main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Think The Planets From The Early Versions Of Star wars Should Appear In Lof

Discussion in 'Literature' started by snelson, Nov 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    since utapau appeared in rots i was thinking about the other planets in the early screenplays ondos,ogana major,had abbaddon, and aquilae should appear in lof. one of these worlds could be yoda's homeworld

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Well, in the end all you're asking is that writers use discarded planet names from old Star Wars drafts. Most of those planets became different ones (Utapau became Tatooine, Had Abbadon became Coruscant) so if the names were used they'd have to be completely new planets, anyway, so...the writers might as well make up their own names.

3. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    Hate to break it to ya but Yoda's history, and speices are completely and totally offlimits, per the Flanneled One himself, on a similar note most everything about Sidious is as well.. as it should be.. as it should be. Now if only he woulda left the Force as a mystical energy field, instead of introducing biological aspects...

4. snelson

Aug 21, 2005
    i heard somewhere that yoda and yaddle are whills.

5. frozenphoenix32

frozenphoenix32 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2005
    *twitch*

SuperShadow is a path to the Dark Side.

6. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    Supershadow.. hahahah.. hahahah.. stupidest man ever.. in his delusional little world he thinks hes "Friends" with George.. and he thinks hes gonna make 7-9 about some Dark Jedi invading Bespin or some other crap.. read his website only for humor at the depths of insanity that consumed him.

7. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Had Abaddon's already been used, hasn't it? I'd swear it has. Probably one of Zahn's enormous catalog of delicious toss-off planet names.

8. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    I think it was one of the proposed planets for the origins of the Jedi Order in the POTJ sourcebook, another one being Utapau (whoops!).

9. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Had Abbadon was to be the Empire's capital-city planet in the early drafts of Revenge of the Jedi.

10. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, I know, but I'm pretty sure it's been brought into official continuity somewhere -- that's what I want to know.

11. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002

12. McMickMack

McMickMack Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2005
    Had Abaddon did indeed appear in the 'Power of the Jedi' sourcebook by Wizards of the Coast.

13. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Ohhh, I misread the first post. I thought you were saying that it had been proposed for inclusion, not that it was included as a proposal. My mistake.[face_blush]
    Was it already somewhere else though, or am I just nuts?

14. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Did SuperShadow (curse his foul name) really come up with the Yoda=Whill thing? I thought that idea had been around for a while.

15. snelson

Aug 21, 2005
    i don't like supershadow either as clark gable once said in "it happened one night" that guy's a phony. he should be sued by george

16. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I would love to see George Lucas and his army of stormtroopers invade Supershadow's house and take him prisoner. I can just see Supershadow cringing over a torture table..."They didn't even ask any questions..."

17. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    FYI: The "YODA IS A WHILL" theory has a more legit pedigree than Supershadow. A card that was created for the Star Wars Galaxy trading card series featured a number of Yoda's species meditating before a giant Buddha-like statue of another of Yoda's species. The card was entitled "Worshipping Whills", so it was ALMOST canon, like Darth Maul's real name, but was dropped at the last minute.

18. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    I'd never heard that it was named "Worshipping Whills"...

[face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.