main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I take it we're dead.....

Discussion in 'Archive: Fayetteville, NC' started by CMR, Aug 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CMR

CMR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2002
    :(

Someone please respond.

2. PreadoriteVong

PreadoriteVong Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2002
    Respond to what? The fact that you destroyed the fan force by turning it in to the Future Business Leaders of America? Respond to the fact that you turned a simple fun idea into a miniature corporate entity?? Fund Raisers?? Buisness meetings? I joined the Fan Force to find people in this area who enjoyed Star Wars as much as i do. You single handedly turned that into something perverse. You actually made me feel bad that i liked Star Wars. I am not a geek or a nerd nor do i like being refered to as one because i enjoy a movie. Your constant quest to "get together with your fellow geeks" got really annoying. Advertising and such was childish. That is my response.

3. CMR

CMR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2002
    thank you for being honest.

4. CMR

CMR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2002
    I just tried to give us something fun to do.

5. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    This seems to be a small difference of opinion, but nothing to disband a group over. Surely y'all can get together and work out a way that the group can be fun for all.

And as for calling anyone a geek, I'm sure it was all in good-natured fun. The folks in my group happily call themselves geeks who know how to maintain facades of normality. ;)

This is an awfully small sticking point to get too upset over, in my humble opinion. Y'all can work it out. Please try.

6. CMR

CMR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2002
    I havent heard from any members in months....

7. CMR

CMR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2002
    you know.

Forget dismemberment.

We will be having a meeting in the next couple of weeks. If any of you want to come, please do.

EDIT: No cursing please. I edited the offending word into something non-offensive. - Minacia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.