main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC I Want To Honor You

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jabba-wocky, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002

Her username does not reference the violent act that is the stapling of ostriches. Rather, it references her love for both staplers and ostriches.

Obi-Zahn Kenobi likes this.
  2. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Well, Yane thank you for conveying the message.

As for you Vivec, it is certainly not nice for you to come in here grousing and stealing the spotlight now. I made an open call to anyone who lies straight on the floor, and you kept silent all this time. Then, when we found a practitioner, you want to complain that no one praised you for a fact that you have kept hidden? Never mind that your claim seems only marginally better than Ender or Jello's, and that you haven't provided us with one of these Pakistanis that does habitually sleep straight on the floor.

3. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I know she considered socks to be a good back-up for menstruation if she was ever out of maxi-pads or tampons.

(What was that all about?)

Handmaiden Yané likes this.
  4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Welcome to three pages ago, Danthe.

MrZAP, jp-30 and Handmaiden Yané like this.
  5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    How dare you question my claim, Wocky. In another age, that would be grounds for beheading for high treason!

6. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    wocky, i know of a fellow on these boards who i have witnessed with my own two eyes sleep on the floor of a laundry room, willingly and without complaint, even when better lodgings were available.

Handmaiden Yané likes this.
  7. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Magister Iacenorum we have already determined you are unfit. Maybe you should try to learn about sleeping on the floor from Ostrich Stapler instead of trying to steal her glory.

8. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    So now we're saying that sleeping on the floor and having a carefully thought-out philosophy about it is better than sleeping on the floor for no apparent reason?

Ender Sai likes this.
  9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    OS, if you're reading this, nobody is going to accuse you of being a nazi... we just want to catch up. Wocky would also like the opportunity to honor you, and I think he really wants to know if you sleep with a pillow... it seems important.

10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Every time I read the thread title I think it's some sort of strange euphemism.

MrZAP and Darth_Invidious like this.
  11. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    i'm not talking about me, you dolt. i'm talking about that fellow with a duct tape obsession.

12. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002

She did read the thread, but I'm not sure why she's not posting. Perhaps she no longer knows her login information and I forget how it works with The Move and everything.

Anyway. I am not sure how JW will react to this, but OS actually sleeps on a mat these days. No pillow, but she stuffs the bag the mat came in and lays her head upon that instead. She still wears to bed what clothes she will wear the next day. She still doesn't have any furniture, though.

I also don't know if anyone will believe this, but the whole bit about using a sock in place of a maxi pad is a lie. OS has never used a sock in place of a maxi pad, tampon, or any other feminine hygiene product.

13. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Yes, because as we know, LOTS of Pakistanis post in the JCC that I can just summon.

14. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    What.

. . .

what

:(

Yane why are you doing this to me? I must hear it from her.

15. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    ****ing good... that's rank. :p

16. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I like seeing the death of dreams. Well, wocky's dreams.

17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I see that Wocky is devastated, particularly by that last bit.

However, I must still profess distress at insistence on using slept-in clothes.

MrZAP likes this.
  18. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    In the army, Jello, I'd often wear the same clothes for a few days. Nasty in East Timor too, with the heat and humidity. It happens though. When needs dictate and all that, sport.

19. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I just feel like I want to be alone right now.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  20. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Here wocky... go to your happy place...

LostOnHoth likes this.
  21. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    And, hey, if nothing else, there's always the Sokushinbutsu. Those guys perfected the honorable asceticism thing.

22. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I have no clue what this thread is about. [face_plain]

23. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Do you want to be alone with or without a mattress?

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes -- dictated by circumstance, not by preference. Therein lies the difference: voluntariness. One might also sleep on the floor if required, but to prefer it is folly.

Wocky would have us think that abjuring comfort is honorable when it is unnecessary, but I say that's foolish.

25. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    The Corleones would go to the mattresses.

Ramza likes this.