's seen me fight so many times before, she's waiting for me to begin one of my typical offensive strikes so she can block me and then quickly jab me in the stomach or something so I'm completely at her mercy, if not dead.

Jaina's brown eyes are steely, fearless. She's ready to go for the kill. "Jag trusted you, Tahiri. You helped him pick his first candidates for the Imperial Knights. You protected him when Boba Fett tried to assassinate him. You helped him and saved his life, and you just rejected the trust you had earned on a baseless fear."

"What baseless fear?" I ask. "I murdered Gilad Pellaeon. I'm in line for the death penalty. The Imperials would've found me guilty and I'd be dead right now."

Jaina shakes her head. "You are an

23. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Didn't expect an update :p
    Jaina got her brain some mangled somehow
    and Luke did allow her to play Rambo for a couple moments without stepping in? She attacked kind of the senator - well her guard but that guy would be still senator staff no?
    that girl seems to have a real problem [face_thinking]

Tahiri seems not to get a quiet moment at all - now she is out to find Amelia

great updates

=D=

24. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    Holy heck, that is one very angry Sword of the Jedi. She's arguably closer to the dark side than Tahiri and doesn't even see it.

Great update, and congratulations. =D=

25. rebel_cheese

Jul 6, 2006
    The sudden update's for a special occasion. Updates will resume as normal tomorrow with Chapter 11 and then continue once a week from there. :) But I really want to get this fic finished and completely posted before April 3rd if I can.

Jaina's anger is justified if you read closely into her dialogue. Tahiri did wrong her and Jag. Remember that Jaina's POV is not being explored here, so while she may seem to be crazy to Tahiri, Jaina DEFINITELY doesn't think she's nuts.

Luke did not allow Jaina to play Rambo. That whole action sequence there, despite Tahiri's lengthy narration of it, was for maybe fifteen seconds before Luke put a stop to it. Remember that Malinza was also in the room and doing a lightsaber fight with Jaina in the enclosed space could harm Malinza too. Luke probably wanted to wait until Jaina was out in the open before making a move to stop her.

Tahiri has had quiet moments, we just don't see them because they're boring. :p But yeah, now she's out to find Allana (of course, Tahiri doesn't know that Amelia IS Allana).

Glad you enjoyed!

Jaina's anger, again, is justified. Attacking Tahiri is obviously NOT justified but Jaina's anger is. Read Jaina's comments closely. There's an implication there that Tahiri made a huge mistake.

But yeah, Jaina is very close to the dark side. Definitely foreshadowing her leaving the Jedi which was my intention there. The Legacy comics make it fairly obvious that Sariah is a descendant of Jaina and Jagged and I'm trying to set that up.

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed.