main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ I Was Shocked with The Saber On Ben (Obi Wan) Kenobi

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by ACERIMMERROCKS, May 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    Today I went to the local Warehouse in Invercargill and found they had some new POTJ figures i had a look through found no errors that i know about so i picked one i liked which happenes to be the Ben (Obi WAn)Kenobi Jedi Knight figure I brought itand went back to the local games shop (my favourite hang out) Opened it up craft knife down the side as not to damage the packaging got it out and to my shock i found that the extened light saber was an episode one obi wan light saber but the handle was the right one i am wondering if this is an error or just hasbro stuffing up again also if any one has a spare on card Darth Vader Dagohbah Could u please send me a email and i will buy it at cost also this is really cool all the new zealanders getting together invercargill gets hardly anything and it would be handy if u see some thing i need and i will buy it at cost thanks

2. Obi-Jace

Obi-Jace Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2001
    Is there any other POTJ figures down there?I haven't been to Dunedin for awhile either. I've had some good finds there in the past!

3. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    there is a coulple of 300th boba fetts $30 some commtech hans lukes and greedos $15
    potj
    obi wan (jedi)
    Dath maul (final Duel)
    r2 d2 (naboo escape)
    Ben (obi wan) Kenobi
    Fode and beed
    sebulba
    $15 each
    couple of interactive yodas
    jedi final duel 2 figure set $28
    If any one needs these figures email me and i will see what i can do

4. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Hmmm I had never noticed that before. I don't think it was error but I'll do some research on that. I know the handle attached to his belt is Lukes.

5. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    the hilt is obi wans i got the star wars ccg card obi wans light saber and it looks just like the hilt anikens and obi wans light sabers r very simmiler go to the decipher web site and see

6. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    As far as I could find the lightsabre is correct, why they used Obi wan's from episode 1 i'm not sure. But the lightsabre handle is Anakin's, the one Obi wan gives to Luke in ANH.

7. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    Go here to the ecipher web site for a pic of an old school obi wan light saber it looks the sme as the one on the figures belt
    obi wans saber

the one on his belt also looks similar but is not the one he gave to luke e.g.anikans lightsaber i also found a good pic of that
    anikens lightsaber

the extended saber i got had a epioside one obi wan hilt the one with the ball with the spiky things at the end of it it is not an epiode 4 obi wan light saber hilt on the extend saber

so yeah i can see your confuse ment

8. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    OK I had a look at the pic, unfortunately I believe that is actually Anakin's old lightsabre (the one he gave luke and also the one attached to his belt on the action figure) You'll find the lightsabre Obi wan used on ANH is more like Luke's in ROTJ. If you have a look at the POTF Obi wan action figure Lightsabres you'll see what I mean. :)

9. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    Once again i have been defeted by a superior being u were right i was wrong man decipher made a stuff up on that obi wans lightsaber card that has pissed me off i found another picture that proves u right swnz but i still recon my extened light saber is an epioside 1 one

that pic is pretty cool take a look
    proper saber

10. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    That Lightsaber has been the focus of a few questions. if you have the Visual Dictionaries from DK books, youll find some better reference photos. I had a look at mine, and the saber is similar to the E1 saber, except the 'spiky ball' is silver on ben's ANH saber, whereas on the E1 saber it's black.

11. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    No worries dude, we are all here to help out. Yeah Obi wan's Lightsabre (POTJ AF) is similar to the Episode 1 lightsabre.

12. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    Yeah I never thought about those books ive always found the ccg cards very accurate sorry about my mistake also i went back to the warehouse to day double checked my last figure posting they also have

potj qui gon mos espa desgiuse 15 bucks

and that crapy little trade fedratoin tank and that gungan gun thing 20 bucks each

rember if any one needs any of these figures i can send them to u

13. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    Thanks ACERIMMER, youre a pal, but I already got those. Obi-Jace might be keen though...

A Red Dwarf Fan too huh? I used to watch it all the time.

14. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    Thanks ACERIMMER, youre a pal, but I already got those. Obi-Jace might be keen though...

A Red Dwarf Fan too huh? I used to watch it all the time.

-edit- hey look! a double post. I didnt think that was possible...weird...

15. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    i can now defnetly confirm that the extended saber is a n ANH saber not a Eposide one version thanks for all your help and yes i am helping out obijace with those figs

also does any one here collect star wars customisable card game cards if so please tell me as i need to finish my sets soon

16. Obi-Jace

Obi-Jace Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2001
    I don't get into the card games but I know where I can get some.I'll e-mail and let you know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.