main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I want to play the coolest SW games. What should I buy?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth_Angelus, Nov 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Angelus

Darth_Angelus Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2001
    Does SW Galaxies have anything to do with Medal of Honour? (Another must-have, that is not SW related but I will definately want it)

2. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    If you have the cash, I'd definitely upgrade your PC. Few console Star Wars Games can compare to the past, present, and future SW games on the PC. If you don't have the dough, the Xbox is your best bet for the reasons RBE is stating.

SWG has absolutely nothing to do with Medal of Honor... completely opposite ends of the spectrum of gaming. MoH is a first person shooter, SWG is an online role playing game.

3. Jedi_Whoremaster

Jedi_Whoremaster Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2002
    Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds is a very good game, and using the old Age of Empires 2 engine should run OK as well. Also, recently out is the Galactic Battlegrounds "Saga" pack, with GB and the Clone Campaigns, and you shoul be able to pick it up at a decent price. It is an excellent game, with a top Star Wars soundtrack to boot, and a must for multiplayer (if you have a LAN network, you only need one copy of the game as well!). Good Star Wars atmosphere as well

4. Skimaniac87

Skimaniac87 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 21, 2002
    I really like Jedi knight II Jedi outcast a lot! Lightsaber fights and much more, good game.

5. Invid_Clone

Invid_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    My experience with SW games so far is that the PC games are the better offerings when comparing them to console ports. I've always upgraded my PC in order to play a SW games. I'm an Uber-Geek, but so what. :p First, it was for X-Wing Alliance. And more recently now, for Jedi Outcast. With Galaxies and KOTOR coming out soon, I feel the inevitable draw to upgrade my already ancient PC once again.

By the way, speaking of upgrades, I know that some of the classic games do not run properly on WinXP. Is there a link to a page or thread that covers this subject?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.