main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series I want some "evil" alien(s) as a good guy in rebels.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, Dec 27, 2013.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    We'll learn that Jar Jar was Palpatine's master, setting up the ST.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh hell.

(It'll probably happen though.)

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  3. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Galaxy_Series_6

[face_whistling]

[​IMG]

[face_devil]

4. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    I'd love to see former Separatists - Kaleesh, Neimoidians, Muuns and others. :D

5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Yousa given inta the dark side. Yousa bombad!

6. Pakkpekatt

Pakkpekatt Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2013
    A fat Gungan dark jedi relying on telekinesis and force lightning would be awesome.

Jesse Booth likes this.
  7. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Re: wishes for biological realism in the universe which reused old monster costumes and actually put an action figure on the shelf with the name "pruneface..."

[​IMG]

(why am I about to do this?)

I know this must sound crazy, but bear with me: as it turns out, humanoid reptiles and amphibians don't actually exist. Perhaps in the process of evolving into humanoids, they developed cross-genetic mammalian traits. There. Blur your eyes just the tiniest bit, and find satisfaction. But before taking a **** on animators and calling them childish, let's prep a load for post-1997 ILM in general, as they're the ones who gave us Greeata.

8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    How about Rakata and Red Sith?

9. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I can't think of many species in the films themselves that are generally regarded as bad, since in the OT all the bad guys were pretty much human aside from Jabba (and a lot of the species represented in his court have since been depicted in less malevolent roles).

In the PT it's really only the CIS species - in particular geonosians and neimoidians, that were universally represented as evil.

I think the opposite of seeing species generally represented as "good" being represented as "evil" would be more interesting, since there's more opportunities there, with species like Wookiees, Nautolan, Togruta, that IMO would be more interesting to see as evil than say a good Neimoidian. A good Hutt or trandoshan are really the only species that I think would be a very welcome and drastic deviation from the norm.

Jedi Knight Fett and Gamiel like this.
  10. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The Sith species would be a good one if it wasn't for the fact that they're extinct, or almost so, to the point that nobody ever encounters one, by the time of the movie era.

Contessa likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, and part of the point of Palpatine's takeover of the galaxy is that the Jedi were wholly unprepared for a Sith to take over in such a way--using stealth and disguise, and taking over the government.

A Sith species goes against that idea.

12. Pakkpekatt

Dec 28, 2013
    I hope Boll is some sort of Rakata.
    [​IMG]

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Rakata look a little different:

[​IMG]

Boll is a Bivall. And at least one male Bivall appears later in the series:

[​IMG]

Contessa likes this.
  14. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    In response to the OP, I would love to see some aliens as main characters. I've always advocated having aliens in prominent roles. Maybe we can even get an alien as the lead character for an arc or two? Hopefully an alien as a main character in the overall show. I think TCW did a pretty good job with this, with Ahsoka being very prominent, and the show even introducing tons of new alien species.

15. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    How about nonhuman GE officers? Grand Admiral Thrawn was said to be a rarity, but how many might their be scattered through the lower ranks? Captains, Commanders, Lieutenants... Warrant officers, crewmen / enlisted...

16. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Certainly EU sources have depicted aliens in the lower ranks as "rare but present".

In the Death Star novel, Chief Droot (Chief possibly being short for Master Chief Petty Officer) is on the same Star Destroyer as Master Chief Petty Officer Tenn Graneet- before Graneet gets transferred to the Death Star to run the superlaser crew- and Droot is a Chagrian (same species as Mas Amedda, the "Order! Order!" guy in TPM) : described as "one of the few aliens to rise to any kind of rank in the Imperial Navy".

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    What I would love to see Rebels do -- which the EU started on (i.e. Holonetnews.com and Dark Times comics) but never went anywhere with -- would be to have the Empire's anti-alien sentiment begin as a politically-instigated backlash against the former mostly-alien CIS. But if the EU decided to quit on the idea, I don't have much faith with Rebels pulling it off.

18. Pakkpekatt

Dec 28, 2013
    I forgot it was that.

19. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    That said- if Nemoidians are a "near-Duros" subspecies- maybe the Bivall can be a "near-Rakata" subspecies that evolved away from their parents.

Contessa, podjazd and darklordoftech like this.
  20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    That's exactly what I was about to say!

21. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    I sometimes wonder if some of the aliens that are essentially a pallette-swap of humans (Chiss, Miralians etc) but are otherwise physically indistinguishable might actually be humans. In a galaxy where humans have been around for probably 100,000 years at least, and have been spacefaring for much of that time, it's quite likely that humanity could split and evolve into several more "races" in addition to the four or five we know of on Earth. We have black people, white people, "yellow" (east asian) people, "red" people (NA's) and various "brown" peoples. But there is nothing to suggest that those ethnic groups that have evolved on our world are the limit of human diversification. A race of humans with blue skin and red eyes, or yellow-green skin and purple hair might well arise given the right environmental drives. As of yet in real life human experience this hasn't happened - but there is nothing to say that it couldn't.

kecen and darklordoftech like this.
  22. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The book The Unknown Regions states outright that this is the case- with the Chiss being the descendants of humans who landed their sleeper ship on the planet Csilla more than 27,000 years before A New Hope.

It also (as a roleplaying game book) has rules for customizing your own "near-human" races of this sort.

23. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I'd welcome more alien stuff and having "villain species" as good guys for diversity's sake. That said, even though it's sometimes been unnecessary or looked weird to see human features on aliens, like breasts on Mon Calamarians, I don't care about "it's not genetically possible"; to me it's more of a "people won't identify with characters that look too alien" or "fan service for males" view.

This thread actually reminds me of that old complaint about Ahsoka being "humanized" and not Togruta-looking enough. I remember some people even wondering if she was half-human. And TCW also gave us Basic-talking Greedo and no subtitles ever, something I still don't get. I think even the Lego shorts had subtitles in them.

24. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Would that contradict the EU if that was the case?

25. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008

Neimoidians have always been a Duros subspecies, so far as I know. To the point that before RotS was released people were speculating that the two 'Duros' in the cantina in ANH might be retconned into Gunray and Haako fleeing the war.