main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

?I?ve reached post . . .? Come celebrate your accomplishments with us

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by IrishEyedJedi, Sep 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    Too many times I see people letting us know they've reached a certain count number but it just gets lost in all the stories. So instead I thought we could have a place for people to let us know when they've reached a certain point in their posting.

So when you hit 500 or 5,000 come share it with us and let us know what some of your favorite memories are.

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Great idea. This is post 23,001 for me and my favorite memories would probably be:

Being a newbie and getting voted Best Author against three of my favorite authors
    The 12 days of angst that me and Suzuki_Akira did on Lest Ye Be Judged that got that thread to post 1,000.
    Reading the awesome replies from readers, like the one where Mzamethystcrow couldn't stop saying "Oh my god!" or the one where I_Heart_han_solo compared reading my vignette to being in a Taebo class.

3. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    We normally shy away from "Post Count" threads as they border on what our bosses call User Appreciation threads and can encourage spamming which is against TOS, but we've talked about this one and decided to let it stay (but with some conditions):

1) Don't turn it into a social thread, we'll have to lock it if it does. :(

2) Don't let it become an encouragement to users to post "quantity over quality" as stated in latest Mod Squad update. The adminstration of the boards (read: Head Admin (especially), Admins, and Mod Squad) frown on this, they can and do compare user post counts compared to time registered and post-content. We have people that have been perma-banned over this and we love all of you too much to see that happen. [:D]

3) Post your count, your memories, and then move on. As we said in number one, if it turns into a social thread, we'll have to lock it.

4) This is all based on VaderLVR, rhonderoo, and JadeSolo's input. As the manager, Leona could decide that a post count thread isn't conducive to Fan Fiction forums, or needed, as it is generally a YJCC type thread. I'm not saying she will, but that is her perogitive. :)

EDIT: ghastly typos! :eek:

4. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    Post 497 or something..

Good memories

Reading really good stories, realising I'm not the only one who likes to re-write SW, (sort of) meeting very nice people, people responding kindly to any feeble effort I put up.

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I see people with posting stars. How do I find my own, if any?

6. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    I've posted 3,000 posts!!!

My favorite memory: When I first started posting on these boards and actually started getting reviews.. I was so excited with my first story -- I remember it so well :D ..and when I won an award for that same story -- I was beyond shocked! :)

7. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Well, roo, I'd have to say that I definitely go for quality over quantity. I've been here over two years and I just now reached 1000 posts. Or...it could just be that I'm lazy. Yes, I think that's it. :D

My fondest rememberies are:

-the feeling when someone posted a reply to my very first story post...Elated!

-the feeling when said story got nommed and won some awards in the 2004 SFFA...Shocked!

-when one of my most admired authors posted a response in my story thread...Flattered and Flabbergasted!

:p

Sith-I-5: To see your stars, make a sock. Log in as your regular ID and add the sock to your Watched User List. Log in as the sock and then go to your bio. Click on "Who Is Watching You?" There, you will see your stars!

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm almost at 7,000 posts. I had to go look to see where I was at! :p

Some of my most vivid memories? Well, kayladie97 was the very first person to put me on her watched user list. And it felt great (okay it still does!).

I remember the first time someone I admired responded to one of my works, and that still feels great, too.

I remember reading the Redemption series by obi_ew and thinking, "Why couldn't it have been this way???" :_| And from that point on, an AU junkie was born!

I remember reading "Betrayal" in the archives and being absolutely blown away. When I got to write with the author, Gina, it was a thrill. And we still make a good team because we work well together. So even if no one read what we wrote, we'd still be having a great time!

I'm sure there are more, but these are the memories that came to mind right away.

9. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    No, 256 with this one. [face_blush]
    Anything to have a celebration!
    *dons silly paper hat & starts dancing badly*
    [face_dancing]

10. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Hadn't really thought about it until I peeked in this thread. But, after looking, I am amazed to say that this is post 1293 for me. :eek: Crazy, huh? Of course most of that was probably in the Fortress writing crazy captions for IEJs pics but soon I'll start my story threads. All too soon, my pretty![face_mischief]

My fondest post was my first fic, a viggie for a challenge. It was a rush to see it posted on the boards (big let down without any comments for a few days but HEY! it comes with the territory, right?) I had so much fun with it that I am now hooked on challenges and have started with the bones of a real story, too.

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I don't believe this really does more than encourage excessive posting. I've received more than a few PM's when it looks like users are posting only for the sake of increasing their counts.

Sure it's a milestone, but in reality does posting across the TF.N little more than one word responses, ups and the likes need appreciation? Do we want users who may not know better to begin doing what many complain about?

If we're not allowed to show our fave authors' our apprecition by starting a thread for them, it makes little sense in discussing how many posts we've accumulated. I believe that was one reason the stars were taken away from being right under our icons, though I may remember wrong.

I'm going to lock this thread as those that have been created with the same intention have been locked for the same reason in the past.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.