Tucson I wanna be a jedi /imperial/trooper and/or sith thread--- costumes

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Sep 6, 2005.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
  2. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    check these troopers out Frankie, hey I think if you, I, and my buddy Tony from work get armor we should start our own 501st Tucson garrison
  3. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    oops, the link woulda been nice

http://www.legionxxiv.org/clone124/
  4. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Man, I wish I could fit into a stormtrooper outfit. I could be "Short Round" trooper, O, wait that was another film.
  5. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    That was my plan originally. I have to say that I will be Clone Trooper, and Republic Commando though. All the Storm Troopers were little guys.
  6. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
  7. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    tucsons own garrison.. now there is a truly awesome idea.. I could become an awesome trooper or something.. though I know I am money poor to make the costume.. time will tell what happens.. maybe Jake's taxes will be enough to do this.. My taxes are spoken for fixing the car and the wedding.
  8. TI-525 Jedi Knight

star 2
    you guys can be sith lords and stuff too, to start a garrison
    oh im clay by the way
    a member of the san diego fan force
    just thought i would drop by considering my dad lives in tuscon
    i have a tie pilot costume and am workin on a jedi costume
    and im 13
  9. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey Clay get ahold of us when you hit town! Id love to see another Tie Pilot here, and we can swap tips on the costume, I just finished mine so if you have any questions let me know! Yeah we can be sith lords and stuff, but the troopers are the draw. Plus actually being in the armor sold me.
  10. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey guys I just uploaded some more pics from the clinic to our photobucket site
  11. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    repost the photobucket link.. it's way too far back in the posts for me to find it..
  12. TI-525 Jedi Knight

star 2
    hey yeah im comin down for thanksgiving to be with my family in tuscon
    so maybe something cool could go down
  13. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    will you be here for the entire weekend.. we could certainly do something that weekend.. even if just a few of us.. I'm assuming you will be here that friday day after thanksgiving.. through what day.
  14. TI-525 Jedi Knight

star 2
    im coming down on monday and leaving on saturday
    i might not bring my costume
    but i might be done with my jedi costume and that will be easier to pack than a tie pilot costume
    my custom lightsaber will
    be done for sure so ill bring that
  15. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    http://photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/Halloween%202005/
  16. TI-525 Jedi Knight

star 2
    hey whats your armor made out of? and is that a rubies helmet?
    and also just in case i would cut the hoses a little just because they look a little long
    my armor is made out of ABS
    and i also have a rubies helmet,(if you have a rubies helmet) i straightened out the earwells for a video game convention and also painted it with some silver to give me a higher ranking pilot look
  17. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    My armor is made out of sintra, andit was a super quick job, I will eventually buy sme more sturdy ABS armor, but for now it gets me by, I know it is by no means complete. The elmet is a rubies and the only thing I have done to it is try and hand straighten it a bit since it was badly warped when I got it, replace the lenses, , add padding, and add metal ear greeblies, I still need to straighten the ear wells, and paint it so I also look like a higher ranking pilot, maybe if Im lucky before the food drive. I also need a Comm pad, holster, and blaster. I didnt have time to cut the hose tot he film accurate length, and I need to get a more movie accurate one this was the ebst i could do short notice.
  18. TI-525 Jedi Knight

star 2
    your costume looks really good though
  19. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    It was 9:26 am, I was at my computer looking for Celebration IV stuff when I questioned, "I wonder where my bucket is"? So I brought up UPS and entered my tracking number. It said that it was in Tucson, and on route to be delivered!!!!!! At that freakish moment, the doorbell rang. I jumped up, with great haste, and zoooooomed to the door. A box about 15" squared was sitting thier...almost smiling at me. I grabbed it up, read: "Frankie Perez" and went back to the dark computer room. I ripped off the tape and opened the flaps, pulled out all kinds of paper, stuffing and such and extracted a piece of art. The L.E.D. lighting switch must have been flipped during shipping, so all the helmet's lights were on as I gently pulled it from the confines of its paper box, it was almost a magic moment, and I could swear I heard the Republic Commando theme song as I held its goodness in my hands. It is a great day!!!!!!!!! Pics soon to follow. [face_praying] :eek:=P~ :D [face_dancing]
  20. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
  21. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    Pics! Pics! Pics! And if no pics I want to see it in person! Whats it made out of ABS?
  22. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4

Fiberglass, and auto paint...with some leds, and alot of love. This helmet was worth the $350.00 I spent. Now to get that armor made and modified. I dont have a didg cam to take pics!!!... :_|
  23. Mugen Jedi Master

star 4
    here you go fellas and ladies!!!! the RC helmet is 16 and 17 I think..

http://pak04.pictures.aol.com/NASApp/ygp/Login?event=TaskView&shareInfo=1uXYxRKKm4TG1WrSrVQkbkEycWdNl4PzI5WOmq91XCK%2fjFCnkV3ciA%3d%3d&selectedIndex=16
  24. TI-525 Jedi Knight

star 2
    oh well i didnt get to see you guys
    maybe next time
  25. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    perhaps next time.. just let us know.

Mugen.. your helmet rules.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie