JCC I want to watch Batman & Robin

Discussion in 'Community' started by I Are The Internets, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    If you watch the animated series, you'll feel better Interwubs.
  2. burrisjedimaster1 Force Ghost

star 4
    [IMG]Well, if you do here is Bane v1
    Drac39 likes this.
  3. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    I really need to. Mask of the Phantasm was excellent, and if the animated series is even half as good as that film, I'll be in for a huge treat.
  4. V-2 Force Ghost

star 4
    I quite like it.

It's not a bad film you'd never want to see again like Supergirl, The Return Of Swamp Thing, Catwoman, Green Lantern or Man Of Steel. It's a bad film like Batman: The Movie, Superman (1, 2 3 and 4), Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Watchmen and V For Vendetta.
    CT-867-5309 likes this.
  5. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    V2, what? Speak English man.

Internuts, I suggest you get the episode Heart of Ice and see how you feel about it after that.
  6. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Today on the Internet: people ask if the perpetually-recommended Batman: The Animated Series is any good.
  7. V-2 Force Ghost

star 4
    I believe I do (I write it too).
  8. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    You appear to have suggested Superman: The Movie and The Dark Knight were bad films. I mistook it for Spanish or just crazy, homeless person talk. Are you homeless? On drugs?
  9. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Yeah I'd never want to see League of Extraordinary Gentlemen ever again. It was so obnoxiously stupid and made absolutely no goddamned sense. How the **** is Captain Nemo's ship supposed to fit in Venice? And what the **** was that crazy homeless guy doing on Sean Connery's grave at the end?
    V-2 likes this.
  10. duende Force Ghost

star 5
    did you watch it yet? if so, how was it?
  11. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6

Also a bad way for Sean Connery to end his career on
  12. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6

Well, the Invisible Man should've been a dead giveaway - how's that even possible? It's not like anyone would write a book about that, right? What an absurd concept.
    V-2 likes this.
  13. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Except he made a film after.
  14. duende Force Ghost

star 5
    yeah, it was called "o, pup!"
  15. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Or "Billy" I think. Looked awful.
  16. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    At some point I'll watch it. Preferably on a Friday or Saturday night after I have downed half a bottle of guava flavored Cruzan rum. Now that's the stuff!
  17. V-2 Force Ghost

star 4
    I might be on drugs but I'm a home owner, I'll have you know. [face_not_talking]

Superman 1 is cheese. Possibly just as cheesy as 2, which is half as cheesy as 3, which is almost as cheesy as 4. And I just noticed that's a Fibonacci sequence, excluding the zero. Huh... Anyway, they're not great films IMO. Too much about them is ridiculous even for one of the sillier Superman stories. Krypto could have turned up and it wouldn't have affected the tone. Hammy acting, cheesy scripts, cheap sets, cheap FX, they are big dumb movies. They're lots of fun, though. Good theme music.

The Dark Knight could have been two good films, but the script is a mess. It's quite densely written - nothing wrong with that per se, but the two (main) supervillain story lines barely intersect. There's no unique message in the telling of both stories that couldn't have been expressed by telling either one of them. It's as if equal creative and editorial forces were colliding and the plot exploded in different directions. It has some great moments, the heist, for example. It's a fun ride, but it's one of those films that keeps going 45 minutes after they could/should have ended. It's a great film to stick on repeat and doze off to, like Lynch's Dune.

@I Are The Internets
    Re: LXG
    It's a **** film, but it's camp fun and I like it.
  18. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    You...you....you just compared TDK to Lynch's Dune....I...I....how can you....
  19. V-2 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm just trying to encourage you to watch Batman & Robin.
  20. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    I wonder if I can livestream it on Netflix?
  21. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Just watch the damn movie if you want to.
  22. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    I can rent it at the library! All of my worries are gone!
  23. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6

How can you not love coked-up Carrie Fischer singing some kind of life-day-song-thing?!!!!

Seriously, though, I saw it on it's original airing, and you know what? I loved it. The "special" itself was largely forgettable, but at a time when video-cassette rental and cable TV were both in their infancy it was awesome to see the clips of the movie again.

And again, Carrie Fischer singing. And Chewbacca in a red dress. What's not to love?
  24. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Okay, I hadn't heard about the "Chewy in a dress' deal. Now I'm going to have nightmares just from that description.[face_sick]
  25. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
    It was actually my icon/avatar for quite a while on the old site. Always made me chuckle when Lucas's would talk about his "vision".

[IMG]

And for good measure
    V-2 likes this.