main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

i want to be scottish

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by garrettendi, Jul 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanSDM

PadawanSDM Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2000
    Patience young man - all will be revealed.

2. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    hey Padawan :)

Actually 4 years does make a big difference to a person. Time you get to 20 you will be very different to how you are now.

3. PadawanSDM

Sep 27, 2000
    And and by 20 you will likely still not have asked KD out.

How old are you LV?

4. garrettendi

garrettendi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    Not all people reach the same level of security and/or maturity at the same age.

Mozart wasn't even an adolescant when he first performed. Are you going to say that he was too immature to write beautiful music?

5. garrettendi

Nov 19, 2001
    LV's 20. According to her profile anyway :)

6. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    We are not talking about writing music, we are talking about being mature and your opinions. I do not know one person that at the age of 20 was the same as they were at 16.

21 next month :D

7. PadawanSDM

Sep 27, 2000
    I truly am the old man of these forums.

//grabs Zimmer ans heads off to the sunset.

8. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    awwww don't go :(

9. garrettendi

Nov 19, 2001
    I'm not saying that I wont be different at 20. I will. I'll like different things, and I'll talk to people about different things. But thats not maturity. Maturity is the way in which you handle something, whether it is an event or an opinion or anything. Maturity is gained by knowledge and intelligence. A 5 year old child who survived the Kososvan crisis and saw it first hand, is probably a lot more mature than a 90 year old who has spent all their life as a postman.

Maturity is not defined by age but by experience.

10. PadawanSDM

Sep 27, 2000
    Well I suppose someone here has to act grown up.

11. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    yes and no.

The older you are the more differently you will handle situations because of your experiences. And at 16 living in this country your not mature.....can be more mature than someone your age I know I am. But doesn't make your mature in general. I mean if you compared me to Cass I wouldn't be mature because I am only 20 and Cass has had more experience on life than I have. But me to you I would be mature.

12. garrettendi

Nov 19, 2001
    And If I compared you to a 5 year old kosovan survivor?

13. PadawanSDM

Sep 27, 2000
    I have a question - How mature is it to be discussing maturity in a I want to be Scottish Thread?

14. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    We are not talking about survivors we are talking about people your age.

15. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    hey kids, newsflash, I'm 36, I've travelled the world, got lost in Cairo at night, rode scooters through the New Delhi rush-hour, and still work as a journalist, interviewing heads of state, top scientists and royalty, having my work read by 50,000 people each week..... etc etc

and I'm still an immature **** :D

in my opinion maturity is realising that you aren't and possibly never will be mature...

the converse of that is that anyone who insists that they are mature, isn't [face_laugh]

Right Garret.

Go buy a bottle of whisky. I think you know what happens next .........

16. garrettendi

Nov 19, 2001
    But thats not the point !

Maturity is how someone understands/percieves/accepts life. And that can only be achieved by experience. Experience makes you mature. A young orphan from a war torn country that saw his/her own parents killed in gunfire would have a damned more mature outlook on life than you.

17. garrettendi

Nov 19, 2001
    Actually I dont think I am any more mature than the average person. I'm arguing against other peoples ageist opinions. I'm not trying to prove how mature I am, I'm trying to prove that age doesnt define maturity.

18. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    It's not always the case at 16 I was VERY immature. Though my father had died the year before my mother had mental issues so much she wasn't there and might as well been dead. And I was running a house by myself. But only in the last year have I started to grow up.

You keep reffering to Kosovo survivors well I knew some and believe me they were not mature. I do not care but anyone at 16 is not mature and still has alot of growing up to do, I am not saying I don't have any but I am just saying your not as mature as you think you are.

19. garrettendi

Nov 19, 2001
    okay, maturity is defined by age. But not everyone becomes emotionally mature at the same age.

Yes, LV, you probably are more mature than me, but thats not the point i'm trying to prove. I'm trying to prove that not all 16 year olds are as mature as each other. and i know some people younger than me that are more mature than me.

20. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    I said that ages ago. I said you are probably more mature than boys your age but it doesn't make you mature.

21. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    yaaaaaawn

there's a good possibility this circular discussion belongs on the English boards, you know.......

22. garrettendi

Nov 19, 2001
    okay. so we're all agreed that maturity is defined by age but not all people are mature as each other if they are at the same age. and i never meant that i was generally mature in the first place. when i said that i was "mature beyond my years" i meant that most 16 year old men are more immature than me.

and cant we at least accept that there are some people younger than any of us that are more mature than us? not all ten year olds (for example) are completely immature.

23. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    Thats exactly what I was thinking Gordy.

We don't want this inane drivel in here.

We're scottish and we're hard!

24. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    Grr at 16 your not a man lol

25. garrettendi

Nov 19, 2001
    what's the difference? it's only a word.

[face_devil]

man man man man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.