main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"I Will Always Love You" (JA fic) (comfort, G)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Laheara, Apr 6, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laheara

Laheara Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2000
    Hello all, I've been around here for a few weeks now and I have my favorite stories I love reading. Right now "Glitters" and "Survival". No the story has nothing to do with the song, I just like the title.

So be gentle, this isn't my first story, but it is my first post on this forum. But I hear you're all very nice.

Obi is 15, slight spoilers for JA books.

So here we go. Enjoy, and love to hear from you all.

"I Will Always Love You"

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon had arrived at the Temple late. The transport that was to pick them up on Alderaan was delayed for 8 hours and didn't get to the diplomatic building for them until almost three in the morning on that world.

Therefore, Obi-Wan felt very tired since the peace talks were long and boring and he just wanted a bed and pillow. Qui-Gon was even feeling drained. After doing a few hundred of these things in his life, they begin to get boring. He noticed Obi-Wan was less then thrilled during the talks and excused him to go get them packed, as they would be leaving for Coruscant in a few hours.

Then the wait for 8 hours and the long flight back to Coruscant. Obi-Wan was barely awake when they arrived at the Temple and his Master took pity on the boys forlorn state. Instead of waking him, he had the pilot land at a docking bay only 2 levels down from their quarters. He had carried the exhausted boy to his room and put him to bed. Qui-Gon did owe the boy since he had covered for the Master when he was late getting to one of the peace talks because he himself had fallen asleep.

Qui-Gon pulled the covers up to the boys shoulders and turned off the lights. While walking to the door, he felt a wave of the Force come from his sleeping apprentice. It was worry and sorrow mixed with exhaustion.

Qui-Gon stopped at the door and turned back around to look at his Padawan. He thought back to the last time the two had and entire day of fun. Reconnecting their bond and relaxing while enjoying each others presence. He had to admit, he had noticed Obi-Wan seemed less energetic and full of life then he normally was. Perhaps this life of constant missions and dull talks had worn him down.

Usually Obi-Wan was excited to watch the descent to Coruscant and see the Temple rise up out of the immense cityscape of Galactic City. He sometimes tried to look in the windows of the Council chambers if they flew by that tower. Once he?d seen Yoda and waved, even knowing the small master couldn?t see him. This time he had only looked out the window once and was more
    interested in flipping his braid over and over in his fingers.

Before leaving the room Qui-Gon brushed against Obi-Wan mind and calmed his dreams. The boy wriggled under the covers further and fell into a deep dreamless sleep, like a drop into a pond of still water. He would feel better in the morning.

The Master walked over the comm and checked the schedule they had been keeping for the past few months. To his surprised he saw that there hadn't been more then a day of rest in three months. No wonder Obi-Wan was so tired and, ?out of spunk?, as Reeft called it.

Reminded of the boy, Qui-Gon considered asking Bant and Garen if they would mind keeping Obi-Wan busy for a while. But upon checking the Temple records, he saw that Bant and her Master were on Malastare and Garen and his Master were on another part of Coruscant helping the Senate. Qui-Gon knew that Reeft would be unreachable, as he and his Master rarely came home.

"Well I guess it's up to me this time," Qui-Gon said quietly to himself. Knowing that Yoda would still be wake at this hour he contacted the small master and asked him to clear their schedule for the next two days. He would pay Obi-Wan back for his patience and loyalty by giving him two whole days to do whatever he pleased.

More coming. Think it's good? You want more??

2. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    PLease sir, can I've some more???

Kithera

3. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    If this is your first post, I officially applaud you! Welcome aboard!

This is Cool! MORE!

4. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Its about time Laheara I love your stories.
    By the way you still haven't updated "Now I Know." just in case you forgot

5. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I second that, Laheara, I'm also looking forward to more "Now I know".

But this is a promising start as well! Is Obi-Wan coming down with the flu or something? I can't wait to find out what's the matter with him.

6. Jedi Erica Amidala

Jedi Erica Amidala Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 1999
    Oh yeah! One of my favorita authors has finally come to the JC! Finish "Now I know"! This sounds good, I agreee, I think that Obi has the flu...

7. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Welcome Laheara, I also am familiar with your wonderful stories and am thrilled to see you here.
    Please post often, post soon.

8. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Sweet! Keep posting!

9. Laheara

Mar 13, 2000
    Wow!!! I feel loved. You guys all know my stories. Yeah I'm not surprised you know about NIK, it's my FIRST story and has been around for a while. Yeah I know I left Obi get stabbed and shot by a ship. I am working on part 5 and have about half of it done. Happy?

FYI: I also have another story that's an AU take on JA6 and 7. It's called "Final Peace" and will be very dark. I LOVE angst.

Well as for the replies so far to this thread I'm very impressed. I've got some great names here so far:
    epic, HealerLeona, Jedi Erica Amidala, Jane Jinn, JediKnight-Obi-Wan, light_sabe_r, Kit.

I believe I've read something from all of you since I know those names. I know I've read "Worst Thing" light_sabe_r. MORE. And as for Jane, I been after you for weeks to join my mailing list. We throw stories at each other all the time, you'd love it there. Email me! That's goes for everyone else here too. Feel free to join us, we have lots of talent there, just like here.

I love JC, this place is great. I come in for a fic fix every day and find something to keep me happy.

WARNING: I have got more of this story and it's gonna get REAL mushy and sappy. I love tear jerkers.

OT: I'm a shameless Coruscant freak. I love that planet, I want to move there.
    If anyone has any jpg or gif pics of it or the cities PLEASE send them my way. THANKS!

Thanks for reading you guys, love ya.

[This message has been edited by Laheara (edited 04-06-2000).]

10. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    I LOVE mushy! Particularly if it involves our Obi! Please post more!

[This message has been edited by Jemmiah (edited 04-06-2000).]

11. Flip A Coin

Flip A Coin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2000
    I like mushy? Who dosent like mushy?
    Now if only we could a part 5 on "Now I Know".........gaah! I am so impatient!

12. Laheara

Mar 13, 2000
    Here comes some more. Enjoy!

Love hearing from you all.

Obi-Wan awoke as skytaxi passed to close to the Temple making a barely audible 'woosh' that no one would notice but someone with Jedi honed scenes.

The young fifteen year-old rolled over and looked up at the crono on his nightstand. To his surprise it was almost ten in the morning. His master usually woke him at seven or eight for early morning training before breakfast. A hint of worry passed over the boy as he reached out to the
    Force to check on his mentor.

However, to his pleasure, he felt the same calm aura he was so familiar with. His master was in the next room relaxing, reading up on happenings here at home. Sensing no reason to hurry Obi-Wan leaned back against his pillow and closed his eyes again.

He remained there for another twenty minutes or so, comfortable with the serenity that the Temple radiated, the safety of his master being near by, and the warmth of his bed. Everytime he went to Alderaan he left with cold feet, he didn't know why, but now they were toasty and warm.

Sensing his master knew he was awake now, he sent a cheerful "good morning" over their bond and smiled when he received a love filled reply. Finally deciding it was time to drag his lazy hide out of bed, he got up, took some fresh clothes from his closet, and quietly walked into the refresher, so as not to disturb his master. When he had showered and changed his entered their living room for the first time that day.

Giving a small yawn he walked over to the couch next to his master's chair, infront of a large picture window overlooking Galactic City, and sat down. His master smiled at him and passed a piece of fruit from a plate near him.

"Did you sleep well?" the man ask when he was almost finished the piece.

"Yes Master, very well. The best in weeks. Might I assume you had something to do with that?" Obi-Wan smiled over the skin of the piece of fruit he'd just finished and was licking the juice off.

Qui-Gon smiled at the sight next to him and also with notice that his apprentice had picked up on his masters signature in the boys mind that past night. "Yes, I may have had something to do with that. You approve I trust?"

Obi-Wan placed the skin on the discard plate on the short but long five legged wooden table in front of him and stretched out full length, his feet going under the table, before answering. "Oh no, I don't mind at all. I wish you'd have done that a couple weeks ago. Then I might not have this many knots," the boy answered while rubbed a hand in a circular motion on the back of his neck.

Qui-Gon put the data pad down and stood, walked over to the couch and sat down next to his Padawan. "Turn your back to me, I think I can help that," his soft smooth voice was barely more then a whisper.

Obeying, Obi-Wan turned around and pulled his legs up and crossing his ankles in front of himself. He felt his Padawan braid being pushed over his shoulder and winced in momentary pain, then he almost melted. Qui-Gon's first spot was the huge knot that had been hurting ever since he came out this morning. It hurt for a few seconds while his master eased the skin with his expert fingers. Then the pain receded and he felt firm but gentle hands on his neck and back. Oh Force, it felt good. He closed his eyes and just let master's graceful hands do their magic on his skin. Being Force sensitive Qui-Gon could feel, from Obi-Wan, just where every sore spot was and cared for them all individually until Obi-Wan totally relaxed and was leaning heavy on his masters hands.

After a few minutes of that Obi-Wan wouldn't have known if a herd of Banthas were to stamped through the room. The young man was feeling totally comfortable and then he felt his master stop and allow him to lean against him.

Being a fifteen year-old apprentice, he would never have allowed this kind of thing under normal circumstances. But this was different, they had been on trying and sometimes dangerous missions for months now. With all that they hadn't had

13. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Laheara I think the only reason you know my handle is because I hounded you in "All that Glitters" about writting more on "Now I know."
    I doubt you've read my stories

I DO agree with you about Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon caring for each other. I LOVE that scene in the movie where Qui-Gon trys to take Anakin as his Padawan. The look on Obis face is pure hurt. Then after the Council tells him that now is not the time to discuss his being ready for knight hood, you can see a muscel clench in his jaw and he swallows hard. (good job Ewan!)

And the look he and Qui-Gon exchanged. WOW.
    Like I have said in another thread. The body language in TPM made up for lack of dialogue.
    And of course I loved the TPM book. It explained the true feelings betweeen them.

14. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    So, does someone want to post a link to "Now I Know"? Now I want to read it!

Great writing, Laheara! Very cute, realistic, and descriptive. Keep it up!

Update soon!

15. Knight Obi Wan

Knight Obi Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 1999
    Bravo and please continue!! I too have been reading NIK and I DO hope there's an update soon!! More please!! I love the massage scene. I think we can all agree that there's more to Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon than is shown up front; it's more sublties (sp?) like when Qui-Gon first confonts Maul and gets aboard ship...the look of concern on Obi-Wan's face is heartbreaking...controlled, but definately there.

16. Krim16

Krim16 Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2000
    You are a very talented writer. This story is pretty good, I can't wait to read more. Every one keeps talking about the NIK story, were is that?

Krim16

17. Laheara

Mar 13, 2000
    Hey again.

This is for those of you who are wondering what on Coruscant everyone is talking about when referring to my other story, "Now I Know".

As I said it's my first story about Qui and Obi helping some government officals get off a war torn planet but things go wrong and Obi and a friend get into a nasty and dangerous situation. There is some mush in the beginning and I will have more in the end too.

So if you're still interested here's the link to my Early Years archive. Just go to the authors section and scroll till you see my name. It' the first one listed there.
    http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Picture/6672/early_index.html http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Picture/6672/early_index.html

Enjoy.

BTW: more story coming soon.

[This message has been edited by Laheara (edited 04-07-2000).]

18. Laheara

Mar 13, 2000
    Did everyone forget about me??? Oh well. I guess you're all off reading NIK.

Here's the next part of my story anyway. Enjoy.

After a good long time relaxing on the couch in their quarters, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan went down to the cafeteria to get a real meal. Obi-Wan saw some of his other friends from classes and the went to talk to them while Qui-Gon spoke with Mace Windu and some other masters.

When their eyes met they both excused themselves and went to get some food. Obi-Wan was always a great one for getting just about one of everything on display. Qui-Gon thought to himself it was good to see the boy eating so well again, he had lost a lot of weight in the last few months. Mace had even noticed it and asked saying that they both looked like they weren't taking very good care of themselves. Qui-Gon made a note to get some exercise today too.

They sat down at a table in the area reserved for masters and padawans and started to eat. Qui-Gon watched with bemusement the way Obi-Wan attacked his food. The master himself, just ate as his usual rate. 'But come to think of it, that is Obi-Wan's usual rate,' the man smiled as he thought.

Obi-Wan noticed the playful smile on his master's face and slowed down a moment, "What is so funny Master?"

Qui-Gon looked up and shook his head slightly displaying a perfectly innocent look on his face. "Nothing at all, why do you ask?" Qui-Gon replied desperately trying to stifle a laugh.

Then Obi-Wan got the image of himself from just a few moments ago over the bond, and cracked up laughing. "Is that really what I look like? You must be ashamed to take me out in public," the boy smiled mischievously.

Qui-Gon couldn't help but laugh at the pure deviousness of the boys look and attitude he could feel in the Force. "Well there have been a few times when I've had to use the Force to... distract... some diplomats from seeing your... particular eating style," he said nodding at the boys plate, impressing even himself by not laughing at that comment.

Obi-Wan's smile turned to a hurt look at the statement. Then he remembered his master would never say anything to hurt his feelings on purpose. He checked the bond again and got an image of 'to-good-for-everyone' ambassador being distracted and going on to complain about another dignitary. Then, after an instant, he sensed his masters amusement and started laughing again with a cute little smirk and an amazing glitter in his eyes that pure Obi-Wan.

Qui-Gon was taken aback at that particular look. He tried to remembered the last time he'd seen it, but it was so long. That twinkle and look of innocence he was seeing now was one of the things that had drawn him to Obi-Wan in the first place. He remembered doing everything he could to see that look when they bonded after the Melida/Daan and Telos disasters. Over the last two years he had let that part of his life to slip by, he wasn't being the caring mentor, to Obi-Wan, he wanted to be. The fact he couldn't remember the last time he saw that glorious expression was a strong fact against him.

Obi-Wan had gone straight to eating again after the smirk and didn't notice the changed look on his masters face until now. He looked up and saw Qui-Gon deep in thought and a feeling of sadness along the bond. He pushed inside deeper and saw what his master was remembering.

Obi-Wan quickly placed his fork on the napkin beside his plate and put his small hand in his masters much bigger one and squeezed. The sudden contact broke the master from his thoughts and he looked first at the hand on his then hesitantly into the face of the boy it belonged to and saw complete love and denial there as Obi-Wan slightly shook his head keeping eyes contact.

"It's not true master. Making me laugh isn't the only way you show that you love me. I see it everyday in your eyes, and in the way you protect me on dangerous missions. The way you go out of your way to be sure I'm safe, by keeping me close to you at all times. I feel your love everytime I touch your mind and feel yo

19. Knight Obi Wan

Knight Obi Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 1999
    awwww ::joyful tears:: I hope Jude Watson is taking notes!

20. Fallon

Fallon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2000
    Magnifique! Simply marvelous! This story is a work of art, pure and simple. The best kind of author is the kind that can make the characters feel real, like they really do have emotions. I'm not even sure some professional Star Wars authors can write this good. Please, do post more. Knight Obi Wan is right, Jude Watson should be taking notes! Keep up the spectacular work!

Fallon

21. MaraJSkywalker

MaraJSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2000
    This is such a wonderful story! I can feel the way they feel about each other. You do a great job at letting us be a part of that!

22. ObKenobeee

ObKenobeee Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2000
    This is a very good story. Are you going to post more soon (I know it was only 2 days ago since the last post, but i have no patients.)

23. ObKenobeee

ObKenobeee Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2000
    This is a very good story. Are you going to post more soon (I know it was only 2 days ago since the last post, but i have no pacients. I can't even spell.)

24. Jedi Erica Amidala

Jedi Erica Amidala Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 1999
    Nice! Check your E-mail Laharea, I sent you a story.

*sigh* I wish that you would relax your rules on Anain being in stories, maybe you could make a separate section of Anakin stories??? E-mail me.

25. padawanmac

padawanmac Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 1999
    This is soooooo sweet and really cute!

C'mon post more really, really, really soon.
    I thought by posting this I would bring it to the top and remind you that as a fan fic writer, you have an obligation to you loyal fans to keep on writing![b/]

Um, thank you, I'm going now.

~ Padawanmac.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.