main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I think we should DEFINATLY do something for our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Las Vegas, NV' started by MoronDude, Mar 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay guys, it's comming up very soon. Our first meeting was at Darth Raith's house on April 6th, 2002. Does everyone remember that day? I, personally, had a great time! Raith turned out to be an awsome host, and I really felt like I'd taken my "first step into a larger world". Since that date, I have been more socially active then any point before in my life, and I've had a blast!

So, if everyone else has fond memories about that day, why not have an anniversary get-together?

Technically April 6th, 2003 is on a Sunday, and I know not everyone's available on a Sunday, so if you guys wanna plan it for the following Thursday, that'd be alright.

If Darth Raith can have us over at the clubhouse in his complex, then we can meet there. If not, we can always do the MSU thing again. I know DR doesn't want to drive all the way to UNLV after working all day, but I'd really like to see him attend since it was his hospitality that allowed us to start up in the first place.

Also, we have to figure out what we can do. There are limitless choices. If we do it at the clubhouse, there's probably a TV and VCR, so we could watch a movie, or even if we did it at UNLV, we could all head over to the library where they have media viewing rooms with VCRs and DVDs. It pretty much only matters on what you guys wanna do. We have a little under a month to plan this, so I want to hear everyone's suggestions.

And its not just for the founding members either. New members are welcomed and you Henderson guys can feel free to join us also.

2. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    i say we take over the galaxy and crush all who would dare oppose are rise to power. we shall take the galaxy by storm, destroy entire races in hours, shaping the very threads of the universe to whatever we desire, feel the POWER :D

3. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Yeah that or... DORITOS AND HARDWARE WARS!

4. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, well the anniversary is a week from Sunday, and we don't have anything confirmed. We did find out that DR's complex does NOT have a club house, so We'll have to figure out another place to meet. We can meet at a restaurant. If we can find a place with big tables (probably not a nice restaurant) we can play the Star wars trading card Game! Anyone who doesn't know how to play, I can teach...its pretty simple. So, any ideas?

5. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, since its one week away, howabout we go see a movie. When we saw Spiderman, that seemed to be a pretty simple meeting. We could see a movie, and then go somewhere for lunch, sound good?

If so, then which theater & what movie?

6. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    So, on Saturday, we made the plan to see a movie on Sunday around 4:30-5:00 (hopefully we can make it during matinee).

We can see it at Sam's Town, so Protoss can just come over after work. Anthony and I can take the CAT bus, and Daryl said it wouldn't be tough for him to get there either.

So, now we must choose a movie. I propose these 2 flicks: Anger Management (which opens Friday) or dreamcatcher (That has a short matrix film before it). Personally, I'd like to see Anger management, but Daryl really hates Adam Sandler. Lets put it up to a vote.

7. KhartrinRhan

KhartrinRhan Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    AAAGGGHHHH! Once again my work schedule will prevent me from attending! That makes a whole YEAR! Maybe it's some sort of record? Anyway Moron Dude, I work 4p-12a with Mon-Tues off. I don't know if any meetings will ever fall on those days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.