I was curious. . .

Discussion in 'Shenandoah and Central Virginia' started by Ithorian, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hello!!!!

I'm just investigating the boards. I'm moving to Virginia soon, and this appears to be the only chapter that could possibly be close to the Roanoke area, so I thought I'd drop by and say hi!
  2. AT-AT_Commander Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, Our meetings would be alittle far away for you, its about a three hour drive from you. But if you want to go the distance you are welcome too.
  3. ZebulaNebula Force Ghost

star 5
    While I'm hoping to start a chapter in the Lynchburg/Roanoke/Danville region.
  4. Ithorian Jedi Knight

star 3
  5. AT-AT_Commander Force Ghost

star 4
    Z is a good guy too. I hope it goes well for ya. Maybe we can have a fanforce get together sometime after you all get going.
  6. lieutenant_ketch Jedi Master

star 4
    I live in Lynchburg but this is the closest we got.
  7. Ithorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ah! Three willing souls to form a chapter. That would be cool. That's all we started our WV chapter with.

I make my official move next week, though I started work this week. Perhaps a gathering is in order?
  8. ZebulaNebula Force Ghost

star 5
    Indeed. But in Lynchburg or Roanoke?

There's more to do in Roanoke but two of the three of us are in Lynchburg. Either way, linking up at the mall would be the best plan(at least for the first meeting - while there's plenty of awesome little nooks in both cities, newcomers will be able to locate malls easily).

I do know quite a few nice spots in Lynchburg worth hitting that are pretty accessible.
  9. lieutenant_ketch Jedi Master

star 4
    well I'd rather it be in Lynchburg because I'm still only about thirteen (got on the force.net as soon as I could) and parents probably wouldn't like driving two hours lol
  10. Ithorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    Actually, it wouldn't make much difference to me. I'm perfectly willing to drive.
  11. ZebulaNebula Force Ghost

star 5
    Lynchburg it is, then. The question is now what day and time? Tuesdays are the only really bad day for me, and since I'm in the middle of a move, myself(just a local one), weekends are a bit more difficult for me between now and April.
  12. AT-AT_Commander Force Ghost

star 4
    lol, wonder if i will get the pregnant padme award for spawning a fanforce from a dying one. lol but unlike padme we shall rise again.
  13. ZebulaNebula Force Ghost

star 5
    Indeed.

Oh, how does April 3 sound for the Lynchburg meeting?
  14. lieutenant_ketch Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe. It would probably be fine for me as well
  15. Ithorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    That could just work. I'll have to see what I can do about my schedule, but I can probably make it work.
  16. ZebulaNebula Force Ghost

star 5
    Great. I'm pretty flexible on the time.
  17. Ithorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    April 3 might work, but I wouldn't be able to do it until later in the evening.
  18. lieutenant_ketch Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok considering it's today tell me the date and time please. I need to know decently fast but I might be a little bit late
  19. ZebulaNebula Force Ghost

star 5
    would 7:30 work, Ithorian?
  20. lieutenant_ketch Jedi Master

star 4
    That might work but it won't necessarily be long.
  21. ZebulaNebula Force Ghost

star 5
    Alright, I wasn't expecting a long meeting the first time.

Are we still going for the mall(at least to start)?
  22. ZebulaNebula Force Ghost

star 5
    Um, seeing that it's 7 now, I'm gonna start getting ready to head for the mall. I'll be leaving in about 10 minutes ... unless you say otherwise, I'll meet ya at the food court. I'll be wearing a 'saber.
  23. Ithorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry, but I ended up having to stay at work a little longer than I expected. I couldn't get away.

Perhaps another time?
  24. ZebulaNebula Force Ghost

star 5
    Bummer on not making it ... we missed ya. We did discuss future meetings though and decided to ix-nay any more week-night meetings for now, at least. We were talking about the beginning of May, for a Sat. afternoon meeting. And we need to start some of the adminis-trivia for the start-up.
  25. AT-AT_Commander Force Ghost

star 4
    Good job on getting your meetings up and running. Looks like the southern Shenandoah valley fanforce should be up and running soon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.