I think I know the reason for the birth of the empire (not a spoiler)

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by sharkboy, May 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharkboy Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I know the jedi were tricked but the jedi did start the clone wars yoda lead the clones into war.
    I think all that palps has to say is that the jedi started a war thats the reason to get rid of them plus give me even more power I will prevent any more wars.
    The jedi were meant to keep peace in the republic but yet they started a war.The jedi were part of the core of the republic they had power frame them and this leaves power with one man.
    This one man gets more power to prevent more wars gets rid of the jedi who started the war,we now have the empire.
    You could call this a spoiler but I did not get it form the internet I got it form the five movies we have already.
    Remember the end of attack of the clones yoda says this is not victory.
    Am I wrong I dont think so it all fits into place.
  2. sharkboy Jedi Youngling

star 2
    One other thing palps said at the start of the movie he was in talks to try and hold the republic together he asks yoda will it really come to war yoda can not see the future but he does give palps a dirty look.
    YODA STARTED THE WAR.The spoilers are in the movies,am I really the first person to grasp what these lines meant?
    Star Wars is a six episode saga we are only missing part three if we study the films I think most of the answers are in the five episodes we have already.
    Now I may be wrong but like I said I dont think so please discuss.
  3. Raz Zaphon Jedi Master

star 4
    You're forgetting that the only reason Yoda was able to lead the Clones to Geonosis was because Palpatine was voted emergency powers by the Senate. The Senate was convinced of this because they knew the Seperatists were building an army. Basically the war was started with the full consultation of the Senate.

No, the reason for blaming the Jedi is the fact that SYFO-DYAS comissioned the army. It's not because they used the army - the Senate themselves condoned the use of it - it will be the fact that they created it. Or it could just be that Palpatine has all the Jedi killed, and creates a story that the reason they died out was due to the Clone Wars.
  4. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm assuming that in Episode III, the Jedi will EVENTUALLY discover somehow that Palpatine=Sidious and that the "conspiracy" went all the way to the top of the Republic.

If they try to stop him, Palpatine can claim that the Jedi are trying to kill him.

He can point out (as Raz said) that a Jedi named Sifo-Dyas ordered the clones, that a former Jedi (Dooku) headed the Confederacy - who knows how many Jedi agreed with Dooku, whether openly or secretly?

Plus, the Jedi command the army.

They're clearly not to be trusted.

What I am curious about is any scenes in the Senate - whether Palps will declare an Empire to the Senate, with the Senators held at gunpoint, or whether the Senate will agree with him that the Jedi are a problem.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.