main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC I Want To Honor You

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jabba-wocky, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    In all the years I've been here, there is one person I remember, though apparently not well enough. There is a person who slept straight on the floor, without mattress or pallet. I don't know what became of you. But you are glorious. I have always remembered and admired you. I have wished to hear of your experiences, and emulate your practices. I deeply regret that you have not received as much praise and respect on these forums as your exemplary life deserves. I will rectify that now.

Show yourself. Step forth if you sleep straight on the floor, and receive every reward you are due.

Point Given likes this.
  2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
  3. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    I have slept on the floor more times than I can count on one hand.

I shall take the opportunity to bask in your pure adoration, and am ready to provide you with a place to ship these rewards you speak of.

Ender Sai and Sith-Lord-Gunray like this.
  4. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    It was not you Magister Iacenorum. While that is commendable, this person slept straight on the floor all the time, as a matter of routine.

I'd also like to announce that I will be willing to repay those who are able to provide me useful leads to the identity of the one I am seeking.

5. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Why is this something worthy of honor?

6. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    People who sleep on the floor, without mattress or pallet, are stupid Wocky. Even homeless people with nothing have the good sense to build a little carboard box bed to sleep in. Is this like a self- flagellation thing? I thought only Catholics got into the whole religious sadomasochism thing?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    This is a simple lifestyle choice. It is a mark of humility and self-abasement. I would argue that it is environmentally conscious and economically prudent. More important than these, it builds character by keeping people from becoming too dependent on luxuries and modern convenience. There's a strong case to be made that this is a part of a healthy relationship-focused orientation that respects your fellow man.

Frank T. likes this.
  8. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Do you sleep on the floor?

9. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    I don't think it is fair to categorise a bed as a "luxury" or a "modern convenience". I mean beds were used in Ancient Egypt, Wocky.

10. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Not presently. That's why I want to learn from this person. To gain enough skill and courage to take a step into a more noble life.

Obi-Zahn Kenobi likes this.
  11. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I don't think it takes much skill to sleep on a floor.

12. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Wocky, I once slept on the floor when I got home drunk and fell asleep. I don't feel this is worthy of adulation though.

Also, *honour.

13. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Wocky I had no idea your greatest ambition was to be a Jain ascetic.

14. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    But what about the courage, harpua? I need their guidance.

Stop being jealous Ender.

15. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    It doesn't take courage to sleep on a floor either. All it takes is lying on a floor and going to sleep... nothing brave about it.

16. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    You don't understand anything.I mean moral courage. I'm not a good enough person to do it yet.

That is why I only want to speak to the one. They can make me better. Do you know them or not?

17. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I understand plenty of things. I've slept on plenty of floors, and I don't recall it ever involving courage or skill.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Jabba-wocky -- when there are insufficient hotel beds, I will generally sleep on the floor if there is not a couch available. This usually horrifies people into offering me bed space, but I would generally rather have my own space even if it means the floor.

Therefore, I demand you fall at your feet to worship me and my superior virtue. Honor demands it.

Ender Sai likes this.
  19. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    As I have told all of you, that certainly doesn't count. Any idiot can sleep on the floor because of circumstance. But there is one among us that sleeps on the floor by choice. As a matter of habit and regularity. They are the truth I seek.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    One does not quibble and and make vacilliating delineations when it comes to virtue, Wocky. You are stinting and therefore do not possess the magnanimity capable of praising your betters. You are unworthy. In fact, I bet the floor doesn't even want you to sleep on it. It would be repulsed by your cowardice.

harpua and Sarge like this.
  21. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    wocky, I have been holding the truth back from you. I do not own a bed. I can afford one, but I choose not to dishonor myself. I sleep on the cold concrete floor without any bedding. I wake up in excruciating pain every morning, but it's all worth it because I am closer to God or enlightenment or something.

Point Given , MrZAP, harpua and 4 others like this.
  22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I also sleep this way, to be closer to Darth Guy!

jp-30 and Zapdos like this.
  23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I also sleep this way, to be closer to Darth Guy!

24. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Jabba-wocky

There's been a groove developing in my bed for the past 2 months. Eventually, it may look like this:

[​IMG]

(minus Lucille Ball of course).

Where does that fit into your grand scheme of things? I need the answer!

25. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    i'm sorry to say that it's not me, wockster

Ender Sai likes this.
  26. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Wocky,

Does it make a difference if the floor is carpeted?

Yours truly,

darthcaedus1138