main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson I wanna be a jedi /imperial/trooper and/or sith thread--- costumes

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Hows this? be cruel...

[image=http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f292/Mugen613/Nilli66.jpg]

[image=http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f292/Mugen613/Nilli.jpg]

[image=http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f292/Mugen613/d4e3af73.jpg]

2. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Nice!!!

3. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    the saber looks triple toned in the photo, that is really awesome looking.

4. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Nice Job, Frankie. I am now seriously jealous :D

:_|

5. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    here is the only pic of the desert Mandalorian I could find, (Im the one in the middle)

[image=http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f292/Mugen613/mando.jpg]

6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Just thinking about costumes... I do so still want and plan on making Jake and I costumes, just do not have the money for it at this time, I guess I just wanted to make sure everyone knew that it is in my heart to do that.. but just has to take a back burner for who knows how long.... if I try on my Jedi outfit and others think it looks okay, I will wrangle in it..

I just really really want a Padme, and a Jedi/Sith Togruta, as well as Barriss Offee.. Though I suppose I could be happy as a regular female Human Jedi for the time being.

though if the imperial officer costumes do take place, I would wear one of them... and have heard they might be really reasonable to afford, though I lean more towards Pregnant Padme'

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I have the same problem - lack of funds. I'm still job hunting.

I would like to start with a Jedi costume. If there is a pattern (I believe I was told there was one at the meeting), I'd like to look at it. I've got some left over material ( I might end up a patchwork Jedi) or I could find something cheap at a sale.

My dream is to make Leia's Bespin outfit but the embroidery scares me - I don't embroider.
    I'd be interested in the female Imperial outfits mentioned at the meeting as well.

8. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    We should just organize a sewing party and bust out two or three costumes.

Brian and I are tkaing another shot at a Vader helmet, the forst one cam eout tacky, because we think we used to much fiberglass pigment, this time we are using it straight and it is a little less humid out (just a little)

9. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Sewing party sounds like fun. I'm game.

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Just got my flyer in the mail and there will be two upcoming sales for Hancock Fabrics:

Thursday, Sept 28 - Sunday, Oct 1
    Simplicity Patterns on sale for .99

Saturday, October 7 - Monday, October 9
    McCalls patterns on sale for .99

Limit is 5 on the patterns. They also have a bolt of Muslin on sale for 12.99 from 9/28 to 10/11 plus lots of other stuff.

In case anyone is interested, this means that the ANH Leia pattern and the "Peacock" Amidala ROTS pattern will be .99!

11. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    I picked up two patterns. The Jedi one and the Leia ANH/Padme Peacock one. thanks for the heads up on the sale.

12. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Next weekend is the McCall's pattern sale. I'm going to be looking online to see if there is anything I want to pick up.

I picked up quite a few patterns just to have extras of them . . . you never know. ;)

edit

w00t!

If anyone [Cat] is looking to do the Pregnant Padme nightgown here is a very VERY similar pattern:

http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M4995.htm?tab=costumes&page=2

13. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    [image=http://static.zoovy.com/img/caboots/W237-H237-Bffffff/padmeout.jpg]

See these nabooLady??

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I can handle that for one dollar.. though I am curious if Amber's mom prefers to do costumes with or without patterns.

15. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    for .99 I'd pick up the pattern ;)

16. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    The U.S. District Court for the Central District of California has awarded Lucasfilm Ltd. $20 million in damages in a copyright infringement and unfair competition case against the British firm Shepperton Design Studios and its owner, Andrew Ainsworth.

The court found that Shepperton Design Studios had been marketing unlicensed copies of Stormtrooper helmets and costumes, and TIE fighter pilot helmets from the Star Wars films, as well as making misleading claims about the authenticity and origins of these items.

The judgement, by U.S. District Judge R. Gary Klausner, awards damages to Lucasfilm Ltd. for copyright infringement, unfair competition and trademark infringement and permanently bars Shepperton Design Studios from copying, reproducing, importing, licensing, marketing or displaying any of its unauthorised Star Wars products in the United States. Lucasfilm is also pursuing legal action against Shepperton in the U.K., where the company is based, to ensure that the judgement is enforced there.

Howard Roffman, President of Lucas Licensing, said: "Lucasfilm vigorously protects its intellectual property rights in Star Wars. Infringers like Shepperton need to understand that we will pursue them anywhere in the world to shut them down and seek restitution."

Roffman noted that many Star Wars fans around the world produce replicas of Star Wars costumes for their own personal use and enjoyment, an activity to which Lucasfilm Ltd. has no objection. One such group, the "501st Legion" of Stormtroopers, is a global organisation that has often worked with Lucasfilm and its partners.

"We appreciate that Star Wars has sparked the imaginations of fans around the world," said Roffman. "We would never want to discourage fans from showcasing their enthusiasm for the movies. However, anyone who tries to profit from using our copyrights and trademarks without authorisation crosses the line; they become an infringer and we will go after them."

17. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Anyone have any old cheapo star wars costumes, like the one just bought at a costume shop>? I met this great family on freecycle.com who was looking to do a star wars theme this year for halloween

18. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    GAMESTOP Joe's Shocktrooper is complete... he will be trying for 501st approval as soon as he can. Congrats Joe!!!!!!!!

19. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Pictures!

20. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    When somebody can, please PM the contact info for the 501st. I'm having trouble with the website. Thanks!

21. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Your Mom said that she gave you a pair of brown ladies boots size 9. do you still have those? I could use them

22. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    I do, and I can bring them to a meeting or just pas them off to you anytime.

23. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    I think the parade is the next event. We'll go with that for now unless it would be too much of a hassle.

24. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Actually the next event is the Make a Wish Event coming up this coming Sunday here in Tucson.

25. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Hey, I was just wondering if someone could PM me a phone # or email address for Brian. Last I heard, he was making me the clasp for Palpy, but that was a couple of weeks ago and I haven't heard from him since. Please?