main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I think I killed my dremel...what to do?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by JediDragon, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Okay, I mentioned on another thread about how I was cutting through the sink pipe and it got really hot and shut off...well I thought it just need to cool off b/c it was going fine and didn't act like the battery was out of juice. So I set it aside from the batter pack and let it cool off. I went back later to try it, and nothing...so I figured maybe it needed to recharge a bit. I recharged it a bit...still nothing.

Wal-Mart will still take it back even though I've used it a couple times, right? I mean I was just using it for what it's supposed to be used for when it crapped out...IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!

2. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    He!! yeah.

3. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    If you have the box & the receipt they have no choice. If you're missing one of those things they'll only let you exchange it. Just make sure if they give you any lip to ask for a manager. Defective is defective

4. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    still got the box & the receipt both. the only thing I was worried about is that I already used one of the cutting wheels down pretty good. I didn't know if that would matter or not...

5. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Naw, especially if you just bought it. Most places have a 30 day return period anyway, but this is definately a case for a defective piece of merchandise.

6. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    yeah, and there shouldn't be much of a problem I guess if I just bought it Friday...no matter how much I used it.

7. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    are you gonna get the same one or a different one ?

8. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Cordless....BAD!!!!

9. DarkJediDragon

DarkJediDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2002
    I got a different one. Had to pay an extra $20 for this one, but so far it's been worth it. It's way faster, doesn't get so hot, and I don't have to wait for it to charge up (corded).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.