main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Turn To You (A JA Fanfic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Renton Kenobi, May 25, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    ARGH I CAN'T SEE THE POST!!! mad.gif

2. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Wow. I just read the last three or four posts, and they were awesesome!
    I love this story!

3. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    (hmm...how come I can't see the latest posts?) Well, up, anyway.

4. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Can't see the phantom post. I hope this will shake it out. Need my RK fix!

5. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    here posty, posty !!!

6. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Here posty posty posty!

7. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    as said Bert said in a Sesame Street skit with Ernie: (It gets louder and louder as it goes on) Here posty POsty POSTy POSTY!!! (except it was: fishy)

[This message has been edited by Tenel'Ka (edited 06-15-2000).]

8. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000

9. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Please don't say good-bye untill we get that finall post and sneak preview of your next story!!!!!!!!!

10. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    uh...question. How can it end before the birthday party starts?!?!?! confused.gif

11. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    I apologize for not posting last night but between darth server and my jar jar binks of a computer I couldn't see any of the post last night.

Anyway...here it is!!

Anyone got kleenex?

Obi-Wan Kenobi held his eyes shut trying to close out the harsh light of day. He had never been a morning person. But now it was even worse, that he never wanted to wake up again. Today was going to be harder than most days.

Today was Obi-Wan Kenobi's birthday.

He pulled the silk coverd pillows over his head to drown out the sounds of the busy streets below. Then he realized that he was in Nova's sleeping couch. Obi-Wan went to rub his neck but stoped short when he found out it was extremely sore to touch.

Then he realized what he had done.

And what he had put Nova through.

Fighting against his own wants to go back to sleep he pulled himself up and scanned for Nova. He walked out onto the balcony. That is where he found her. Nova had a tendency of falling asleep places besides her couch. She was curled up in a small patio chair with a blanket wraped around her tightly.

Nova's soft features showed signs of tears that had long dried out. Obi-Wan cursed at himself that he had put her through this.

I guess that shows how much he didn't deserve friends as good as Nova.

Not wanting to wake her up. But knowing that if he didn't she would feel as if she wasted the day he knelt next to her and brushed her hair away from her face. Nova twitched as a few stray strands tickled her nose. "Nova." She moaned and turn her head the other way as to try to stay asleep.

Which was unusual for her because she was a morning person.

"Nova wake up." Obi-Wan shook her gently. Her eyes shot opend and looked at Obi-Wan and weakly smiled. "Good morning."

"Morning." Nova said in reply then she shot up and looked at her chronometer. "Crap Kenobi! We are so late for work!" Obi-Wan stood in a little bit of a daze.

"We're working today?" Obi-Wan asked. "But I thought-"

"Well Boss called me and asked if we could when you were asleep." Nova pulled on her jacket and quickly fixed her hair. "Are you ready."

"I guess so." Obi-Wan looked at himself. He could sense that she was trying not to think about what had happend. "Nova I..." She shot him a look and quickly looked away and to compose herself. Obi-Wan came behind her and turned her around to face him. She had tears dripping down her face. He took his callused thumb and wiped them away. "I'm sorry Nova."

"I..." She started to say. "I thought I lost you last night." Obi-Wan hugged her and she dug her head in his shoulder. He ran one hand over her head and said into her hair.

"You think I would learn huh?" He asked out loud. "I'm so sorry I put you through that Nova. I'm so so sorry." She pulled away from him.

"Come on we'll be late for work." She grabed her house key and headed for the door.

12. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    By the force, I don't believe that I just found this! This is wonderful R.K..

Please post the party scene and I can't wait for your next story!

13. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    Aww.... Now, ON WITH THE BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!

14. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    As they made their way down the street they did so mostly in silence. It was probably a good thing. But it ate at Nova's heart. Her biggest fear was that Obi-Wan thought she was upset.

"I know you are not upset." Obi-Wan smiled back at her. "Remind me to teach you how to make sure that you do now project your thoughts." Nova laughed. "It was quite loud."

"Shut up Kenobi." Nova teased. "Or I will be the one trying to kill you." Obi-Wan stuck his tounge at her and she grabbed it between her fingers. "Don't tempt me." He pulled his tounge back and laughed. "Comon, we're late as it is."

~~~

As they entered the small cafe it was pitch black. "Nova why is it so dark?" Obi-Wan saw her figure move to the back of the cafe. "Nova?" She must have found the light switch because the lights came on.

SUPRISE! Obi-Wan must have jumped up in the air at least three feet. "Huh?" He looked around the room. It was people he knew from the temple. But how? And when? He saw all his old friends. How did they get here so fast? Nova walked back out from the back room. "Did you do this?" Nova shooked her head no.

"Obi-Wan Kenobi turn around." He knew that voice. Obi-Wan turned around to be face to face with Bant. He hadn't realized how much he had missed her until he saw her. Obi-Wan began to cry and Bant pulled him into her arms. "Happy Birthday Obi-Wan Kenobi."

Obi-Wan pulled out of her hug and turned back to Nova. He looked at her. "Nova, who did this?"

"Go out back, who you are asking about is back there." Obi-Wan began to walk out back. But he stopped long enough to hug Nova.

`````

Qui-Gon Jinn stood in back waiting for Obi-Wan to show up. He hoped to the force that it would work. If it didn't, he had no idea what he was going to do. He heard some commotion from inside and he saw the back door open slowly. Qui-Gon's heart lept when he saw who it was.

It was Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan hadn't spotted him yet. As Obi-Wan turned Qui-Gon held his breath, not knowing what the response would be. Obi-Wan saw him. But he said nothing at first, just looked at him.

"Hi Obi-Wan." Qui-Gon decided to start the conversation. Obi-Wan looked around nervously rubbing his wrist but winced when he found out that it wasn't such a good idea.

"Did...did you...do this for me?" Qui-Gon nodded slowly. Obi-Wan shook his head. "You shouldn't have done this Qui-Gon."

"Why not?"

"I don't deserve this." He said sadly. "I don't deserve any of it."

"Obi-Wan you know that is not true."

"Isn't it though?" Obi-Wan retorted. "I lost my master, I lost everything, even the will to live. Thank you Qui-Gon, but I don't deserve it. "

"Obi-Wan, I want to apologize for everything that I have done." Qui-Gon told him. Obi-Wan went to speak but Qui-Gon interupted him. "I have made such a mess of things Obi-Wan. The day you left made me realize how wrong I was. How wrong I was to think that I couldn't be your master. Only then I realized that I wasn't only loosing a padawan, I was loosing something else."

"What is that?" Obi-Wan asked.

"A son." Qui-Gon smiled sadly at Obi-Wan who had tears streaming down his face. Obi-Wan didn't say anything in response. "Obi-Wan, I know what happend last night." Obi-Wan's eyes became wide. He tried quickly to say something but Qui-Gon cut him off before he could. "When I thought of the idea of loosing you Obi-Wan, I was beside myself with greif." Qui-Gon found himself with tears in his eyes. "Could you ever forgive me Obi-Wan? Do you think it is possible that we could try to start again?" Obi-Wan walked up to Qui-Gon till he was face to face with him. Not knowing how to respond all ObiWan Kenobi put himself into Qui-Gon's arms and began to cry even harder then he finally spoke.

"I forgive you Master." The use of the term 'Master' made Qui-Gon sob, he held Obi-Wan to him as allready he felt their bond begin to form once again, as if for the first time.

And it would be the last time Qui-Gon would let anything break it.

They both pulled away from eachother and wiped away their tears and Qui-Gon let out a dry laugh. "Well since tha

15. Celes

Celes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1999
    You are going to end this, right? It's much too good to just leave there!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Is that the end? how bout an epilogue???

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!!!

With a cherry on top????

17. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    Epilouge:

Obi-Wan Kenobi had fallen asleep at his desk in the Jedi Temple at Coruscant. The council had taken him back with arms wide open. He couldn't have asked for anything more.

Saying good-bye to Nova was hard. But somehow he knew that he would always remember his friend, even if they never saw eachother again.

A quiet knock came at his door. He shot up from his desk and called out. "Enter." Qui-Gon Jinn opend the door and gave a small smile to his apprentice. "Hello Master."

"Did you have a good nap?" Obi-Wan gave a manly blush. Qui-Gon pulled a small data pad from his carry pouch. "A letter has come for you." Qui-Gon left the room as he did enter it and Obi-Wan turned on the pad. And began to read it.

"My Dearest Obi-Wan,

As I am writing you this I am no longer on Benal 3. Inspired by your reunion between you and your Master; I thought that everyone should get a second chance.

I never told you why I left home. The reason why I left was the same reason you did. I felt I didn't deserve what I had. But I have now since returned home, and I couldn't be happier.

Thank you so much for being my friend Obi-Wan Kenobi. I will always be greatful for the friendship that we shared. I will never forget you. I hope that you will never forget me.

I wish you all the best of luck. You will become such a great knight. And who knows, maybe our paths will cross again, I can only begin to hope that it would happen.

Well, I must go, my mother is asking for me. As your Jedi would put it...

May the force Be with you.

With Love Always,
    Nova."

Obi-Wan smiled as he turned off the pad. Everyone deserves a second chance.

And he couldn't have been happier that Nova got hers.

And he knew that one day they will meet again.

And it will be as if they never had left Benal 3.

Only under better circumstances, for both sides.

*El Fin!*

18. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    Well the epilouge is there...why can I not bloody see it?

19. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Oh wow, that was so beautiful! I'm all choked up. I love this story, it's so sad to see it end. Noooo! Please write an epilogue or something!

20. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    Cue announcer voice

And now here is a sneek peak from the upcoming work from RK, who brought you the heart wrenching "I Turn To You."

Cue Mission Impossible Music

As Obi-Wan Kenobi pulled his weight up to the top of the canyon he saw a small container standing there. Sickened with the fact that he knew it was meant for him, he reluctantly opened it up and a pair of sunglasses hissed up from the container. Putting them on he heard the all to familiar voice of his IMF task manager Qui-Gon Jinn.

"Sorry to barge in on your vacation Mr. Kenobi, you should really tell us where you are going while you are on vacation."

Obi-Wan let a small hiss of breath come from between his teeth. "It wouldn't be a vacation if I told you where I was going."

Coming to a TF.N Thread Near You

21. space case

space case Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 4, 1999
    All good things must come to an end. Can't wait for your next story.

22. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Nicely mushy! I liked the way that Nova had a happy ending, too.

The sneak preview looks intriguing! Can't wait to read more!

23. Misty the Pokemon trainer

Misty the Pokemon trainer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 1999
    Can't wait for your next post!

24. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    How Sweet It Is! (movie title) That was a GREAT story! I am definatly going to make ALL my friends read it! Great happy ending, and I LOVED the mush!
    Can' wait for your new story!!!

25. Katri Tai

Katri Tai Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2000
    Wonerful story
    Great epilogue
    Cool sneak preview

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.