main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV I will be resigning as President and City Rep of SNFF

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Jun 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    It is time that I resign as President of this Fan Force, and City Rep.

I have had a good run, founded the Henderson Fan Force, and when we merged with Vegas, became overall City Rep when we found out we could not have two of them (me and MoronDude).

At this point, I just don't have the time to devote to this Fan Force that it deserves. The time to make it the success it can be, with activities, t-shirts, a web site, etc.

I spoke with MoronDude about taking the reins, but he suggested seeing if anyone else was interested.

So here it is: My last day as President and CR will be Saturday, June 19th. If you are interested in becoming the City Rep, or becoming the President, please PM me.

If no one is interested, we will be 'Rep-less'. All of us who post on this board are pretty well-behaved, so I don't think that will be a problem, we could actually be 'rep-less' for quite some time.

Another alternative would be to take several of the active members, and form a leader council. So, rather than one person leading, they would be several to share the burden, with one of them being the City Rep.

TwinSunsSyndicate.com is expiring soon, and I will not renew it, unless the new president/council/CR really wants me to. In my opinion, the name is just too long for our group, even though it seemed like a good idea at the time. Let the new regime name our group.

I will still GM and play on Saturday nights, and I will continue to post here, I just won't have a blue name.

Had I more time on my hands, things could be different. But alas, this is not the case, and I forsee my life just getting busier.

I appreciate all your support thus far, and the friendships which will continue. We have had and will continue to have a great Fan Force, and a greater group of friends. I look forward to where the new regime will take us, but now, my time is over.

Thank you all very much,

Talon Wolfe
    City Rep and President
    Southern Nevada Fan Force
    [Twin Suns Syndicate]

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Sorry to hear this Talon. I understand though... I resigned as Chapter Rep and President of the San Diego Chapter on April 30th.

Good luck with all of your future endeavors.

Linda :)

3. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Thanks for the kind words, I am torn about resigning, but I believe this is for the best.

4. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    I would offer my services to be a rep, but living in california, does that preclude me from throwing my hat in the ring? what exactly do you do as rep?

5. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Reps (CR's) coordinate with the regional person (RSA) and occasionally with Global (GSA), they moderate the boards so that the code of conduct is being observed, report things, settle disputes, serve as liason to the higher ups.

This is different than what the leader council or president would do.

You are correct in that being in So. Cal puts you in a bad spot to serve on a Southern Nevada Board...

But so far, you're the only one who has let me know of their interest.

6. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    Haha, well if its just board moderation and things as such, I don't see why I couldn't do the job :). But to be fair, if there are any Southern Nevada people who want the job, I will retract my hat from the circle, dust it off, and head out on my merry way.

7. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Anyone interested in being on a leader council of sorts?

A.... Jedi Council perhaps?

Hmmmm.... "I am a part of the Southern Nevada Jedi Council..."

How cool and geeky is that?

But who will step up and be our Yoda?

8. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    I want to be that freaky guy with the long neck. Seriously, whats involved in this job? I really dont think I have the patience to settle disputes if theyre just silly so Ill pick the person I like, or the one that pays me the most in comic book gift sertificates.

9. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Well I expressed my interest in the council when you first suggested it. I think in this situation, I'd make a better Mace than Yoda. Perhaps MoronDude for Yoda?

10. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Moron Dude might make an excellent Yoda!

I think the job would entail dividing up and or teaming up on the following responsibilites

1. Jedi Archives: Who is currently a member, keeping their email and personal info in a secure spot, what does it take to be a member, and keeping a record of our history and or events (nothing fancy, a timeline will do)

2. Holonet: Regular Communication. Anything from a monthly email to a paper newletter to a pdf sent out. Don't matter, just something. Even if the email didn't have much to announce or say....

3. Web Presence: Maintain a web site for us, and or public/private msg boards for members and leaders. This of course would be with our new domain name, since TwinSunsSyndicate.com is on it's way out. The site could be relatively static so it wouldn't need much updating.

4. Activities/Events: Is one per month too much to shoot for?

5. Adjudicator: Resolve disputes, if any. Probably won't have any. Moderate the public fan force boards...

6. CR: This could be combined with #5 above, maybe. The CR is the Chapter Rep, and liases with the Regional and Global Fan Forces.

7. Yoda or Supreme Chancellor or Emperor: the president, the buck stops here. Leader of the council and of the Fan Force.

These are things that could be shared, or a single person could do each, or it could rotate... whatever.

this is just off the top of my head.

What do you guys think?

11. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Anyone interested in doing ANYTHING?

After tomorrow, I am done. Finito. So you could ask to be president, and then do it all your way. You wouldn't have to do a single THING that I detailed above, and I would take absolutely NO offense, I promise.

We would even call you El Presidente if you wanted.

Enthusiasm! We are brimming with it!

12. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I'm totally willing to take over President and CR duties IF no one else would like the opportunity.

13. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Moron for president! Gerson for vice president! YAY!

14. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Hear Hear!

15. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Darthdarkstar for the person who posts occasionally!!

16. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    you've got my vote, Darkstar!

17. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Has there been any descision as to who is going to wear the blue now?

Let me know ASAP so I can take care of it :)

18. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    MoronDude is now the Chapter Rep and President of the SNFF!!! He shall wear the Blue!

Hoorah!

19. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    It is with great reluctance that I have agreed to this calling. I love Democracy...I love the Republic. The power you give me I will lay down when this crisis has abated. And as my first act with this new authority, I will create a grand army of the Republic to counter the increasing threats of the Separatists.

Or, in other words, It's good to be the King!

20. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    heh you should totally change your icon to Emperor Palpatine :D

21. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    From now on, call me Chancellor.

22. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    So can I be Vader then? I mean your assistant?

23. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Or maybe I can be the Hand of Moron?

24. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Perhaps we could have a deadline on these type of things from now on? Just an idea.

25. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    I thought the deadline was June 19th when he said he would retire.

Edit: Unless I COMPLETELY missed what was going on here, which is possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.