main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I want my city or my region to be recognized...

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by Darth_Adaul, Oct 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Adaul

Darth_Adaul Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2001
    How do I do this? I live in a small city called Sept-Iles, in the province of Quebec, Canada. I'd like to become a City Rep for my beautiful little town, or my region (Cote-Nord). In becoming a Rep i'd go around chat channels in from my area and promote this site, TF.N. I read the Fan Force FAQ, the part where it says "I'd make a great moderator! Can you list me as the moderator for my city?" I can't really do much of those things because there aren't any people from my area that come here, but I would do my best to promote this site and to help out in any way.

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
  3. Darth_Adaul

May 24, 2001
    Will do. :)

4. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Also, we don't select City Reps until the group becomes "official" (having three or more meetings/get-togethers with 3+ people in attendance). The CR is then chosen by his/her peers.

5. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Yeah, but lets face it. If you go to all the work of gathering the fan base, arranging the three meetings, and having them officially posted by your RSA, and you aren't selected as CR? :)

It could happen I guess, but generally I've found with most groups is, the best person to lead is the person with the most amount of energy and dedication.

6. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Usually, the selection for CR is pretty self-evident by the time the group gets official. Sometimes you have to choose between 2-3 people, but for the most part, it's not hard to tell.

7. Darth_Adaul

May 24, 2001
    I don't think that would be possible for me. There aren't any fans in Sept-Iles that I know of, I'll try some chats. But I think it would be easier to get people from my region.

8. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Sometimes you have to join a group from a nearby city (or get several nearby cities together) to get a group started. When I got started in FanForce, I had to join the Indianapolis group (about 50 miles from where I lived).

9. Darth_Adaul

May 24, 2001
    Have you ever met with the people from Indy?

10. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Several times. I was one of the original crew before it became official (back in the UBB days). I've also stopped by for a visit when I was visiting my parents in Indiana.

11. tigerldy

tigerldy Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2001
    Do the people that show up HAVE to be registered here? cause I live in a college town of Tuscaloosa, Alabama and we have meetings all the time usually 5 to 10 people show.

12. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I would say yes. I mean, if they really are fans, have them come to the boards! They will realize just how fun it really is. So, then.. you kill two birds with one stone. They are registered AND you gain a chapter. :D

13. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    It is a good idea to register and post on the forums. I know some people do not have the time or means to post on the boards.

14. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    And don't worry about the distances, the Swedish FF is just one group for the whole country.

15. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    do you have a Pippi Longstocking appreciation Club?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.