main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"I want to learn the ways of the U.K. and be a nutter like my father"

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by F16WarBird, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

I'd like to see how quick B-Liar would have signed us up if Ewan was in the Army. Dont get me started on Bliar, I wouldnt pi** on him if he was on fire. My mum and dad spent a fortune kitting out my sisters for Iraq becuase the army issue stuff was just not up the job. My sisters & brothers in laws are in the signals, its their job to communicate, SO GIVE THEM RADIOS THAT WORK! The radios were so out of date they couldnt cope and they were having to rely on their mobile phones, however, when news of the bad equipment and shortages got back to the UK press they were threatened with ALL personel to hand in their mobiles to stop the press stories. They tried it but realised comms were down becuase they didnt have their phones to use! One sister was not issued with desert combats for 5 months! When my dad complained to our MP, she said they were all issued with them but whether they chose to wear it or not was up to them !!! HELLO who in their right mind wants to wander around a war zone in their euro- green kit and stick out like a sore thumb. Basically army families were called liars when we complained about kit etc. *pant* *pant*
    I'm just so jaded with politics and politicians in general. Does it matter who you vote for, nothing will change, they are all in it for them selves, you show me a politian who actually thinks what is best for the country first, and I will eat my own leg.

2. nathan_sith

nathan_sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2004
    that's disgusting, but sadly not unexpected of this government.

yeah ninja, wolverhampton-sunny wolverhampton!! you're clearly a better man than me, working the pub circuit's bad enough, but to have worked in the old gold pit itself- i feel for you man!

3. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 23, 2005
    I just felt I had to applaud veritas' rant:

=D==D==D==D==D=

4. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Wow! I had no idea. Sounds like what our Army dealt with in Vietnam with substandard equipment, lousy communication from the top down, and poor supply issue.

What are the 3 top selling beers in the UK?

5. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004

Top 3 beers, I bet, wife beater has to be in there; AKA Stella.

Not wanting to harp on Joe, but the The Americans my sisters were in contact with called the british troops 'the borrowers' LOL. Bless'em.

6. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I'd say the top three selling beers in the UK are:

Like Vez said, Wife Beater - Stella Artois, then Carling, and then I think Budweiser would be third. I'll look into it.

7. nathan_sith

Oct 23, 2004
    well, seeing as you can't really class lindon as part of the UK (world of its own!) i think some real ales & bitters might just get a look in, and of course, the black stuff!

8. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    That's not the same Budweiser crap we have over here is it? I hope it's the Czech stuff (Budvar).

9. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    No, Joe. I'm afraid it is the watered down urinal fluid you call Bud. True. True.

Why, oh why, won't they sell Samuel Adams here?

10. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Ugh!! Crudweiser!

I am really shocked that it's not only sold over there, but it's popular.

Sammy is good. Some of the local breweries in my area are excellent. Yard's, Victory, Flying Fish, and Stoudt's are top notch!

11. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    I used to drink nothing but Newcastle Brown Ale at one point the stuff was fab... have you ever had that?

Preferably with a JD chaster... is it any wonder I cannot remember half of my teenage years? :p

12. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    I've had Newcastle before. But it was imported. I've never had it domestic. I'm sure it's better over there.

I used to drink Theakston's Old Peculiar a lot, but it was $45 USD a case. Too expensive except on special occasions. Sam Smith's is another brewery I like. The oatmeal stout is excellent.

13. Stormtrooper_fan

Aug 23, 2003
    I was rather fond of Honey based drinks too such as Mead... but there was an Ale called Waggledance which was absolutely fantastic... loved that. I also used to like the Double Chocolate Stout they used to see but as I'm allergic to Cocoa nowadays and don't drink anymore... :_|

14. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Can you take booze on the plane? Only reason I ask is that we could bring a couple over for F16 on the celebration trip if you can.

15. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
  16. Stormtrooper_fan

Aug 23, 2003
    Watch out Joe they just want to get you drunk and take photos of you in compromising positions with Ewoks and Jawas :D

There's a good few beer / ale festivals springing up around and about England recently so if you ever plan to come over perhaps you could plan it at a time when there's a good festival?

Here's a quick (and probably wierd question) do you know anywhere I could get a Philly Car licence plate from?

... see I'm a complete nerd and I collect American car licence plates and am aiming to get one from each state, my kitchen wall holds my collection at the moment ;)

17. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004

Hmmmm, Joe, some of those beers sound good. How about a swop if we can get beers on the plane? Sam. Adams has been my saviour in the past over in the US, as I cant drink lagers like Bud, stella. Nothing medical, they are just crap!

We have a trader at the re-enactment events called 'The Drunken Monk' (he dresses as a monk, you see what he did there ??) And he makes THE best Mead in the world, its ambrosia.

18. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Watch out Joe they just want to get you drunk and take photos of you in compromising positions with Ewoks and Jawas

Oh, as if there's anyone left that DOESN'T have those pictures. [face_laugh]

You could probably find a Pennsylvania license plate on eBay. I don't have one, well, except for the one on my rear bumper.

I had a really cool one, a few years ago. It was STRT JKT (Straight Jacket). :D

Vez,
    I would be up for a swap. Just let me know what styles to bring (IPA, stout, etc). I'll bring the local stuff I mentioned. They'll more than likely have Samuel Adam's at the bars at C3. ;)

19. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    Cool, I'll see what we can bring through customs (if any) and post you whats available, me and J can bring some.

20. Stormtrooper_fan

Aug 23, 2003
    Oh, as if there's anyone left that DOESN'T have those pictures.

*Raises eyebrow*

You could probably find a Pennsylvania license plate on eBay. I don't have one, well, except for the one on my rear bumper.

I've just looked on there and there are a couple so I've put a bid on them :D Failing that... if yours dissapears one night [face_mischief]

I had a really cool one, a few years ago. It was STRT JKT (Straight Jacket).

Ohhh YES! Now that's a licence plate I would love to have... but it suits you so well [face_laugh]

The most exciting one I had was F768 JNE, Jayne being my middle name and JNE being the plate number exciting... no? LOL

21. nathan_sith

Oct 23, 2004
    budvar, we used to sell that in my old pub, very nice it was too, newcy brown is still good but its getting harder to find pubs with fridges the right temp to do it justice.

lager on the whole is crap, but when you're out on the lash you generally need to last longer than 5 pints of hobgoblin will allow!

22. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I was in Newquay last week on a surfing holiday and out of the dozens of clubs we crawled into, only one sold Brown Ale :(

I was devastated at the shortage of my native drink

23. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    I've seen a reference made to this quite a few times on here. I'm completely ignorant about this one:

What is a Chav?

24. Stormtrooper_fan

Aug 23, 2003
  25. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    [image=http://images.urbandictionary.com/view/large/12862.jpg]

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHBHAHHAHAH

*breathe*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAQAH

Thread Status: