main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I *THINK* I can do Holograms

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Boskone_Kenobi, Jun 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    I read a tutorial on how to make SW Holograms and I think I *might* (only might) be able to pull it off (or Force ghosts, take your pick). So once Doug instructs you on saber construction I would like to give myself some practice on anyone willing to pose.
    I will practice on myself naturally (Would have asked people last night at the meeting but it was my babies birthday).

I want to get real good so as to sell people holograms of themselves at the film festival (Dont worry Doug, Ill think of a non-SW name for it. Ill let the pics sell themselves. I have found some generic sci fi backgrounds with which to bluescreen guests into as well with their "lazer sword" (corny but accurate I suppose.) DOnt get too worried about copyrights, that program is MINE. I bought it and the programmers have every right to sell it. Just change trademarked names and we can do whatever we want.)

If the Society of Creative Anachroism can get on the front page banging each other in the head with fake swords, we have every potential do to just as well.

2. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    Since you weren't at the meeting last night, you missed the discussion about members using the club for their own financial gain. Nobody wants to see the club used to pad one person's pockets. I think that includes using the club as a platform to sell anything to make money for oneself, Star Wars related or not. Besides, the Fanfilm Festival is being put on for the benefit of the community. It's not like a concert, where we'd charge for admission or sell t-shirts and any of that crap. I could be misinterpreting things and you should probably go to the club officers with any questions, but I believe my understanding of this issue is correct...

3. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    Your understanding of the clubs rules is correct, but you misintrepreted my own intentions. I never said I was out to do this for myself.

The purpose of the fan festival is FUN, of any shape and size.

All money (if any) would of course go to the club. I dont need the average joe's hard earned nickels and dimes to line my own greedy pockets. And Hell, I will probably do it for free. This doenst take hours to do. IF this works like I think it does I could do a whole effect in under a minute.
    The effect is FAR more valuable as a fun activity for people to do between films and get them to stay around longer to meet and greet with more of us. THat was the point of the festival I hope.
    I make them a pic, email it to them, they can then show it off at work or school and get even more people interested in us.

Do I come across as a greedy opportunist? I certainly think that that is undeserved. See if I ever try to be nice again. :::grin:::::

4. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    Barry,

Sorry to come off like such a d##k. It's happened before, so I guess I overreacted a bit. And sometimes it's hard to figure out someone's intentions when you're reading text they put up on a computer screen.

5. Marvincade

Marvincade Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2003
    I think any fund raising should be addressed in one of the monthly meetings, especially if the club is being represented or benefiting from any sale. When Laura suggested a yard sale it was accepted with the blessings of the club. I think it would be a bad situation if individual members were selling wares under the club banner unsupervised. Besides I thought the film festival was to raise money for our selected charity, and not for the club. Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't that violate the purpose of holding the festival?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.