main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson I wanna be a jedi /imperial/trooper and/or sith thread--- costumes

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Sep 6, 2005.

1. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Yeah, maybe we'll get some volunteers at the meeting. Hey Cathie PM me your address so I can Mapquest it, and can I come over to get those tapes before 10pm?

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    come on over

3. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    will you let me subject you to looking at my collection...

4. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    oh, sounds rough but I guess so ;-)

5. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I decided to do a Jawa, it would be the fastest and easiest for now. Other sugestions were made but I didn't write them down.
    I REALLY like the Clone Wars Obi-Wan (That half jedi/Trooper outfit really was cool) but I think that will take a bit more work than I can give right now.

6. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Cool Damien, Ill make you the cloak if you want, I have the cloak material for a jedi, and the simplicity "Star Warriors" patern, so it would be super easy with a few minor modifications. I mgiht also have some black nomex flight gloves that would fit you, when I bought them they were juft slightly too small.

Although I will not make it tot he pctober meeting when the SUpreme Vader cotume arrives, I will gladly show it to anyone who wants tosee it, we may need to have a last minute costume assembly party before Halloween and the dvd release

7. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    mumbles about having had a dream about looking for the SW Leia dress pattern

Damien, my friend Maleficant costumes a jawa real well:

[image=http://67.18.37.18/1061/76/upload/p6365875.jpg]

She might be able to give you info on the jawa stuff. :)

8. Pirateme

Pirateme Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2003
    I had mentioned to Cat that I think someone should costume "Darth Peanut" [face_laugh]

[image=http://67.18.37.18/1061/76/upload/p6369330.jpg]

9. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I got the Jawa pretty much figured out, I did pick up a pattern for a Jedi costume also, just incase. Jo Ann crafting place (not the kind of store I'm used to going into) is having a 50% off sale next week on fabric that they say is used for Star Wars costumes, so I'll pick some up then. Also, I thinking of an Emperor (again, it's all fabric and if the machine is out, mind as well try to make that also).

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    All of those sound great!! I think after a while we will all manage to have more than one costume.. just may take a year or so!! I am hoping we are all still around for the long haul!! I am looking at Shaak Ti ideas today online!!

11. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Damien, do you have a sewing machine? I do if you run out of time to make the costume, and need any help let me know.

Well, my folks just surprised me with an early christmas present, and so Ill be ordering Vader on thursday.

12. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    WOOHOO!!! I love it so much when Parents come to the rescue for us adults!!! Nice surprises always seem to come from my parents.

where did ya'll tell me to go for talking to shaak ti people.. rebel legion..or jedi assembly? can't remember

13. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Yes, I have a machine, thanks for asking Dustin. If I run into problems I will ask for help, most sewing I?ve done in the past was putting patches all over my denim jackets in my "Metal years" back in the 80s (back when I had hair).

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    okay.. found one shaak ti on rebel legion.. but save for the part of my headpiece not being flush with my forehead.. my headpiece is already better than hers.. it looks like one of the ones that was made with paper mache and socks for the tentacles.. still looking for now.. thinking perhaps Jake can go it again with the carving knife and this time might fare better on the forehead and on the rounded tentacles.. but still thinking latex and wire!!

15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    okay.. the other shaak ti is a bit better on the rebel legion.. still used socks or something to make the tentacles.. but I liked her horns and how it came flush with the forehead.. gonna have Jake look at these photos.. but like I said.. still going to search latex ideas and how it was really made.. I also have to ask again.. what was that makeup you mentioned.. ben nye?

16. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
  17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    wonder how smooth I can get paper mache if I work at it.. and how to twist and manuver wire into the shape I need it to be.. here is a new thought.. can we take the fairly awesome headpiece Jake already made me and add paper mache to it.. making it rounded.. and flush with my rounded forehead somehow.. any thoughts on this new idea?

18. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    how about modifying this one for shaak ti.. just have to figure out how to get horns to stay up and look solid without being too heavy.

aayla secura headpiece

19. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    okay.. decision made.. just have to hope it works.. take the foam headpiece we already have.. add paper mache to round out and fix forehead area.. then apply release agent.. then apply brush on latex.. then have it air brushed.. then sealed!! Have to find someone to airbrush it. My brother does it professionally.. however.. he is in another state.. so that won't work.. besides I think he might have sold his equipment.. but I think I will start the paper mache tomorrow.. I have to find a way to apply it to my head to get the right form and then get it off and attach it correctly to the rest of the headpiece. Fairly certain that I can paper mache it to the headpiece and then continue rounding out all the sharp edges!! I will use the rice and styro beads to fill it.. I liked the look of those lekku I saw. Can you all tell how excited I am. Next.. do we think that the piece of material that hangs down the front of the costume is material or leather.. and I have to add a pouch to my jedi belt.. or have a new belt made.. what do you think Mugen.. can you make me a Shaak Ti belt that looks like the one on her action figure perhaps.. since it seems impossible to find one in a photo.. as for the skirt.. my material is already the right kind.. not crepe.. but still wrinkly like her skirt is.. I have to get a better shirt.. and finetune my robe.. and get with Wookie on his families makeup artist. and of course boots.. okay.. I'll stop now.. just wanting ya'll to let me know if you think I am headed down the right ally.

20. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    wookie wallaby.. this link is for you.. I did not read into detail.. but it talks of adding to a costume already available.. so who knows
    Wookie costuming

only bad thing is it does not let you view the photo links.. says forbidden.. so that part was a no go.. but sounds interesting and cheap to add certain braids and hair to an already existing costume.. felt it worth posting for you.

21. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Cathie, at Michaels they have this stuff called Mold Builder, in the casting aisle,I use it all the time to cast action figure parts. Its a brush on latex, or check out the last link I sent you, or www.smooth-on.com for some, they ship pretty quick. And you can borrow my Jedi boots if youhappen to be a size 12 ;-)

22. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Oh Ill airbrush your tentacles for ya too

23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    oh yay!! you can airbrush!!!

michaels for mold builder tomorrow.. it is now on my todo list.

gotta figure out a way to make the head mold part.. mold it to my head.. or to a stryofoam head or a balloon about the shape of my head. then should be easy enough to attach it to the rest of the headpiece

24. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Ok, I have decided, that I am going to put together the Jengo/Jango Fett suit..but it is gonna take a little more than a few months to do..so it will be my project for long term. I ordered a Clone Trooper helmet, and have decided to focus on making an ARC Trooper costume....red or blue..not sure yet. I will be doing reserch and watching the Clone Wars alot, and maybe look seriously at the "Armor Party". I think we should all focus on that...and we can make other things there as well...make it an Armor/Costuming party, for all our needs....what do you think? And how much did they say it was gonna cost to get this "A.P." going..besides the beer and Bratwursts?

25. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Not sure, Mugen.

OK, here is another really good wookiee site:

Got Wookiee