Tucson I wanna be a jedi /imperial/trooper and/or sith thread--- costumes

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Sep 6, 2005.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey frankie check this out:

http://www.imperial-fleet.com/BBC/

its got some awesome PVC tutorials, Im going to try and make the Stortrooper from ANH for my Tie Costume, but I still have to finish painting the helmet, figure out some armor, and modify the Rubies Vader. Im not going to paint the Vader, I just dont have time, but Im adding the velcro so it doesnt strangle me. Anyone have an sugestions on new lenses? I have dremeld down the edges to give me more of a wide view but its still like looking through murky water.
  2. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    WOW! That was a really good link. On another of the links you sent me, I found a guy who makes the Movie canon gauntlets..so I wont have to make them by scratch after all! They should be here on Tuesday around the time I get my blasters/holster! All I will have to do is put in the velcro, accessories, and paint them. All I need to do now is somehow motivate my sister in assisting with my vest...maybe the ole' Force choke would work....
  3. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    New members are coming! Hey guys Daniel aka: BrandlofUA, has said he and a buddy are interested in joining the TFF and want to come to Reid park! the cool thing is, he'd be bringing a sweet looking Boba fett (himself) and his buddy a Rubies Chewy! Check out the pics!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/eh_brandl/detail?.dir=b454&.dnm=7ef0.jpg&.src=ph
  4. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    SWEET! The more the scarier...errr...merrier. SO there is gonna be 2 Bobas there...one young and one old, and a poppa Fett too...geez a whole family of Fetts! Speaking of which..check this out..

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wesclone/detail?.dir=ea09&.dnm=6dd6.jpg&.src=ph

wish she was coming... [face_love]
  5. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    My kind of bounty hunter
  6. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    Can't wait to meet them. Making me really wish I had a decent shaak ti headpiece for friday night!!!
  7. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    Frankie is going to help me out and see if we can't get Shaak up and running by friday night.. I'll keep you posted.. but I am excited about it.. any thoughts you have let me see them tonight or tomorrow... I will shop for some cheap ways of fixing it tomorrow.. possibly.. rubber foam.. where could I buy a piece of rubbery foam.. has been suggested at the upholstery place.. but they did not have the rubbery foam last time.. so any other ideas for where... I will check fabric stores in the morning.. my original foam is not rubbery.. it is spongey.. any ideas on where.. Frankie has a kewl idea of gluing the headpiece to a smooth showercap so it stays on my head better.. and then using this rubbery foam.. or maybe even latex.. though I don't know a thing about latex and how to do it.. but I am entrusting myself to Frankie to help figure out the hard parts.. I'm just planning on wearing it! Joke[face_monkey]
    I plan on doing whatever Frankie tells me.. as long as I can afford it.

wish me last moments luck ya'll!!
  8. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
  9. BHG-Brandl Jedi Padawan

sounds cool, but its up in phx..... Makes me wish i had a car lol....do some gambling...maybe play some sabaac!
  10. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    I am up for it...depending on what date it is...there are gonna be some really good dressed people there just to let ya'll know...
  11. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I was thinking more of how fun it would be to see all the costumes.. with it being in Phoenix and the 501st having a garrison there.. not likely we have much of a chance to win a costume contest..

it is soon..this friday afternoon.. I would drive and go.. but my car is too iffy for a drive all the way to phoenix at this time.
  12. BHG-Brandl Jedi Padawan

whoever goes should take some pics...i would like to see who shows up :)
  13. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    as much as I don't want to... I have to forego the shaak ti making this evening.. I am still not feeling any better.. which really is the pits.. I have managed to do what needs to be done for Braiden's costume.. and Jake says if at all possible tomorrow he will help me work on the shaak ti headpiece..but for tonight.. I am just not feeling up to anything much other than what I have already accomplished.
  14. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Allright! Damage report! After the busiest weekend in the TFF's history, I need to reattatche my Vaders tusks, sand and paint the shin gaurds, fix the back zipper, replace the belt box belt, sand and repaint the helmet, get new boots with lifts, and the Tie pilot needs new lenses as does vader.....geez, its going to be mroe work getting ready for next year!

My next priority though is building blasters! My Tue needs one, Anyon want to have a blaster building party?
  15. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
  16. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I can do that. I have some sites that give ways to build blasters using normal ACE, Lowes, and Home Depot stuff.
  17. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    I found the perfect boot with lifts for Vader!

[image=http://www.easterncoastcostume.com/Pages/gogoboots/1903BK_500.jpg]
  18. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Seriously though, do you think these would make me too tall? I dont remember how tall vader was from helmet to floor, but these are the cheapest things ont he market and i could probably cut the sole down an inch or 2 if necessary

[image=http://static.zoovy.com/img/caboots/W237-H237-Bffffff/frankboot.jpg]
  19. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    oh wow!! Can I sport the christmas boots as well [face_whistling]

I think those other boots would work just fine.. how many inches are they.. I don't think we want you more than 6'5" at the most.. just my opinion though.

I am in for a party for costumes/props whatever.. just say when and where.. and by all means I volunteer the use of my home if need be.
  20. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    SWEET! Now we have a place to run a brothel, guys!!!!!!!!!! [face_dancing]
  21. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    Hmmmm? Now I'm a MADAM!! I can hang with that!![face_money_eyes] ;)
  22. WookieWallaby Jedi Knight

Well, I finally gave in to my darker side and purchased a Vader lightsaber. "The Wook" has some shades of Sith in him, after all.
  23. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I feel a dark cloud has risen over the "two suns" FF[face_hypnotized]
  24. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    dont act all innocent Cat...you know all about the Dark Side...you in the closet Sith, you. [face_beatup]
  25. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    O:) I do not have the faintest at what you mean [face_devil]
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby