main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga I Want You to Know - Qui-Gon Jinn (One Shot) [Post ROTS]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by darksideyesplease, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    I want you to know

You were my friend, student, and in many ways a son to me. That?s why I want you to know.

I want you to know that you did not fail him. I never wanted to put you in that situation. But I felt as if I had no choice. I asked you to train him. The Jedi Council trusted my judgment even if they didn?t always commend of my course of action.

So if anyone is at fault it is me, my friend. Look what I have put you through. You now must flee and live as if you do not exist. No man deserves that fate, no man deserves to live that doom. Not even a common sith.

I know you have many queries and I could have answered them for you. But you could not hear me. Only at the end did our beloved master hear my voice.

I called out to you all but it must have been the will of the force to why you couldn?t hear my cries. I tried to caution you. I want you to know that. I tried to save you, my former padawan. I tried to save everything, alas in that moment I was not strong enough. Just as I was not strong enough to defeat the Sith presence all those years ago. But you were.

For years you thought that you came ever close to touching the dark disease. That you gave into your anger to slay that foul-tainted beast that looked as if he came from the nadir of Korriban.

Again, I want you to know that was not the case. Obi-Wan Kenobi does not know anything of the dark side. As I predicted you are a wiser man than I and a truly great Jedi Knight. Take away the presence of the force and your lightsaber and still sits a great man in this hut on Tatoonie. To lose Anakin, you did not fail. You did not fail at being what you were. Above all other things, Obi-Wan, you are a great man.

When you ?avenged? my death; that was not of darkness my friend. I want you to know.

You served as a Knight that day my friend. You protected many innocent lives; lives far more innocent than myself.

Because of you, children were allowed to grow and mature, that otherwise might not have had that chance. Because of you, families stayed together. The people of Naboo were allowed to love in peace once more.

No one can save everyone from death, nor from falling. Not the lightest light and certainly not the darkest dark.

That day on Naboo you showed great compassion, you fought with love in your heart. That flatters me even in death. Not a day in your world passes that I do not remember my student fighting for me.

There is no greater gift you could have given me than to have risked your life to a swine that was at the time was a more powerful entity than yourself.

Because of you Obi-Wan Kenobi, I did not die in vein. I want you to know.

Hearing my voice soothes you. You hear my words but you do not listen. No matter what I say this day or hence forth, I know it will never been good enough.

To lose a student, a brother, a son is hard. Many would say harder than losing a parent.

Everyone around you has been lost, Obi-Wan. It saddens me to know you have so many more years to lead a healthy life but you must spend it in solitude. Your good graces cannot be felt throughout the reaches of the galaxy.

As I said, if anyone is to blame, it is me. But I know you are too good for that. You would never say it. You would never think it.

Forever you will grieve over your failure or lack-there-of. You see no hope for his return. He is gone from you and the light forever. But I encourage you to listen to the young Senator?s dying words. One day another will speak these words to you.

Of course you will be skeptical, as that is your nature. You were never afraid to challenge ideas, not even the ideas of your masters. But in doing so you showed tact, grace, and immense class.

You were the first person to speak up but the last person to offend a soul. Your compassion for all life that lives in this galaxy is the true way of the force, my friend. I want you to know, so that you never lose that empathy.

It would be a crime for this grief stricken galaxy to lo

2. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Wonderful description of Obi-Wan from Qui-Gon's POV. Very well done!

3. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    This is utterly and totally beautiful!! I love it how Qui-Gon shows his feelings about Obi-Wan after death. Wonderful job!=D=

4. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awww very sweet vig -- well done :)

5. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Excellent viggie!

Obi-Wan's description was perfect. :D

6. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    Thanks, I love themes in vignettes and I felt like this one was a success. I can't say i'm an expert by any means with the Qui-Gon character but I am actually sorta proud of this piece.

Thanks for reading.

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was brilliant.

It's just too bad Obi-Wan couldn't hear Qui-Gon during the years of training Anakin...

great job!!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    =D= Great job! Very sweet! I'm glad Qui-gon is there, in a sense, for Obi-wan during his exile. Excellent job; you portrayed both Obi-wan and Qui-gon wonderfully!

Keep it up!

9. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    No one can save everyone from death, nor from falling. Not the lightest light and certainly not the darkest dark. Very powerful line.

Excellent viggie. =D=

10. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    "It would be a crime for this grief stricken galaxy to lose yet another in that way. I want you to know above all else, Obi-Wan? I trust you. Master Yoda trusts you. The young senator trusted you.

You may not believe it but even in his rage, he trusts you."

Powerful repetition. Lovely viggie.

Val

11. QuiGonGal

QuiGonGal Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2005
    That was lovely!:)

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww, very sweet indeed!

13. -Erela-

-Erela- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2004
    Nicely done!

14. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    awww, such great replies. This is my first attempt at viggy like this, I'm so glad everyone enjoyed it.

15. Qui-GonSolo

Qui-GonSolo Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2005
    Excellent Qui-Gon vig.

16. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Oh, beautifully done! =D= =D=

17. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    Thanks, been a while since I looked in on this thread, but once again would like to thank everyone who read it and enjoyed it and decided to comment. Means a lot to me.

Long Live Qui-Gon!

18. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Those are such nice thoughts from Qui-Gon toward poor Obi-Wan. At that lowest point for Obi-Wan, in exile, with all the Jedi and his old life dead, it's so nice to know that he had Qui-Gon's spirit with him all along.

19. Ascal_Elessar

Ascal_Elessar Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    That was fantastic, good job!

20. RavenNolan

RavenNolan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2006
    This was a very moving piece. I could see Qui-Gon saying something like this to Obi-Wan. I enjoyed this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.