main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson I wanna be a jedi /imperial/trooper and/or sith thread--- costumes

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Sep 6, 2005.

1. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Cathie, try looking at a bald cap at a cotume shop, and see if that would work

frankie, Ill send you some great links on making a fett, but the JCPenney online site has a great jumpsuit that can be modified, otherwise try starfortressproductions.com
    Or ebay for armor, do a search for fett armor

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    the cost for the armor party was beer, food, and cost of materials. That is all.. I will send Jen an email letting her know we are interested in total cost and how to go about getting with Bill to do this.

3. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    we just got in from hitting three costume stores.. none of which had anything useful.. however I found a beautiful Jedi cloak for $200 at Chilvalry Sports if any of us can afford it!! I want it for Jake.. but we can't get it in time for Halloween.. Perhaps in time for a Christmas event we can. But have a look at it.. I will find the link and post it here.. so much better than what I stamped out.. though admittedly.. I stamped out two robes in one day.. so not bad for my very first sewing attempt in my opinion.

I bought a bald cap to work with.. Jake and I are now comparing the headpiece we already have with the headpiece's other people made and the original shaak ti from the movie.

4. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Jake has been studying shaak ti photos and has decided to buy new upholstery foam and start over.. thinking he can get it more accurate this time.. then his idea is to spray a coating of Plastidip.. sure grip.. one of these items on it.. if I use the rough feeling one.. it will take airbrushing better for the paintjob.. and then we will make new tentacles out of material and fill them with styrobeads/rice and spray them with this same sure grip stuff that attaches to material.. should work well.. then if Dustin can airbrush it for me.. then I will attach the jewels to it.. and then WW can ask if his family makeup person can help me with the face makeup!! should all work out well.

plastidip brochure

5. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I don't know if you've seen this review of the Rubies vader so here it is

http://www.wackychimp.com/supremevader/

6. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Thanks for the link Damien, overall the review is still good to me and Im gonna get it, maybe i can make molds off of the shoulder armor and the shin gaurds and learn to cast them in fiberglass myself.

Cathie, would you also get an address to send the DVD of the event to Jen?

7. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2005
    I would suggest going with the vader costume and then altering it to make it movie quality.

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    How about black out contact lenses for shaak ti? they are expensive.. but what an awesome touch!!

what did you think about the plastic spray items? I think the textured rough one would be great for the headpiece as it would be textured.. like horns and tentacles should be.. kind of like reptilian skin.

9. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    http://www.dagobahswamp.com/projects/

This link looks like it might have some usefull information

10. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Damien! I think a rebel pilot would be awesome for you bud, and much more dignified than a JAwa! Althogh less...um cute? If you bought your own jumpsuit everything else can be borrowed

11. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Hal, that is a great link. I especially like the little models of the scenes of ESB. Check em' out.

12. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    Maybe I missed something, but, what exactly is the armor party?

13. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    We all get together to learn to make armor, and make it

14. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    the Vader is ordered! With luck ill have him by the meeting!

15. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    DON'T BE DISRESPECTING TEH JAWA!!!!! 8-}

woot! w00t! and w00t!

16. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    http://p083.ezboard.com/ftheukproppartyfrm2.showMessage?topicID=1493.topic

Another vader review/comparison

17. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    SWEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    sweet, can't wait

19. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Ok, It looks like Lowns dropped the ball. I ordered a Jango Collectors helmet, and a Clone Collectors (ep2)..neither came, and I am not nessesarilly upset about that...let me explain: I was doing reserch on the Rubies Clone Helmet and found that it is WAAAAAY too small...it would look wierd with clone armor, especially on me. So I am glad it didnt come in..On the other hand..I DID need the Jango. I was there when Mike called Rubies and secured the order..and they were in stock at the time...they didnt send the Jango because it is now back ordered..??? Weird.....oh well. So I went of creative Costumes and picked up a Jango 2 piece for 60 bucks less than the collectors helm..but it needs work, which I can handle.

The other thing is, I went to Millers and picked up the orange flight suit, some black straps for the chest computer, and some material to make the bib...then I went to Lowns ^^^ to pick up the X-wing fighter pilot red leader helmet....it was GONE!!!! I saw that helmet there a full year ago on the shelf, and when I finally ecame interrested in buying it, someone bought it! Talk about crappy luck. Well, I have alot to do to get the Jango to looking good, and Cat is looking in on getting us ready for an armor party...YAY! The Varde, the Jango, and the ARC Trooper ar in the works!!! Dont forget Shakk Ti, Jawa, and a few others in the works...looks like we are gonna look good!

20. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Awesome looks like its going to be a great line up and Halloween event! Hey Frankie, just buy a helmet off of Ebay (if you dont have a Paypal account I can do it for you), Lowns almost doubles the price for the same thing, check out the link I sent above, and I have the gloves covered, and I also have an old shotgun shell black bandalero which would work great for the leg garter.
    I emailed a guy who makes accurate chest boxes, and he said it would cost 77$ (!), I saw one on Ebay for not much cheaper at 60. It proable wouldnt be hard to make, but, check out http://jedi-academy.com/rebel_pilot_tips.html
    and

http://www.starfortressproductions.com/swtherebellion.html

21. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    kewl.. this all sounds awesome. I am emailing Jen again this morning.. and calling her this afternoon.. as she is at work right now.

Right now I am laying down for a few hours.. but not like yesterday.. I will be up and functional by 4pm. Which will only be 8 hours sleep.. so that is not so bad.

22. WookieWallaby

WookieWallaby Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
    Hi, everybody. Don't get a chance to go online everyday, so will try to catch up on everything right now.
    CATHY - have talked to my niece about helping with make-up tips and such. She is INTERESTED. Do not know if she would do it for freebie, or if there would be a charge (or what the amount would be). She MIGHT (pure speculation at this moment) be willing to do a FREE TUTORIAL on overall make-up advice, say at a group meeting, then, depending on the complexity of the individual's problem, she MIGHT charge for her assistance. Obviously, make-up is not an issue to masked/helmeted folk, but it sounds more and more like folks are wanting multi-costume options.

Speaking of which...

I WANNA BE A STORMTROOPER! I will always keep the wookie as my "unique" costume, but in the STAR WARS universe, one can never have too many 'troopers. They are to STAR WARS what the "red shirts" were to STAR TREK TOS...(EXPENDABLE!!!).
    Anybody got a ballpark cost figure on the outfits yet? Also when would it be done?

FYI - The last film my niece did make-up on was an indie film called "EARNIE". With your permission, Cathy, I will give her your number or with her permission I will give you her number, and the two of you can hash out the details sometime this weekend, as time is of the essence.

Finally, DSJ - Aside from my appetite, what can I bring to "CHILI-CON"? Chips, salsa, tortillas, antacid, let me know.
    HAL - I, too, have a pair of black gloves I can no longer wear. They are (were?) a size large, and they have about a foot-long black vinyl extention on the rear (where else would you put an extention on a glove?). I used them a long time ago for a cheapy Vader outfit I had. Can't think of any other info or questions to add, so adios, compadres.

23. WookieWallaby

WookieWallaby Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
    Where are my manners? THANKS for the wookie links!

24. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    UPDATE: Apparently Lowns DID place the order with another company besides Rubies, and my shipment of Clone trooper and Jango will be here today at 2:45pm. So the person working for Mike(nameless)was misinformed about my helmets not being there yesterday and on back order...because they arrive today. (I really dont like stupid people) Well this kinda makes me look bad because when I got the news yesterday that "they didnt send my helmets being on back order...whatever" I placed an order on ebay for a custom Clone Republic Commando Arc Trooper Lt for 360 bucks. (I know..pricey..but wait till you see it!) so now I am a man of my word and went to Lowns to tell Mike that the mess up was with his employee..and miss information, so needless to say he got upset. I told him I would buy the Jango and pay for the shipping but the Clone helmet is a little small to make an adult costume with...so I will have to buy that at a later date..again, being a man of my word. (when I have more money)

So there is the update on this fiasco...now to scrape up some more money for my armor....

25. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    what frustrations you are in Mugen. How large/small is this helmet.. could it be used to make a costume for a younger trooper.. or shorter trooper.

WW I will text you my number so you can give it to your relative.

I am awaiting hearing back from Jen.. she said she will be in touch with the information we need.

I think that covered everyone.