main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I went running today!

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by NarundiJedi, Jun 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Yes, after months of being a total schlub, I went outside today with my Nikes laced up and my watch on my wrist, and ran for seventeen minutes.

I went slow, and I had to keep looping back for my boyfriend, but it was exercise! Maybe now that pizza and grilled cheese gut will go away. . .

I figure this thread can be sort of a "get healthy" thing, where we can try to out-do each other. Like - "I just did 50 sit ups!" and "Nyah nyah, I did 75!" :p

Or maybe it's just another one of my silly creations. ;) Either way, I'm going to talk about my training plans. Last summer I did lots of long distance, but my routine was missing speedwork. This summer I'm living in a place that lacks the number of running options as last time. Oh well. :(

Jae Angel

2. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Good job, Jess. :)

I think I might actually get up to work out tomorrow! Yay for me! :p

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    That kind of stuff could kill a person. I think I'm having palpitations just sitting here, I don't know what I'd do if I had to RUN :eek:

4. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    Good job, Jess!

Guess what? I ran yesterday too! Not like I don't daily, but still... 3 miles too ;)
    :p

5. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I usually exercise once I get home from work, but yesterday I was waiting on the air conditioner repairman, so I played Pikmin for 3 hours! My hand/eye coordination is suberb.

6. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I just got back from today's run, and I feel a lot worse than yesterday. I managed to squeeze out 20 minutes, but my asthma was really holding me back. I think all the pine tree pollen in my area is one of my triggers, because I don't have difficulty breathing in areas with fewer pines.

Yes, I live in the middle of nowhere. I once came home to see a huge grey thing that looked an awful lot like a wolf in my front yard. It has some great trails though. ;) AND they're about a quarter mile from my house. :D

Jae Angel

7. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    Aw, I want to live where you do now Jess! It sounds like good running (except for the asthma part of course).

Well, I did 3 and a half today :) Still, it's hard to run after having not done it for a while, so I'm proud of you ;) I've run pretty much daily since last August, so.... yeah :p I'm doing a thing where I have to run 300 miles over the entire summer! :eek: I have 285 left. :)

8. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    It's summer already for you? Wow. And every day since last August? Double wow! Trying to run daily in Upstate NY is hard when you're only running one season. I blame this for my laziness. ;)

Every year we have a training week the week before school starts. This is where I get my speed back normally, although this time I'm going to try to not ignore my coach's tempo and fartlek plans for the summer. :p

Jae Angel

9. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    Well it hasn't been every day. Pretty much, but there were a few days I couldn't squeeze it in ;)

Yeah, we have the few weeks before school starts to get speed and all that back. ;) It isn't quite summer yet, of course, but running for the summer starts since we're trying for 300 and our coach needed 100 days to make the mileage reasonable ;)

10. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    You young people and your energy. Bah!

//shuffles off to rocking chair

11. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    When I'm not slow and asthmatic, I normally run about five miles a day. When I'm fast and asthmatic I ignore the symptoms and nobody seems to notice. ;) Running teaches you that "feeling the burn" isn't always bad.

I've only had one injury that sidelined me, and it's always because I've been running too much on flat feet. The last time it flared up I knew the kind of things I needed to do. Coach was very pissed, though. ;) "What do you mean you hurt your leg because you moved yourself in wearing sandals?"

I learned my lesson. :p I learned my lesson even more because this year I'm not taking so much crap to school! :mad: I think the Star Wars books are staying here. [face_blush]

Jae Angel

12. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    Running teaches you that "feeling the burn" isn't always bad.
    Amen! ;) :p

My sister has flat feet and she runs anyway. I think my feet are becoming flat or something. They're getting kind of strange anyway, and I don't like it!

13. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Yeah, my toenails always get deformed when I run. I think it's because my feet are two different sizes, and one foot slides around in the shoe. It's only that one foot on which I get blood blisters and other creepy things. :p

In other news, today I ran on a longer course I often ran in previous summers, and I finished it! I only left out one loop and ran for 26 minutes! :) And my stomach was hurting before I started out, and I'd had a beer. ;) If I can run through all that and stay focused, then I still have the ol' stuff in me! :D

Jae Angel

14. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    lol :p yay, 26 minutes! :) 2 days ago the weather was perfect for running. It was slightly cool and misty so I wouldn't overheat or get dehydrated, so I just went and ran 5 miles :p It was fun ;)

15. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Yeah, I still need to find my old motivation to go out running in the rain. I used to wear contacts but now I don't, so I need windshield wipers! :p

I hate having to take things slow, but I know I'll love myself for it later on when I'm running 5 or 6 miles a day and it's normal. :)

Jae Angel

16. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    yep, it is great :) But unfortunately I don't have time to run today! I have to study for a test instead... :_|

17. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Sorry about your test. :( Is this the last one for you? :)

I only went out for fifteen minutes today. I have a baby shower to go to in a few minutes, so I'm going down to eat a very unhealthy hot dog. ;)

Jae Angel

18. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I haven't run yet today but yesterday I did an hour of swimming and running in the pool. It was freezing! But also very invigorating! ;)

What I really wanted to talk about was what I saw today at the mall. Alison, this also applies to you because there's apparently a store in Walden Galleria in Buffalo too. The name of the store is Ativa, and they only sell women's active and running wear. Watches, shoes, and glasses too! It's just a great store for women who have a hard time searching through miss-matched racks in a normal sporting store to find workout clothes. Everything in there is color-organized and they have EVERYTHING!

I was looking for a sport top that wouldn't mash my stomach and lungs. (Besides my asthma, I also have a bit of a belly that I need to tone after being lazy ;) ) These guys had my favorite style Nike top, in FOUR different colors! I got the blue and the red/orange. ;) They've also got running clothes by New Balance, Adidas, Hind, Asics, and others. I really think it's a must-see for any woman who likes to work out. :)

Jae Angel

19. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    I wish I had learned how to swim better :p And I wish for a pool to swim in... lol ;) Well I didn't run today because it was raining and I wasn't really in the mood to get all wet. I did yesterday, though... but not the day before. Uh-oh, this isn't a good trend. 2 days in one week without running! :eek: :p

That store sounds absolutely awesome, Jess. Next time I'm in Buffalo, I'm going to go there :) I know just what you're talking about, too, going through racks trying to find good clothes. (I like those Nike tops too!!) All women's is even better ;) Even at a sporting store like Dick's they can't have everything, so that really sounds perfect! Now I want to go check it out! (But I can't drive yet, so I'm gonna have to wait) ;)

20. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    EDIT: oops... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.