main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson I wanna be a jedi /imperial/trooper and/or sith thread--- costumes

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Here is another place we can post about costuming and such...its called The Grand Army of the Republic. Everyone is very helpfull and insightfull....they have a method of numbering applicants very simmilar to the 501st and Rebel Legion...just send a photo to the heads, IrishJedi, and or someone else..and they will make a handy dandy photoshop pic of you in desired surroundings and issue you a GAR number...making you official! JUST LIKE THIS:

[image=http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f292/Mugen613/4-0343.jpg]

To apply for membership, all you have to do is introduce yourselfs on the GAR boards, and have ANY Star Wars related costume! be it a Jedi, Padawan, Gonk droid...whatever...you are in! Support youre local GAR! And vote for an Arizona name!!!

http://www.grandarmy.org/boards/index.php

2. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    well the At At sold, for much less than I hoped, but I still got my minumum, unfortunatly thats one suit out of the group, unless the guy who bought it really does join, and he sounds psyched for battlefront!

3. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    FiberGlass and ABS Helmets

[image=http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/hal9k1/FiberandAbsBikerFront.jpg] Front

[image=http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/hal9k1/FiberandAbsBikerSide.jpg] Side

[image=http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/hal9k1/FiberandAbsBikerBack.jpg] Back

[image=http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/hal9k1/FiberandAbsBikerInside.jpg] Inside

4. KickingnScreaming

KickingnScreaming Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2006
    Anyone have good links for making a Grand Moff costume? I want a costume that can be 501st approved (so you guys can get garrison) and able to move and see so I can do double duty as a wrangler.

ideas or links ??
    thanks

5. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003

http://officers.conforums.com/index.cgi

Great Idea!!!

Ever think of a rebel pilot? You as a rebel pilot and Dustin as a Tie Pilot, that would be cute!

6. KickingnScreaming

May 26, 2006
    That's a cute idea.

I want to be imperial though so you guys have more people to get a garrison.

thanks for the link

and congrats on 501st

7. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    A female Officer would be awesome! All spiffy in youre black or grey uniform...cool...plus if Dusty pisses you off you can revoke his flight status! [face_whistling]

8. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    She doesnt need some fancy schmansy uniform to do that!

9. KickingnScreaming

May 26, 2006
    Some pictures the Grand Moff Tarkin uniform looks black others looks almost olive green. Which pictures are best to go off of?

10. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    KickingnScreaming, does Cat know that you are using that icon?:D

11. KickingnScreaming

May 26, 2006
    No, she doesnt' but she knows I am working on a shaak ti costume. And the icon wasn't being used so...

12. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    It looks good on ya.

13. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    UGH! The paint on my guard helmet is flaking, coming off in chunks right down to the bare mold... UGH.

Well, hopefully I set up an automotive place to paint it Crimson high gloss while I"m gone.

Bare guard!

14. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    I am remaking Darth Nihilus to be 100% 501st canon. He is gonna be awesome!!!!!!! I am also building a Mandalorian Costume for me, and my lil nephew Chris...hopefully by Halloween the Mandalorian will be done for the kids in the hospital, and Nihilus for the Reid Park zoo thing...time to scare some kids!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I am also going to Phx in the morning(if my new lightsaber comes) to get a red luxon 5 watt red blade installed so it will be super bright red!! So bright you will be able to see it in the daytime!

15. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    I found out that the saber guys dont have a red 5 watt lux light..the only red is a 3 watt..it is still bright, but not as bright as the 5 watt. I left my Nightwalker saber with them to have a 5 watt ageaon silver 5 watt put into it, with interchageable color disks..now I can have a blue, purple, yellow, green..or even pink blade if I want to.

=D=

16. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I second that! Looks good on ya! I am more than willing to welcome others with Jedi tenatcles and Lekku! :)

I still want the Padme costume and am wanting Barriss Offee as well... However I can want all day.. doesn't mean I am getting it... I keep looking for the money tree.. but it seems to have lost it's roots.. kid's halloween costumes have to come first.

17. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    My next costume!

[image=http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/darthtader.jpg]

18. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Personally, I think you will look silly with the fake pearl necklace and the black miniskirt, but hey, whatever you wanna do...

19. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Hey my dad is gonna do count dooku!!!!!

20. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Just a quickie..... I just got the Guard bucket back from the automotive paint/repair place. I just ran out of time to do anything else with it.

Great job and he charged me $100 to strip off what I did, patch, paint, and clear coat the whole thing. Now it's all shiney Crimson/Red.

I asked if he's willing to do other buckets and he said "Sure, as ling as it simple and no fancy stuff like flowers or anything (wink, wink)".

So if anyone needs unfinished armor painted he's willing to do it. I'm sure he's charge more or less depending on the complexity or any repairs (like mine) but he said he would be very interested in painting star wars helmets ('cause it's twords charity). Even clones, with stripes or mandalorian two tones.

Just firgired I put that out.

21. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    VERY COOL DAMIAN!!!!!!!!!!!! Could be usefull in the future....=D=

22. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Frank and I just met an awesome guy who is going to join the group who casts his own SW parts, including Vader helmets! He is in town and a phenomenal sculptur, and he's been casting for years. The cool thing is he has a complete vader costume! Woo hoo! I have reliefe!

23. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Is he going to be at the next meeting?

24. TI-525

TI-525 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2005
    someone in san diego did an imperial officer but with a skirt..they accepted it!!!

try that!!!

25. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005