main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"I used to live here you know..."

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by FallenKnight88, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FallenKnight88

FallenKnight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    This is something that has bothered me for a while.

On the way to the Sarlacc Pit, why would Luke say to Han, "I used to live here you know?"

Didn't they also meet there? It's like Luke forgot that they met on Tatooine. It's somewhat of an odd thing to say.

It's like visiting an old house you lived in w/ your brother and telling him "I used to live here remember?"

Did anyone else ever pick up on this?

2. That_Random_Jedi

That_Random_Jedi Jedi Master star 3

May 14, 2005
    Ah, you fail to see the hidden 'duh' in that statement.

3. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    Except that they aren't brothers.

You said Han and Luke met on Tatooine. Did Han live on Tatooine?
    No, so your statement is irrelivant.

Much like this thread.

4. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    Ouch.

DS don't pull no punches.

5. DS615

Oct 30, 2003
    Sorry, I'm kind of snappy today.

6. NICHOLAS_SKYWALKER

NICHOLAS_SKYWALKER Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2005
    I understand it but it botheres me to.. hey does anyone know han's home planet?

7. That_Random_Jedi

May 14, 2005
    If he's called a Correllian smuggler, then doesn't it stand to reason that he's from Correllia? Seriously.

8. PerfectCell

PerfectCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    If he's called a Correllian smuggler, then doesn't it stand to reason that he's from Correllia? Seriously.

Not really, Correllians are portrayed throught SW as residing on a ton of planets, so while the fact that he is Correllian may mean he has Correllian heritage that doesn't mean that he couldn't have grown up on another planet.

9. That_Random_Jedi

May 14, 2005
    What does the guy's bio say? Does it say where he come from? Coruscant, maybe? The Outer Rim? Some space station somewhere?

10. DS615

Oct 30, 2003
    Starwars.com says his homeworld is Corellia.
    http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/hansolo/index.html

11. PerfectCell

Jun 3, 2005
    Okay then, he was born on Correllia, all I was saying is that just because a guy is "insert race/planet here", you can't assume that the guy was actually born on "insert race/planet here."

12. That_Random_Jedi

May 14, 2005
    That's what I said before. Seriously. I mean, doesn't being Correllian or whatever denote your birthplace?

13. PerfectCell

Jun 3, 2005
    That's what I said before. Seriously. I mean, doesn't being Correllian or whatever denote your birthplace?

My edited post should answer that question, but no, it doesn't. Think of how it is in the real world, just because you're Irish that doesn't mean you were born in Ireland, and I could give a thousand more examples of your race/ethnicity not denoting your birthplace.

14. That_Random_Jedi

May 14, 2005
    Ancestry, huh? Heritage? Maybe his parents were from Correllia.

15. zillas_revenge2

zillas_revenge2 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Oh My Sweet Lord!!!!

This is without fear of contradiction the dumbest one I've seen yet!!!
    Has true sarcasm become so bred out of people that they no longer recognize it when it kivks them in the ass with a pair of cleets!!!???

16. Ogmios22188

Ogmios22188 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2004
    Well, when people say they're Irish, they really mean they're of Irish descent. You can't really be both fully Irish and fully American. You can be Irish and moved to America, or you can be an American of Irish descent. Oh yeah, and Luke was being sarcastic. He was just messing around with his buddy.

17. FallenKnight88

May 26, 2005
    Excuse me, but how exactly is Luke being sarcastic? The only one coming off as sarcastic is Han with his "You're going to die here" response.

18. millenniumteacher

millenniumteacher Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2005
    Han Solo is from the planet "I'm the only one who got a career out of this gig"

19. CommanderJamesBond

CommanderJamesBond Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2005
    I've always wondered about that. Luke knew that Han knew that he was a farmer on Tatooine, so why the hell would he need to remind him.

20. DARTHFINGERZ

DARTHFINGERZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2004
    It was written that way because GL knew one day he would make a PT and create a bunch of new little awkward things for us fans to pick up on.....

So he got started early with RoTJ. ;)

21. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    ^Well, 3 years (And a few months more) is a long time. Han could have easily forgotten it

I always think it's Luke's way of saying: "Don't worry, I lived in a planet full of smugglers and thieves, so i know how they play their little game. Just stand with Chewie and leave the rest to me."

22. BobaFett_v1

BobaFett_v1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2005
    u ppl are funny..

for those who wondered why he says it..listen to the proceeding line u morons..and ill add in the falllout

"instead of big dark blur i see a big light blur"

"theres not much to see....i used to live here u no" LOL!!

"ur gunna die here u no? figures" BURNED!!!!!!!

there u have it..the thought on their minds...and u people really are dum..ever wondered why luke smiles wen he says his line then smirks after hans and says "just stick close to chewie and lando"

shut up and he who started this thread is a moron

23. FallenKnight88

May 26, 2005
    "shut up and he who started this thread is a moron"

Oh, i'm sorry. I guess I was too busy explaining to others why your precious Boba Fett is such a one-note nobody that I came up with this "stupid" thread out of delirium.

But then again, I refuse to take the words of a "Boba Fett" fan seriously, because well...you're a Boba Fett fan [face_sick]

Boba Fett is pathetic...but that's for another thread (another one I started.) [face_laugh]

24. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Boba Fett is alright. But his helmet rocks! Particularly when his father used to polish it!

25. Circle_Is_Complete

Circle_Is_Complete Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2005
    I think it's a legit question but I DO agree that the line before Luke is more referring to the fact that Han isn't missing out on seeing much. Basically Iv'e seen almost everything around here and your not missing out. Many people in real life say things like this about towns they grew up in or still live in. It was real tounge-and-cheek.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.