main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I think the Man Up Stairs like me

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Bravo, Aug 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    This will be for my post in my Firefighter Journal. Here it goes:

I went to Red Rocks to ask why I hadn't got anything in the mail yet with school starting the 25th. Well, it turns out, there was a mess up from a office upstairs and the Emergency Services department. I was never signed up for the Fire Academy! [face_shocked]

By now, my heart is starting to race. Although I was mad and shocked at the news, I already had a good Plan B, which was to stay in shape until the next academy.

One of the Emergency Services people there is a Firefighter, going to Alska (sp?) to be a paid Firefighter. She asked me for my name and said she thought they had something on me. Well, it turns out, there was ONE slot left for both classes in the Fire Academy, just ONE. [face_shocked]

Well, they were able to get me into the Fire Academy that is only suppost to have 30 students were class but that has 35 students in mine. Only problem I have is transportation. The buses don't run all the way to Arvada, where the tower is. My Father is my only way, right now, getting there on Saturdays and he is giving me the typical response, he doesn't want to drive me up there. Then, getting home Friday nights will be a problem also. The only bus takes me all the way down to Down Town Denver, getting me home around one o'clock in the morning...I gotta wake up at 5 o'clock that morning to get to the tower for 6:30 AM.

Despite the transporatation problem, I am just glad to be able to get into the Fire Academy. That's all the proof I need that there is a God. I know it wasn't just luck that got me into the Fire Academy on Wednesday. The Man Up Stairs must like me for some reason.

2. Dark_Elf_Queen

Dark_Elf_Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2002
    He likes you because you're doing a noble job (or in training to) :)

Good luck :)

3. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    yeah , what she said

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.