main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 I want to go to Celebration!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by DarthStarMan, Jun 5, 2018.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Saturday is the closest to selling out. Honestly, I'd buy whatever you can ticket wise right now.

DarthStarMan likes this.
  2. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I mean, that's honestly up to you. I'd hate to be the one to tell you to go buy all those expensive single day passes, only for you to ultimately not be able to come.

Just know that they are selling fast, Saturday especially. And that you shouldn't wait much longer IF you decide to go ahead and buy them. But it's your call.

DarthStarMan likes this.
  3. DarthStarMan

DarthStarMan Jedi Padawan

Jan 9, 2017
    Okay thanks guys! Definitely making me feel less stressed/chaotic!

Do you have a link to the onpeak? I can seem to find the right page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    DarthStarMan likes this.
  5. DarthStarMan

Jan 9, 2017
    Just another Q - because I’ve never really travelled outside countries near Aus and esp not alone! How much spending money would I need roughly - if I’m in Chicago for about a week with a day or two either side of Celebration?

6. DarthStarMan

Jan 9, 2017
    [​IMG]

For example - if I go ahead with this it won’t charge me anything until the time? But I think it has a policy where if you cancel to close to the date they charge that $200 or so deposit amount? Sorry just clarifying - have no experience doing this haha

7. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, they will charge you for one night about a month before the con. You can cancel with no penalty anytime before that.

DarthStarMan likes this.
  8. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Yes, you can cancel anytime without paying a cent and without penalty up until the date specified. It may be different for every hotel, so make sure you know what that date is for the one you reserved.

DarthStarMan likes this.
  9. DarthStarMan

Jan 9, 2017
    THANK YOU so much to everyone! I’ve booked my hotel! I’ve also bought the Thursday, Friday and Saturday tickets so far! Waiting a bit for Sunday and Monday.

SO EXCITED!!!!

teamhansolo and ChrisLyne like this.
  10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you have a debit card with a major ATM system (like Cirrus, Plus, or Link) you should be able to use ATMs in the US. (There will probably be a bank charge for this). If in doubt check with your bank. I know here in the UK you can buy prepaid US dollar cards that can be used in ATMs as well. (Note that some of these have expiry dates). If you haven't traveled outside the AU area I'd also inform your bank that you will be going overseas and give the dates. That way they shouldn't block your debit/credit cards on suspicion of fraud. (Do this closer to your travel dates).

11. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Another possibility would be to keep an eye out for other attendees who are looking to share a room. 3 of the last 5 Celebrations I have been to have been room share situations. The room cost anywhere from $1000-1200, but having 3-4 people to split the cost meant I only paid $300-400. Of course, this means you're sharing a hotel room with some people, but I have made some lasting friendships with the people I have shared rooms with and we had a lot of fun together both at Celebration and outside of it too.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  12. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    What arena will they be using? I'm not familiar with the area and all I saw on the SWCelebration web site was that they were using the West Building of the convention center.

13. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    They're using the Wintrust Arena for the Celebration (main) Stage. It's not actually part of McCormick Place, it's connected via sky bridges via the Marriott.

14. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Aaaaaaah, now I see. I saw the Wintrust Arena, but did not see the skybridges. Thanks.

ChrisLyne likes this.