main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi I want to know what happened to the plans they sent you.

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by AlphaLeonis, May 26, 2014.

1. AlphaLeonis

AlphaLeonis Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2014
    Actually, I don't really care about the plans. I just wanted to say that.

Well anyhoot, I'm not really good at these introduction things, so I'll just say this. I'm AlphaLeonis, 20 years old, central Florida, mechanical engineering student. That should cover the basics. I've been into star wars since the original Battlefront game back in 2004, so I've been a fan for about half my life. My interest has died down in recent years, though with the new movies on the horizon, I'm hoping to get back into the galaxy I've happily grown up in.

So... that's about it, for now. There is one thing I want to ask. I've wanted to start reading some of the EU books, but I'm daunted by the sheer number of them. Where exactly should I begin? Any recommendations?

Pensivia likes this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Welcome aboard Alpha! For EU your best bet is the Thrawn Trilogy. It's a great story set a few years after Return of the Jedi and really captures the feel of the movies in book form.

If you want any further suggestions, you should check out the Lit forum, and this thread in particular. [face_peace]

3. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Welcome, AlphaLeonis! I got a kick out of the title you used for your welcome thread:), and it made me think that you might enjoy this little YouTube audio of what happens when Vader calls a phone company's customer service line (he starts off by using the "plans" line):

4. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Welcome! I just ventured into the EU myself. I started with truce at Bakura, which begins the second Return of the Jedi ends. There's lots of great stuff to read though!

5. Brady2121

Brady2121 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2014
    Welcome to the forums! Nice title by the way ^:)^ I hope you enjoy your time here!

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome to the JC! You can't go wrong with Truce at Bakura or the Thrawn trilogy, though I do highly recommend checking out the thread Todd the Jedi linked to -- it has loads of useful info!