main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I think i'm done.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by NissoJape, Aug 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NissoJape

NissoJape Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    Hi, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who lead me down the path to playing Star Wars the fun and right way, and to all who helped me figure out these darn rules, especially bib-fortuna and artie, thanks for answering all the obvious questions!

But....I think i am done play SW on a regular basis, if not forever. I love the cards and the game but i can't find anyone who wants to play anymore, mainly because I always win, and they are frustrated because of that...There isn't a very accessible tournament scene around my area because of my age.

I won't give up totally on the game unless i sell my cards, but i am definately done playing on a regular basis, which is not a decision i have actually made, but circumstances....

So once again thank you all!

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Sorry to see you go, tis a sad day.

I'm in the same boat though. I can't find anyone in my area that can play on a regular basis and it's seriously hurt my game. Even the tourney scene around here has dried up. I hope this isn't going to be a trend :(

3. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Where are you guys located (state and general location is fine)?

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Florida, Daytona Beach area. I know there is something coming up in Jacksonville, but that's a drive that is a tad bit too far for me. I haven't heard too much out of the Orlando scene. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place.

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I'm sort of in the same boat. All of my local Star Wars players quit playing this spring, so I'm the only one left. I still have decks put together, so I can play if a random person shows up.

6. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Q99213: Here's one in Orlando. The date has passed but maybe you know where the store is and can ask them when the next tourny is.

It's unfortunate to hear that Bib. Oregon/Washington is one of the important Star Wars CCG strongholds. Maybe try running some tournies yourself..?

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    The last two tourneys I've run, no one has showed up.

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Thanks Red. Unfortunatly, the only comic/gaming store in the Daytona area doesn't really like anything but Magic, so I'll have to keep up to date on-line. It doesn't look like Orlando has anything planned before the end of the year, but I don't know how far in advance they plan their events.

I had that problem back home Bib. I worked my butt off to get a tourney going and it ended up being myself and my friend.

I really need to get back to playing on a weekly basis. I've totally lost my flow and have gotten hammered in the last three games I've played.

9. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    There is an "official" online gaming community at Yahoo if anyone is interested..

10. BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER

BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER Jedi Master star 2

Aug 26, 2003
    I am happy to say that I am still able to play. I only have one friend who plays. IUwas part of the Star Wars CCG club at a card store near were I live, yet I am sad to say, the store just closed about three years ago. I have just about every card too. I only play about once a year. It is amazing just how hard it is to forget how to play once you have learned.

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yeah, tell me about it :(

Hey Red, can you post a link to that Yahoo club?

12. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.