main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson I wanna be a jedi /imperial/trooper and/or sith thread--- costumes

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    hey guys if anyone wants tabbords, i have the materials for some like ours. also i have enough materials for 2 dark green sets as well. i have some belts like ours too, a few black ones as well. pm me if you're in search of these items
    thanks

2. Bylar

Aug 4, 2006
    i'm also gathering the materials for red tabbords and blue tabbords if anyone wants either of those color tabbords. red would look good on a sith lol. the different colors really make for unique looks.

3. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Well, seeing as how I chose to prolong the game yesterday rather than take the only gift I could really use, I need to get a hold of that XL belt that you have. I am pretty sure it would fit me.

4. Bylar

Aug 4, 2006
    sure ill hold on to it for ya np.
    it was fun though lol

5. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    And so it begins...

6. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    There's no turning back now. It's Sydney or the bush.

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I got material to make my Jedi cloak and a Leia NH outfit. I need to get one of those Jedi belts that Steve and family have.

8. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Just a little note for everybody. Jack is alive and well, but the wookiee is going to be hibernating for about three months. Hope to have him up and operational by March 28.

9. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    I was looking at pictures of Leia's belt for the NH dress. It has metal pieces on it. Is there some place to get that done without great expense? I can always fake it with silver material.

10. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I can cut some pieces of sintra and shape them for you and then we can rub n buff them which is the stuff i used to use on my jango armor. Or you can find some thin aluminum sheet and we can cut that up for you and polish it which would look really nice. The sintra I have the aluminum you would need to find which you would just need to look in the phone book for metal or aluminum suppliers.

-Chris

11. Bylar

Aug 4, 2006
    i have brown and black. mostly large size i think i may have one 2x in brown but the rest are large
    send me a pm and we can get together and u can see what i have available.

12. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005

Michele (KickinandScreaming) made an ANH dress, and so I have all the material needed for the metal accents on the belt. If you get some white vinyl, Ill cut them for you.

13. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    I haven't got the vinyl yet. I'm finding that I'm not getting to my sewing projects because of real life, but I will try and get the vinyl next time I get a good coupon.

What is sintra? a soft metal?

Are these metal pieces the same as what Chris is referring to? I'm a little confused - I took Home Ec, not Shop. Maybe you guys can bring samples to the meeting?

14. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Sintra is actually a plastic, and so it wont have an incredibly long life, its the same stuff his fett armor is made out of. The metal I have is steel, but not as thin as aluminum, so I can cut it with tin snips and shape it with a dremel, I also have some round botton tops that are the same steel color for the round accents.

15. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    I have real metal armor now buddy.........HOO HAH!

16. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Pictures?

17. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    Pictures of my armor?? Why dont you just come over to the new house and look at it in person and have some dinner and then install my surround sound...........

18. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    Could someone PM me Brian's Phone # or email plz? I kinda do want to get started back on my costume, or lack thereof...

19. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    K, PM me directions and a day and time

20. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Slight delay on my costume cloak. My sewing machine went on strike and is in the shop.

21. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    If you need one I have one out and ready 2 go (I never put it away, cause every time I do I end up needing it).

22. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Thanks for the offer, but I'll wait for mine. I've had it for more than 20 years and I'm attached to it.

23. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    I heard from Chris that the DSG Palpatine was making and selling latex masks. How can I get a hold of him? I have no clue what to do.

If this isnt something that can be posted publicly, I understand, but sould someone PM me?

24. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Ill try and find out for you Mike

We want to schedule an armor building party, Damian has to set up his scout and I am going to modify my TK, if the at at driver armor comes in in time, we'll work on that to

25. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Jack.. maybe this will help in some way

http://www.MakingWookie.co.uk

Also, anyone C this? I have no clue what it looks like from the LFL site. Black Royal Guard with a lightsaber pike?

http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/member/secrets/2006/12/secrets20061206.html

Toy Image: [image=http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/hal9k1/BlackGuardSaberPike.jpg] Best I could find.

If this is what it really looks like and it's Lucas cannon, I'm making one! I have Black Velvet already and ALL I'd need is another bucket and the pike saber, I have black everything else.