main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I want all of John Williams's Star Wars music. What exactly should I buy?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Binary_Sunset, Oct 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Poutine

Darth_Poutine Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2002
    I'm located in Canada and would very much like to get this Target exclusive "On the Conveyor Belt" track. Any of you guys can be of any help? I want it in WAV format, ripped from the cd, not some cheap MP3.

2. Blast

Blast Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2002
    If I own all 3 SE cd's is there any point for me to buy the 4 disc anthology? Or is everything(besides Yub-Yub and the original Jabba's palace dance number which I couldnt spell for my life)on the SE's?So to put it simply if I have the SE's would it be a waste of money to buy the anthology?

3. batvader

batvader Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Lapti Nek and Yab-Yab-whatever are the major differences. There are maybe some minor differences, but let someone that has the 1993 versions speak.

It maybe depends of your point of view. For a collector, they are worthy items (like the older releases), I still seek them, but if a less ''obsessed'' listener just wants only to have the best Classic Trilogy music available in a neat package, the SEs are fine I think. Lapti Nek and Yab-Yag aren't worth several dollars.

I would recommend you to get ''John Williams Conducts John Williams: The Star Wars Trilogy'' as an additional CD for your car though. Copy and paste the link.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000002712/qid=1044635627/sr=8-8/ref=sr_8_8/103-6005020-3211848?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

4. TenorAprentice

TenorAprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I had the anthology before i ever had the SE cd's, and I still think that the anthology is a great find...some of the cues that are broken up and edited together in the SE cd's are whole in the anthology, plus I like having only 4 cd's in my car. anywho, it isn't a ton more that you get, but it is just a different presentation.

5. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I'd say you're safe with the SE releases. Only a completist like myself would need them all. Personally, I just kept my Anthology and added the SE releases to it when they came out in 1997. Might have something to do with the fact that my Anthology book is autographed by Mark Hamill.... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.