main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson I wanna be a jedi /imperial/trooper and/or sith thread--- costumes

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Update update: Out of honor, I purchased both helmets, even though that leaves me close to penniless. :( Good news..the Clone Helmet is the alright size...I guess Rubies made tham bigger...and not so good news..the Republic Commando helmet might not be here for 4-5 weeks. so the Clone helmet will have to do till it comes. I just need to pad it and re paint it. The armor party....something occured to me...can they make Clone armor too? or just Storm trooper armor? Storm troooper armor will not work with my Clone or Republic commando helmets....Is it possible to ask them Cat? Thanx. It wasnt soo bad after all. [:D]

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    they make all armor. did you not see the photos.. go to our photo bucket.. they made all of that armor.. the clone trooper, storm trooper.. sand trooper.. all of it. The only thing I am not sure about is Vader Armor.. but Bill does all the trooper armor.. OT and PT.

you now have a lot of helmets!!!

wow

we need to put together some costumes for sure.

3. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    WW, have you considered another form of trooper who migh tbe "easier" than a full trooper for now?

For instance here are some "easy" troopers that just wear helmets and jumpsuits

Death Star Gunner
    http://jedi-academy.com/imp_gunner_tips.html (helmet would be pricey because it is rare)

Tie Pilot
    http://jedi-academy.com/tiepilot_tips.html

and a rebel fleet trooper

out of all of these just the helmets really get pricey, otherwise the rest are jumpsuits, vests, and other "soft parts which are easily made or bought.

4. WookieWallaby

WookieWallaby Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
    Dustin, I want more than one costume (Wookie). I also want a 'trooper uniform (depending on the cost). Right now I am concentrating on my Wookie. Boy, could that last line be taken the wrong way!

5. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Cool, WW, a head to toe trooper including soft parts will cost around 600, the ones above should come in around 200 or less if you wanted something super quick. Im tempted to see if I can come up with enough for a tie pilot to have an extra costume in the club

6. WookieWallaby

WookieWallaby Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
    600 smackers!?! Boy, the ardor to be a 'trooper has cooled down considerably. But by next year the 'trooper should be doable. Like I said, you can never have too many 'troopers.

7. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Sweet. Clone Trooper Armor from ep2 and Clone Wars is the way to be. 600 for it all, that is awesome. I plan on having the 600 for this in 2 weeks. I still have to get the armor kit for teh Jango vest...

8. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    WW thats actually cheap! awesome frankie, cathie can get you in touch with the dsg for the armor building unfortunatly i cant just yet but i have gotten authorization to buy a tie fighter helmet! my wife rules, that should be easy because the rest of the costume is just a jumpsuit i have everything else we need, so the club has another costume if needed!

9. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    I saw some black Flight suits at Millers Surplus for 35 bucks..in alot of sizes too..from m,l,xl,xxl,xxxl!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Yes I have contacted DSG... they will be calling me back.

11. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Although the Clone Trooper Armor from ep 2 will be great, The armor I am truly going for is the Republic Commando. They are big guys (like me) and work within the shadows...they actually have a really cool story behind them, and the 501st has a section of guys that troop..or plan too in Republic Commando. The commandos are a fairly new concept in armor and helmets...they dont even have a "mock up" of the armor yet...but with some customizing and a little love I can transform the ep2 clone armor into republic commando armor.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/starwarsrepubliccommando/screens.html?page=21

12. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Awesome thanks frankie, Im there! SO if anyone wants to be a Tie Pilot, Ill have the costume!

13. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Alrighty friends..I was unsure where to put this, as thee seemed to be no set place, but considering this is a costume thread..why not:

I bought a Jango Fett helmet from Lowns, then a person a Lowns told me they didnt order my helmet..so I went and bought another one from creative costumes. The Lowns Jango helmet came in as promised, so needless to say, I had to buy it out of honor. So I have 2 Jango Fett helmets and could use the money....I paid 109.99 + tax for it, but I would take 75 dollars for it. It brand new and in the box, here is a pic:
    http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/Rubies_Jango_Fett.jpg

14. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Can't you take the helmet back (to either place)?

15. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    nah I cant take the helmet back....Rubies might take it back for some store credit though...hmmmm

16. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    If only I had the cash I would go for it, but I blew my wad on the Vader and Tie Helmet. Ill let me friend from the squad know though, otherwise Id recommend Ebay!

17. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    cool, thx. Ebay..ugh.... [face_beatup]

18. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    ebay might be worth looking into.. you can set a limit for how low you will go.. that way your not out anything, or not out anymore than you want to be.

19. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    alrighty..I went ahead and bought some Jango Armor..this stuff is made of SINTRA!!!!!!!! Take a look! Just need to find blasters and holsters, then finish my helmet, and get the gauntlets.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-JANGO-FETT-STYLE-FAN-MADE-ARMOR_W0QQitemZ5238414085QQcategoryZ154QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

20. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Sweet frankie, Ive seen these listed and almost bought one set myself, whata re you doing for the jetpack?

Hey guys I posted a mapquest link to my house in the October meeting thread. I know it is going to be a drive for most so I post two routes.

21. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    I am thinking the jet pak is gonna take alot more time than we have...If I can find a place that has them and I have the money I'll buy it, if ZI can dedicate some time to making it I will..I have the instructions but I have sooo much to do yet, and Jango is still Jango..even without his jet pak (just not as cool)

22. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Check this out, cheap tall boots!

http://www.easterncoastcostume.com/Pages/StarWars20/sw05.htm

23. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
  24. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I missed Femtroopers.. said it was only available to members of the group